Loss of orgasm since my hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Loss of orgasm since my hysterectomy Loss of orgasm since my hysterectomy

Unread 06-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Loss of orgasm since my hysterectomy

Hi,
I am a year post-op, and I miss the earthquakes too. I still have orgasms, but not as strong, and not as fast. I am wondering if some day when I am allowed to take HRT they will get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2020, 05:25 PM
Re: Loss of orgasm since my hysterectomy

I noticed that my clitoris is much smaller than it was before. I am on the Vivelle Dot (which is now going to be out of stock for an undetermined time from the manufacture) I am hoping the new patch will work as well. All that to say that when I used the testostrone creme and pllied it to my clitoris and around the labia it made a very big difference. I stopped using it because of the cost but I might go back as it was very nice to have a strong orgasm nearly immediately after stimulation. I am thankful that mine are still very strong but it takes longer to get there. I never had vaginal orgasms so I am glad I don't know what I am missing as far as that goes. ;_)
Unread 12-30-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna123 View Post
I am 2 years post TAH (cervix removed under pressure as was a borderline ovarian tumour). I am devastated that I can't orgasm as before and I am deeply hurt that my consultant did not explain that I would never have the same orgasm again... he said I didn't need my womb or cervix...I can get clitorally stimulated, the feeling builds up, but just fizzles out to nothing... I no longer get the deep 'contractions' inside that I used to. I can't understand why this is not being explained to women, as has come as a big shock to me now and am having difficulty coming to terms with it :-(

I am 2 1/2 years out and I could not agree with you more! It has just been in the last month that I have researched the additional function of the cervix and uterus, other than being a womb. I feel robbed!! This was never explained to me. I would have never have gotten the hysterectomy. I would have asked for them just to remove the fibroids off my uterus. I would not be as upset if it were just me, but my DH can feel an immense difference, and it is not appealing.
Unread 02-12-2021, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshumate View Post
I had a total hysterectomy on 10/31/2005. I recently started having sex again. My sex drive is just fine, probably better than it ever was before! My problem is that even though I reach the peak and feel as if I am having an orgasm, there is no evidence of having one. Is this normal after having a hysterectomy? Is there something that I can do to fix this problem? I am afraid that I am going to lose my "new" friend again. I have started seeing my high school sweetheart and he is thinking that I am not satisfied with him. Please help me with this matter. I don't think that I can go through losing him again, and I want him to know that I do enjoy being with him.
I'm exactly the same and it's so frustrating, feels good but just doesn't get there.
Unread 12-22-2021, 08:32 AM

Hello Ladies,
I am in the same boat. 42 years old, 5 year post op ovarian cancer. I did not experience loss of libido at all but the orgasm are definitely focused on the clitoral and with the years they are less intense. It sad but I found that what helps me a lot is cannabis. It helps with the arousal, and the fantasy. It makes me mor sensitive. It does not have to be a lot to be enjoyed.
One does have to get more creative!
Unread 02-28-2022, 06:58 AM

It is painful to read so many similar stories. My surgeon highly recommended I remove my cervix to eliminate "micro-periods" and any chance of cervical cancer. She also said "no one leaves the cervix" when performing hysterectomies. It breaks my heart to now know this is not the case, and to realize how profoundly it has impacted me.

I have the same partner as before my surgery. I no longer feel him inside me, and my orgasms are only on my clitoris- whereas before it was like a wave crashing on my whole body. It can hurt me to see him have that feeling when I don't- which makes me feel incredibly selfish. But it really is a reminder of what I am missing and further ruins intimacy for me.

There was no other reason for me to have my cervix removed. I feel extremely let down by my doctor, who is supposed to be one of the best. She dismisses my concerns and tells me to "relax".

I am so sorry all of you are going through similar experiences. Is there truly nothing we can do? I am trying to accept and move on, but finding it extremely difficult.
Unread 03-12-2022, 05:59 AM

I understand so well.You said you had one of the best doctors and she says to relax.My goodness,
we don't know what is going to happen to us in these situations , are told you will be healed in 6 weeks.I am still going through problems and my surgery was 19 years ago.It was a nightmare and
I was told I would be a new woman.I'll say.I have not had a partner or sex since.I understand how you feel.I had to accept that I can not have intercourse, which present many issues and concerns for all kinds of health reasons.That not an option, it takes the possibility away to have a beautiful, loving relationship, cancels the marriage option.That is a complete life changer.So I had to learn to hope maybe someday Ill get the correct health answers and do right now the best I can being, single and taking care of my family.Its a huge loss, but I am appreciating life itself, and accepting that there has been great loss but all is not loss.So find every thing you can on creating a very healthy diet, exercise, vitamin regime and take extreme care of yourself. You will be surprised at how much that will help you with the loss of things not the same.Blessings
Unread 10-14-2022, 02:34 PM
Unhappy - Loss of orgasm since my hysterectomy Re: Loss of orgasm since my hysterectomy

Just past the sixth month mark and was coming on here hoping for an ounce of hope, because I'm worried about my marriage. DH has been incredibly understanding and supportive of me through years of menstrual issues and difficult pregnancies, but my lack of orgasm is hitting him hard.
While I'm trying to come to terms with the loss, DH seems to think it's his challenge to solve. He feels like if he just tries harder, it'll be better, but in the meantime, my lack of orgasm has him feeling unappreciated -- even though I am vocal about how good it feels even without the big O. I mean, at least I'm still interested and it's not painful! He's always been big on feedback (had a hypercritical father) and I'm afraid he's going to start looking for validation elsewhere.
We've very open with our feelings and he recently mentioned that he's started fantasizing about other women -- which I frankly think is quite normal and had assumed that he already did, but the fact that he was concerned enough to mention it, has me concerned too. I don't want to start 'faking' because I think that will undermine our relationship more.
A couple of you have mentioned topical creams -- are any of them OTC? Do they cause any lingering side effects (UTI, yeast, etc)? With my laundry list of health issues I'm always reluctant to add anything new to the mix, but my marital health is right behind my family's health at the top of the list of priorities.
Unread 11-13-2022, 05:05 PM

I am so glad to see this forum! no, not really glad but just so relieved that I'm not the only one. My TAH was 10 months ago and I have not been able to figure out why there was such a problem with reaching an orgasm. I had endometrial cancer (stage 4), hence the TAH. Then also had brachytherapy, and I thought that might have been the reason for the difficulty in having any kind of sex or reaching orgasm. I'm also interested in these possible creams--are they OTC? what advice do you give? Many thanks in advance!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register