2wks 8days and counting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2wks 8days and counting 2wks 8days and counting

Unread 06-19-2010, 05:35 PM
2wks 8days and counting

hey girls as I am getting closer to my big day I find myself counting down like a kids and Its close to christmas I am so ready to get rid of all this bleeding and pain. Whats funny is on min I find myself stressing out about it and then the next day I find myself happy about it has anybody else felt that way. This morning me and my family went to the zoo it was a company trip for my aunts job and I had to take a bag of super pads and a bag of super tapons I cant carry a cute purse I have to put these in my diaper bag. I couldnt enjoy the zoo or see many exibits for that matter because I was always in the bathroom my daughter even made a comment like u shouldve stayed home mommy because u cant be having any fun and she is only 7 I couldnt go far from the bathroom and I was constantly worried about my clothes i didnt get any good pictures of my kids I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!! PLZ LADIES IF U ARE GOING THROUGHT WHAT PLZ POST WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT BECAUSE I AM AT MI WITS END WITH ALL OF THIS I AM HERE CRYING BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I AM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS BUT AT THE SAME TIME I KNOW IT HAS TO BE DONE SO I CAN HAVE A NORMAL LIFE. Well thanks for listening to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Re: 2wks 8days and counting

Hi hon just wanted to send you a hug. I know about missing out on things. I almost missed my daughters kindergarten graduation due to doctors appt the other day. I did miss a BBQ today that my little one had with her soccer team. Sometimes we just have to take it easy and remember it will all be over soon. I keep telling myself that lately! I can make you smile I think though. My husband went over to the store today for last minute things for the hospital, well he got everything I asked for but the funny thing that gets me is what was the lady thinking when he brought all this stuff up to the register lol. He got me the granny panties, BIG box of Gas X, Chocolate and snacks for the hospital room. Not funny things but could you hear the lady as he is walking out. YUP that boy is not getting anything tonight ha ha

((HUGS))
Unread 06-19-2010, 07:17 PM

Oh Yes, I definitely remember that whole roller coaster!
When my surgeon suggested the Hyst. in Jan I asked, "what are you doing tomorrow?!?" and drove home singing, "Ding, Dong the __itch is dead...!" So happy. February I was immersed in chick flicks and tissues crying my eyeballs out (until my cycle hit again!) March was no problem. Easter was impossible - I was the biggest Easter Grinch you could've seen! and so on and so on... up until two nights before the surgery I was crying on my pillow thinking I was completely nuts for doing this. Fortunately the next day brought a really great Pre-op appt with my surgeon and I was rarin' to go again! I am now coming out on the other side and am soooo glad I did it! I am looking forward to having EVERY week of the month available to me rather than being only a percentage of what I know I am capable of for at least 2 of those weeks. I am looking forward to being able to live life to its fullest without having to try to explain to others that no, I'm not playing the PMS card, it really is *that* awful. I am looking forward to not being woken up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain and puking my guts out. I am looking forward to not having to worry about the awkward conversations with management about my repeated absences. I'm looking forward to enjoying my marriage! (and yes, I am relatively young...30...so REALLY didn't want to have to wait until mother nature brought me through menopause to finally get to that point!)
I KNOW this is a really tough decision....but for me and my heart...it has been such a joyful path of hope.

best to you!!!

ps...when you do get those supplies a "scratcher" is also a must! It has kept me sane and also doubled as a "reacher" for things that were just too far for me to twist/bend to reach. DH bought it for me in the hospital gift shop for $1.29....best gift EVER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2010, 08:27 PM

I am going through the same thing. I just found this site today and have found so much interesting stuff! I have mine the same day you do and I find myself having the same emotions and I too am so ready to have my life back!! Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register