TVH 3-17 Not nervous yet | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH 3-17 Not nervous yet TVH 3-17 Not nervous yet

Unread 03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
TVH 3-17 Not nervous yet

Maybe I'm the odd one out, I'm not sure. So far I'm not nervous about my surgery next week. Nervous about financial issues and getting back into shape, but thats it. I work out daily at the gym and am worried about gaining weight. Ready to have the surgery and be done with it. I have 2 cysts and a fibroid tumor the size of a grapefruit on my uterus and have know about them for almost a year and have refused to schedule surgery until recently. Decided best to schedule while still have a job and insurance, you never know in this economy..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
TVH 3-17 Not nervous yet

Hi, cbilquist, and

I wasn't at all nervous about my surgery, either, although I was nervous and anxious about other things (like pain, finances, returning to work, etc.). I think you're very smart to schedule the surgery for a time when you have the benefits. Doing the surgery on our own terms and in our own time can be empowering and take away some of the anxiety about the whole thing.

If you have any specific questions about the surgery, you've found the right place to ask them. I had a TVH also, and everything went as planned. I'm glad you found us.

Unread 03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
TVH 3-17 Not nervous yet

Best of luck to you!

I was slightly nervous about the surgery, but I researched the questions I had, and then I was good with it. I was comfortable with my decision and really like my surgeon a lot. I went in confident and feeling positive.

I am now three days post-op and am doing very well. I wish you all the best and hope you can remain calm and feeling ready. I truly believe it helped me feel as good as I do this soon after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
TVH 3-17 Not nervous yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilquist
Maybe I'm the odd one out, I'm not sure. So far I'm not nervous about my surgery next week. Nervous about financial issues and getting back into shape, but thats it. I work out daily at the gym and am worried about gaining weight. Ready to have the surgery and be done with it. I have 2 cysts and a fibroid tumor the size of a grapefruit on my uterus and have know about them for almost a year and have refused to schedule surgery until recently. Decided best to schedule while still have a job and insurance, you never know in this economy..
You're not that odd. LOL I never had that nervous/scared feeling either. If there was anything that I was anixous about it would probably have been what would I experience right after surgery, but the surgery itself, I never had a moments panic over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register