Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 11:34 AM

Back home from the castle. All went well, surgery took a little longer because of adhesions and endo all in the pelvic cavity but still was able to do the LSCH and removal of remaining ovary. Doing well considering. Did start the hot flashes already but unable to start the estrogen as first planned. I will update more later.

Terri
Unread 03-15-2007, 09:06 AM

I'm home as well. Everything went as planned - LSH, no complications. Spent the night at the hospital and released wednesday am. Sore and stiff but doing OK with pain. Relaxing like a good girl. Will update as time goes on. Happy healing to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 09:16 AM

Home from hospital yesteray. Recovering well from TAH/BSO. Found both ovaries full of endo, an severe endo cyst that did not show up on CT scan and adenymyosis. Everything was BAD! Started Vivelle Dot...no hot flashes, no loss of libido, not feeling bad that way at all. Just sore from surgery.

Is anyone else overweight and on Vivelle Dot. . .does it fall off the abd?

That's all from here!
Unread 03-15-2007, 11:26 AM

Home from surgery. Had a TVH and did pretty well. I do feel like I have been hit by a truck and my tummy can't seem to get rid of the gas but otherwise doing ok.

Michelle
Unread 03-15-2007, 05:03 PM

shell74 - know what you mean, I think I ran in to a small mack truck somewhere this week. My LSH went smoothly Tuesday morning. I find that sitting sround it is hard to get the gas out. Getting up frequently to walk around really lets the gas come out without "straining" to get it out. I've had a little shoulder ache today which I've heard other ladies say it is the CO2 gas traveling upwards. Walking helps that as well.
Unread 03-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Home too and climbing walls

Hi There, I'm home too from the castle. Thankfully they did the surgery despite my minor cold. Had trouble (as usual) getting the IV started (took 4 tries & head anesthesia guy to get it), but otherwise, no problems. Surgery was apparently only 35 min. long according to DH. Doc on postop visit commented it went fast too. Said my ovaries kept popping out even though she was trying to keep them in. Tried new techniques out to speed things up. I suspect she kept it short because of all my previous heart surgeries and wanted to keep anesthesia time to minimum.

Anyway, stayed overnight and came home late afternoon on Wed. Doing very well although already climbing walls when my codiene is in full effect. Taking it easy though. Being made to by DH. He kicked me back upstairs after he discovered me downstairs this am. Sweet man.

Just on for short (well figuratively) note and to post a question in general post-op threads. Hurts too much to sit at this computer.

Hope all of us have a speedy and smooth recovery!
Unread 03-15-2007, 10:48 PM

I back from my surgery on Monday 3/12/07. Weird my stomach is black and blue I am sore. But guess this is normal?

Thanks
Unread 03-16-2007, 06:47 AM

Hello sisters - I too made it back home. Surgery went exactly as planned, with no further anything found inside (YAY!). Monday was tough, but Tuesday was much better, and I was home Wednesday. My mom showed up later that day to help out for a few days, and I think I overdid it on Wednesday, just from the excitement of being home and all. But yesterday I took it easy and finally got everything "moving" again!

I'm looking forward to posting more and reading about all of your experiences in the days ahead.

In the meantime, rest well and as my doctor says, be good!
Unread 03-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Over and out yesterday AM

Hi all,
TAH/BSO is now a memory. The surgery was quite difficult (3+hours), and they pulled a hard, softball-sized mass out, plus all the tissue that was glueing everything together. The best news was that all the pathology was normal. The mass was a monster ball of pus, fairly self contained, but previous surgeries and infection had left a nasty patchwork situation behind. I was off narcotics within 36 hours (morphine doesn't work for me and makes me vomit: tough on an empty stomach), and I adhered to all the recommendations about getting up and walking as soon and as much as I could. As soon as they let me eat somewhat real food, I had a bowel movement 8 hours later! And no constipation from the narcotics. Sure, the stool is loose and a lovely bile color, just like a newborn's, but hey, a win is a win. I came home yesterday morning with a prescription for Motrin, Estradiol patches and a major appetite. So far, some staple itching and normal gas pains and plenty of bowel movements. I cannot stress enough how walking helped facilitate a very swift hospital exit, given how challenging the procedure was, and restoration of normal functions. The first move out of the bed was horrifying, but it gets better, believe me. It's been tough to stay still since I've been home, but my sister (an MD) is here for a few days to watch over me and make sure I stick to the recovery guidelines. What a pleasure to shower in my own bathroom and sleep in my own bed. And what sleep it is after the hospital wake up calls every hour, and constant din of alarm bells going off. Hang in there, ladies, and best to you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register