Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 12, 2020 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 12, 2020 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 12, 2020

Unread 07-12-2020, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 12, 2020

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2020, 04:09 AM

Well let's see I'm 31 and though overweight I'm pretty active. Reason for hysterectomy is post ablation tubal ligation syndrome which is fancy way of saying I hurt pretty bad, cyclic, and opioid pain meds dont even help. Ablation and tubal was worst pain of my life and that's saying alot because I have high pain tolerance usually. I'm extremely nervous for this surgery mainly from pain aspect. Keeping my ovaries but as I was on fertility meds off and on for years I'm also a little nervous bout hormone changes. Still no kids. I'm praying hard this goes well. This site has been a huge help already and I'm looking forward to meeting my same week sisters.
Unread 07-12-2020, 07:14 AM

Hi-
I don’t quite know how to use this so hopefully this is the place for my introduction. I’m 42 and am having my hysterectomy on Tuesday. I have fibroids and adenomyosis. I’ve been on multiple bouts of hormones (even now combo of Mirena and Nuvaring). Nothing works and the hormones make me crazy.
I do have a question, cause I think I have an ear infection and am not sure what to do. Just had my Covid test so not supposed to leave the house. No fever just headache and ear ache. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJN12 View Post
Hi-
I don’t quite know how to use this so hopefully this is the place for my introduction. I’m 42 and am having my hysterectomy on Tuesday. I have fibroids and adenomyosis. I’ve been on multiple bouts of hormones (even now combo of Mirena and Nuvaring). Nothing works and the hormones make me crazy.
I do have a question, cause I think I have an ear infection and am not sure what to do. Just had my Covid test so not supposed to leave the house. No fever just headache and ear ache. Any suggestions?
I'm not medical in any way but I do know they usually give an antibiotic iv before surgery to prevent infection. Maybe you could get through til then by just putting a hot towel on it. If not they are also offering video appts at a lot of places you could call your surgeon and see if he/she could prescribe something now. Someone would have to pick up your script and drop at your door but it's better than nothing. So sorry your dealing with that right before surgery. I hate ear infections they are miserable. Keep us updated! Sending love
Unread 07-12-2020, 10:13 AM

Hi everyone, I am 32 having surgery on Thursday. I have a history of PCOS and lots of bleeding issues. I had my daughter in December and have been bleeding since. I have had the Mirena and been on estrogen tablets for a month straight with no relief. I am super nervous about this surgery and keep going back and forth on if it is the right thing. I had to have a D&C for bleeding before I got pregnant and my GYN says that this is pretty much the only other option.

I am really worried that this will effect my sex life or cause further issues such as weight gain. I have struggled with my PCOS and weight gain for years.

Any words of encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 07-12-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niknak333 View Post
I'm not medical in any way but I do know they usually give an antibiotic iv before surgery to prevent infection. Maybe you could get through til then by just putting a hot towel on it. If not they are also offering video appts at a lot of places you could call your surgeon and see if he/she could prescribe something now. Someone would have to pick up your script and drop at your door but it's better than nothing. So sorry your dealing with that right before surgery. I hate ear infections they are miserable. Keep us updated! Sending love
Thank you for the encouragement. I think I’ll stick it out, maybe call the doc tomorrow. Tylenol is helping.
Unread 07-12-2020, 12:17 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 12, 2020

Hello Sisters- I am 33 and I am having surgery this Thursday. I’ve had a turbulent relationship with my womb for as long as I can remember but developed PCOS in my early twenties and now have two large fibroids that are creating a variety of issues (bladder pressure, compressed nerve in vagina, and of course bleeding like its my job). I don’t have children but that was the never in the plans, and I am focusing on the boons that will be on the other side of this!

Since May I have been on a pre-op health plan and I am in the best shape mind body and spirit and that is helping ground me through the nerves of the unknown! This site has been invaluable and I am so grateful to be connected with others going through this at the same time
Unread 07-12-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niknak333 View Post
Well let's see I'm 31 and though overweight I'm pretty active. Reason for hysterectomy is post ablation tubal ligation syndrome which is fancy way of saying I hurt pretty bad, cyclic, and opioid pain meds dont even help. Ablation and tubal was worst pain of my life and that's saying alot because I have high pain tolerance usually. I'm extremely nervous for this surgery mainly from pain aspect. Keeping my ovaries but as I was on fertility meds off and on for years I'm also a little nervous bout hormone changes. Still no kids. I'm praying hard this goes well. This site has been a huge help already and I'm looking forward to meeting my same week sisters.
Nice to “meet” you.
Unread 07-12-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjo1213 View Post
Hi everyone, I am 32 having surgery on Thursday. I have a history of PCOS and lots of bleeding issues. I had my daughter in December and have been bleeding since. I have had the Mirena and been on estrogen tablets for a month straight with no relief. I am super nervous about this surgery and keep going back and forth on if it is the right thing. I had to have a D&C for bleeding before I got pregnant and my GYN says that this is pretty much the only other option.

I am really worried that this will effect my sex life or cause further issues such as weight gain. I have struggled with my PCOS and weight gain for years.

I will going into surgery on the 16th, too! It is really nice to know that we aren’t really in this alone in this experience
Unread 07-12-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjo1213 View Post

Fellow pcos sis here. Weight gain and and sex life are a concern for me too. I wish I could offer more encouragement. Just know your not alone.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register