I cant orgasm after my hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I cant orgasm after my hysterectomy I cant orgasm after my hysterectomy

Unread 02-06-2021, 02:21 AM
I cant orgasm after my hysterectomy

Hi, Im Dayna. Im 37. I had my hysterectomy 7 yrs ago in 2014. They took everything except my ovaries due to uterine cancer. I noticed after my surgery, i was having a hard time orgasming. Now i just cant do it at all. Not even if i do it myself. Havnt had one in about 5 years. Anybody have the same problem or know why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2021, 05:05 PM
I cant orgasm after my hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynaBlount View Post
Hi, Im Dayna. Im 37. I had my hysterectomy 7 yrs ago in 2014. They took everything except my ovaries due to uterine cancer. I noticed after my surgery, i was having a hard time orgasming. Now i just cant do it at all. Not even if i do it myself. Havnt had one in about 5 years. Anybody have the same problem or know why?
I had my total laparascopic hysterectomy 15 years ago and have had problems ever since. I'd love to know if anyone has been able to resolve this somehow.
Unread 02-12-2021, 05:51 PM
Re: I cant orgasm after my hysterectomy

We're sorry that you are having problems, but hopefully you will find information and support that will be helpful.

Have you discussed your concerns with your doctor? That's the first step to take. Your doctor could, for example, run a FSH test to see if you are in perimenopause or menopause. You could have your hormone levels checked and have a thyroid panel run. If your doctor isn't being responsive to your concerns, it's time to find another doctor.

Orgasms can change after a hysterectomy and can mean getting used to a new normal. Many members miss the uterine contractions they experienced with orgasm. For many, losing the cervix also changes their experience because it's no longer there to be bumped during intercourse.

There are plenty of articles to browse through in the Intimacy resource, plus additional information in the Resource Database.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:12 AM

I hear you. I'm with you. Two and a half years out and having this same issue. The Gyn Onc I had did not seem too comfortable talking about s-e-x (can you feel my eyes rolling?) except to say that most women recover with little to no change to that part of their lives. It makes me want to deck him.
My next discussion will be with my regular Gyn (who is amazing) but I don't know how talking about sex/orgasm will be with him. I am hoping that they will finally check hormone levels as *no one* seemed to want to before the surgery ("there's no good time - levels can be all over the place but not tell you anything" grr!).
There were other losses around the same time, and depression, only a visitor before, is a steady companion since then. I can't help but think that having an orgasm would help especially given my libido before surgery (well, before the last d&c right before the surgery). Posting to be connected to this thread.
Unread 03-23-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynaBlount View Post
Hello i am santamara i had mines done in 2016 and i have no sex drive nor an organsism very frustrating
Unread 04-27-2021, 05:16 PM

Unfortunately if your cervix and uterus have been remove, so are your orgasms as you knew them. Unfortunately I learned the hard way. I can build up to having an orgasm, feels great and then nothing, no wahoo, no grand finally, nothing, as the parts required are gone.

In my case I had women, including my mother, tell me sex after is better than ever. They obviously have never experienced a full orgasm... I feel like I've been snorfledoodled. So infuriating that no gynecologists (saw 2) or MD (saw 3) mentioned anything to me when deciding to have a hysterectomy. More info needs to be put out there about this.
Unread 04-28-2021, 05:52 AM

Orgasms can change after a hysterectomy. For some women they are better after the surgery, for some they don't change, and others have changes but are still able to have satisfying orgasms. It can take time to figure out the new normal and accept it for what it is.

We always encourage women to research carefully, weigh the pros and cons of surgery, exhaust viable options to having a hysterectomy, and then to keep as many healthy parts as possible if it's determined that a hysterectomy is the only option left.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register