Horrible Breast pain 3 years after Hysterectomy (2011) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible Breast pain 3 years after Hysterectomy (2011) Horrible Breast pain 3 years after Hysterectomy (2011)

Unread 06-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Horrible Breast pain 3 years after Hysterectomy (2011)

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago. The doctor took everything but left the ovaries. He said he did this because he didn't want to force my body into menopause if he didn't have to. For the last 2 to three months my breasts have hurt so badly that I can't stand it! It is the type soreness I had in my breasts when I was pregnant. I can't stand for anything to touch them including my bra, and when I do finally take my bra off before going to bed, the pain in unbelievably BAD!! What could be the reason for this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Re: Horrible Breast pain 3 years after Hysterectomy

Hi, sorry you are experiencing that!

It sounds hormonal to me and I see that you kept your ovaries. I don't know how old you are, but perhaps you are reaching a time where your ovaries are less regulated on how much hormone they are producing? Maybe you are experiencing peri-menopause? I think the ovaries get a little crazy before they stop producing estrogen.

Of course, please see your doctor if you feel that it is something more serious than that.
Unread 06-30-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubeejewls View Post
I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago. The doctor took everything but left the ovaries. He said he did this because he didn't want to force my body into menopause if he didn't have to. For the last 2 to three months my breasts have hurt so badly that I can't stand it! It is the type soreness I had in my breasts when I was pregnant. I can't stand for anything to touch them including my bra, and when I do finally take my bra off before going to bed, the pain in unbelievably BAD!! What could be the reason for this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all!

Since these symptoms are new for you it might be best to check in with your Dr. Since my 30's I have had fibrocystic breasts which cause some tenderness. This condition is related to hormonal changes and is common. My breast tissue is dense so along with mammograms I have breast ultrasounds done. I hope you get some relief soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2014, 07:57 AM

Hi I'm new here in HysterSisters and I also having on and off breast pain. I was post op last feb this year and no hormone replacement for 2 months. But since I noticed the pain I took 1 black cohosh and 3 evening primrose. But still it's pain on and off. I will see the result of my blood test next month and waiting to sched for mammo. Hope you will feel better.
Unread 09-09-2014, 03:10 AM

Hi, sorry for your problem - hope it improves.
But it makes me more concerned as it is just 1year since my TAH - everything including ovaries - and over the time my breasts have had intermittent tingling and , sensitiveness,swelling and in the last two months they are getting very irritating with increasing discomfort. It feels just like when I was pregnant and breast feeding.

I don't know whether there is any connection but the GYN had me use an estriol cream prior to surgery, vaginally and that sent me crazy, I had to cease its use. Now this.
My problem and confusion lies in the fact that this was at age 72 years and I should have long since ceased producing hormones - or am I wrong on this issue. It is almost impossible to get info on hysterectomy issues at this age - way past memopause.

Anyone any ideas.
Dino71
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:51 AM

Hi Dino , sorry about what you feel right now. Maybe it's hormones problem as you said that its already a year of TAH. Maybe you need to change anything you take if you are taking any for your hormone.
I switched to C24/7 by natures way if you know abot that supplement. I feel good now and the pain in my left breast went away . I do not have night sweat too and I feel good.
Now I'm waiting for my biopsy result as from my mammogram and ultrasound it shows a lump on my left breast and its a soft one that's why I didnot even know that there's a lump.
Anyway aside from C24/7 supp. I also drinking wheat grass juice in the morning. And I felt strong and active.
Hope it will help you.
WBR,
Charriee
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:56 AM

Dino,
And my hot flashes was gone as well.
Unread 09-16-2014, 09:44 AM

Agree with the others that it could be hormonal and you might want to have it checked out. Another thought: have you started to drink caffeinated beverages lately or increased your intake of them? When I was much younger and started drinking coffee, I think it triggered a breast fibroid. I have had painful fibrocystic breasts for much of my life and didn't find out until much later that caffeine made it worse. And vitamin E seemed to help it. Finally with menopause it's pretty much stopped. Hope you find some relief soon, no fun.
Unread 09-17-2014, 06:17 AM

I have been on Minivelle patches since my surgery and the doctor had me try taking dim avail. it has helped me so much. It gets rid of the bad estrogene.
Unread 09-19-2014, 07:26 AM

I had my TAH 3 years ago August and I get occasional breast pain as well and it hurts a lot. I think its a hormonal thing. I always had breast cysts all my life and I am on hormone replacement therapy. Sometimes I have no pain at all but sometimes they do hurt, it has to be something hormonal. But always have a mammogram anyhow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register