Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

Unread 03-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 05-Mar 12,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 05-Mar 12,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm Home

Hi,
I had a very uneventful stay at the castle. Today is March 7th and I am home now. Of course all the worrying and fretting I did before hand was for nothing. I feel sore.. otherwise very good.
Unread 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM

I am home also. I got to leave in two days. The first day was hard for me, no pain but I could not sleep with the narotics! After going to Motrin, I was much better. I then slept for 24 hours.

Got to eat today for the first time in over 3 days.

All in all I feel good but tired. Glad it is all over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
welcome home

Hello all. I am home and feeling fine. It's a little hard to focus my eyes very long, after being groggy...surgery was the 6th came home 7th and today trying to get up a little. Should I take the tape and cotton off the belly button? They sent me home with the patch how bout you all? Would love to hear from someone.
Unread 03-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the advice. I did not get a patch and will go into surgical menopause soon. I am going cold turkey and see how it goes. If I have problems, I will go on something.

Connie
Unread 03-08-2007, 01:22 PM
same here

Hi,
I did not go home on any hormones either. My doctor said it was more of a let's see how it goes basis. If I need something at some point We will start, but not until then. So far, so good. I am diefinitely hoping I won't need any.. but If I do.. so be it.
Unread 03-09-2007, 05:31 AM

Good morning,

Went in on Mar 5th for vag hyster (kept ovaries) and an a & p repair. All went well. I stayed until the 7th, due to a massive headache and some nausea. Had my first 'poopie' today ~ quite proud of myself. I have been taking motrin for discomfort ~ can't say that I have had any pain.

Will check in again to see how all are doing ~

Enjoy the day,

ink
Unread 03-09-2007, 09:44 AM

I'm home and doing good. I just posted on pre-op so all the LIW can find out what to expect...and things that helped.
I am shocked some of you do not need strong meds. Good for you!
I am on a cocktail of 2 narcotics for pain and stayed and extra night/day due to it. I had severe adhesions they didn't expect that had my uterus totally attached to my abdominal muscles. I also had a mass from deep right outer labia removed/they initially thought was a barth/cyst but now it's at pathology~awaiting results.
I have lots of drainage too...guess I had a pretty involved surgery that was to be 45 minutes/really lasted 2 hours.
Doing well with pain meds as long as I stay on top of them!!
Would love to do more but strict bedrest/walking and nothing else until a week from now! UGH~slower recovery than I had hoped but very excited about the end result!!
Unread 03-09-2007, 10:24 AM

Had surg. on the 5th as well, home on the 7th. Doing the motrin thing too. Came home with Cenestin (estrogen) -- am wondering what others are taking and how it is helping or not. Began taking it today. - Doctor recommending taking it do to my age (39) at least for a while. Anxious to see how others turn out.
Unread 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Summerstar, sorry to hear you had a more involved surgery. Hope you recover quickly!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register