Any experience with being on the pill up until surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any experience with being on the pill up until surgery? Any experience with being on the pill up until surgery?

Unread 11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Any experience with being on the pill up until surgery?

Hi everyone
I was feeling really low, but visiting the site again made me relax. Thank you so much everyone for your wise and positive messages. It really helps a lot. And I do recognize the heart beating and dry mouth sensation every time I think about surgery. So even though I can't wait to have it done, I am awfully scared. Helped a lot to read that others feel the way I do.

The reason I was feeling low was because I have started bleeding again even though my gynecologist had put me on the pille until surgery to stop the bleeding. I have had a marvelous week with no bleeding, and now this again! Somehow it just turned my world over again.
Surgery is not scheduled, have an appointment november 15th to be looked at by - and talk to - the hospital surgeon. Hope the waiting list wont be too long, because I am really, really vulnerable right now.

I am a bit worried, though, that there may be a problem with undergoing surgery while being on the pill. Have any of you any experiences in that area? Will they do it?

Love
Toli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 02:46 PM

Hi. I was on the pill up until my surgery to control bleeding from my fibroids. I took my last pill the day of my surgery. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. It does not matter if you are on the pill or not. You can be bleeding on the day of your surgery too. You are going to be just fine.
Hope this helps you.
Unread 11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Dear Buddy

That helped a lot, thank you. I t helped me relax. You see no one I have heard of have that experience.
Love
Toli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 03:10 PM

I took my pill up til the day before also. My doctor wanted me to because I bled so heavily that I would become anemic without them. I wa actually on 2 BC pills a day until my surgery and it caused no problems.
Good luck with everything!!!
Unread 11-07-2005, 05:16 PM

I also took the pill up until I had surgery. I was on them to control bleeding. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good Luck!!!
Unread 11-09-2005, 12:58 AM

I took my pill until the day before my surgery too. In fact I even had a little "last pill ceremony" with my husband to mark the occasion, as I had been on the pill for over 25 years. I still have that half full last pack of pills and I AM going to have it bronzed with a end date to mark the date that I took my last ever pill and will frame the thing and proudly hang it on my wall.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register