Swollen and sore lady parts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen and sore lady parts Swollen and sore lady parts

Unread 02-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Swollen and sore lady parts

I had the Mirena put in 3 days ago and last night I started to feel my panty liner irritating the heck out of me. I looked at my outer "parts" with a mirror and they are swollen . I am wondering if the constant pad use has caused this irritation or the procedure itself . I don't have any discharge. Just s little swelling and burning on the skin outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Re: Swollen and sore lady parts

I didn't have any visible swelling or irritation when I had the Mirena inserted so you may be right that it's the result of constant pad use. Regardless of what caused it, I hope it resolves quickly!
Unread 02-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Thanks. I am so paranoid about getting an infection but I can't find these symptoms as a sign of infection. I'm sure it's just another weird thing my body is doing .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Were you on another type of hormonal birth control prior to getting the Mirena? If not, it could be the result of getting used to the hormones. I agree that it doesn't sound like they're symptoms of an infection but if it persists, you may want to ask your doctor to see if they have any suggestions. In the meantime, I know many highly recommend the use of ice packs or a bag frozen peas to help with similar swelling. Others swear by freezing their pads to offer relief from irritation and/or swelling.
Unread 02-05-2016, 07:21 PM

I was on provera before this . I will try the ice pack and wearing loose clothes . I am probably overly sensitive to my body right now and hopefully it will pass in a few days. I will call the doctor if it doesn't get better in a few days. Trying to be cautious but not paranoid! Lol!
Unread 02-05-2016, 07:30 PM

It's certainly a fine line between being cautious and paranoid. I know it very well myself! But in the end, you know your body best and it's always better to err on the side of caution.
Unread 02-05-2016, 07:43 PM

I agree! I talked to my sister and she said that pads always gave her horrible skin irritation. But, I won't ignore any worsening symptoms. thanks for responding. I so badly want this IUD to work and I am anxious that it won't or I will get a complication. I'm being a real worrier !
Lorene
I just read possible side effects of Mirena and it says genital itching.
Unread 02-06-2016, 05:54 PM

Irritation is much better today. It seems to have been my pads. I'm pad less today and feel much better.
Unread 02-06-2016, 06:47 PM

I'm glad to hear that the irritation is improved and that you were right in thinking it was the result of the pads! I hate pads--I can't wait to get rid of them forever as soon as I'm confident that I'm beyond post-op spotting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register