I'm now a princess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm now a princess I'm now a princess

Unread 08-27-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm now a princess

Dear sisters,

I remember anxiously reading the pre-op site for information about others' surgery. I wanted to let you all know that I am home now, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

My surgery was delayed 2 hours because the woman ahead of me had alot of scar tissue. Once I got in, things went smoothly. I had had a suspicious cyst so a frozen section was sent to pathology (it came back benign). I have a longer incision than I expected but everyone says it looks fine. (I can only see it in the mirror because my belly is so swollen.)

I didn't throw up at all. I had asked anesthesiology to make sure I didn't, and they came through for me. I had some pain in the recovery room which they were soon able to control. My surgery was at 3 PM. I ate lunch the next day, took my own sponge bath, and walked around. I peed as soon as the foley catheter came out, took my meds by mouth, and ate well so I was able to come home 48 hours after surgery. (Had TH-BSO).

Follow the advice to have loose clothes and big undies. l coudn't have fit in my other clothes. The gas is rough. Gax-X in the hospital helped. Sleeping with lots of pillows is also a good idea.

Today I took my own shower, folded clothes, loaded glasses in the dishwasher, and walked in the yard with my dog. Also had my first poop- a little traumatic but it went fine. And I felt much better afterwards.

So for those of you who are waiting - it will go much better than you fear! I'm praying for you.

Love,
Debbi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2004, 07:41 PM
thanks for sharing

As I get closer to my date, the more I appreciate hearing from those who have gone before and had a "good" experience. Thanks for sharing and here's wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unread 08-30-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm now a princess

Thanks for posting!

I hunger for the positive posts about this procedure! As my date gets closer and closer, I need positive thoughts.

I'm glad your hospital experience was good, too. Lately I've been reading a few stories that aren't as complimentary to hospitals and their staffs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm now a princess

Glad your home and doing good. I am in my 2nd week. My surgery went real well. Still alittle swollen. Still havin to pee alot with alittle pressure. Call the Dr this morning and it is all normal. The hotflashes and night sweat are terrible. I go for my 2 weeks check up on the 7th of Sept. Take Care and glad your home and up about. Chea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register