Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Unread 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 26-Mar 05,2007

Hi Elares,

I do feel for you...it must have been a great shock...my thoughts are with you. Please feel free to have a chat with me anytime.

Take care my friend.

Thinking of you.

Angelika
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 02:49 PM

Ellen54 - I'm with you on the fuzzy brain. I'm going back to work soon, and have nightmares i'm going to stand up and forget what I'm supposed to be teaching with my current state of remembering things!

Is anybody else experiencing "different" pains now that they are in the 3 week mark. I started having all kinds of wierd burning and sharp pains today. I don't think I've overdone it, but I just hadn't had much pain for awhile except for some mild cramping. This new pain kinda took me off guard.

Hope everyone is having a great day (and still getting lots of rest)
Unread 03-22-2007, 02:57 PM

hi teacher 30
i am in my 3rd week too. last week i felt cramps, like i was getting my period. it went away but yesterday i was worried because i had sharp pains in the pelvic area. but it was just gas. it can really trick you. i took ellen54 advise and had some shredded wheat for dinner last night. it really helped me today.
all the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 04:17 PM

hello to all my new friends
I too had those terrible cramp like feelings this past week and now they seem to be gone and those pulling,stinging pains come and go. I think it must be the muscles reconnecting and trying to heal. I too am in my 3rd week of recovery and have dealt with some different pains off and on. I have learned what I can and can not do. I have limited my walking with more breaks in between. It is all a trial and error. Its too bad we don't have a crystal ball that will tell us what will lead to those awful pains.
I have also found a new way to get comfortable on my couch. I had a pregnancy pillow that is like a body pillow that is shaped like a large "C." It helps support my sides and my back and helps me stay propped up more.
I also have to tell you what a wonderful hubby I have. He has taken on all the duties of my job as CEO of the household. He has been doing laundry (except folding that is my little job),cooking, bathing children, running errands and all around great supporter. I need to do something for him but without the ability to drive I need a great idea. Any help? I thought about dedicating a song to him on the radio station he listens to. He is GREAT!!!
My kids are too! My oldest daughters are quick to remind me when not to lift my 14 month old and help me get things instead of getting up and down so much. The best is the hug from my 3 year old who tells me all the time, "I love you too, mommy!" It is a wonderful healer.
Best to all on their healing.
Talk soon
Jen
Unread 03-22-2007, 04:24 PM

jetams, that's a wonderful idea to dedicate a song on the radio station. I've been blessed too with wonderful DH...I see him in a whole new light now, he as been so great through all of this. We had "issues" before, but they are all meaningless now. They say that something good can come from everything, and I'd say that is true. I see myself and the others around me in such a more positive light now knowing just how much they care.

Guess just have to be patient will all these pains. Still lots of healing going on!
Unread 03-22-2007, 05:16 PM

teacher30, this has definitely been a challenge for everyone here at my home. One day at a time is all we can do. I think we learn new things about each other everyday and acquire a new respect for what the other person does.
Keep resting and relaxing.
I am going to have my husband get one of those little tables that slide under the couch and over your lap so I can do scrapbooking.
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:49 PM

hang in thereyou all as the pain doesn't last as long as you think. plus the after affects of felling better from what caused the problems in the first place are amazing. my insides were a mess but now no pain and no bleeding!!! wowoowowowo.

love it , bogey
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:27 PM

I've been feeling a little emotional lately. My friend came over to bring me dinner & I just started crying like a baby. I don't know if I was so happy to have company (instead of talking to my cats--I feel like I'm turning into the crazy cat lady) or if it was just the hormones talking.
Thanks for the info on the cool wash cloth. I'm gong to try that. Although, with the weather turning nicer we slept with the window open last night & boy did that feel good. My poor hubby about froze to death but I felt just peachy! LOL
Have A Wonderful Day With Your Families & Stay Healthy!
Chris at the Zoo
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM

I have to say that catching up with the posts here is a special time of the day for me. It's so comforting.

zucru4- I can relate to the emotions thing. I thought I had left that behind in week 2 but this week I am feeling a bit down at times-I think some has to do with the isolation at home. I'm used to being around a zillion people at work. Also-all the visits and calls from the inital 2 weeks have stopped-it's kind of up to me now to call and connect with friends and most of the time I just don't feel like it. When my DH gets home at night from work, he is pooped and tired from talking to students all day so he kind of does his thing to recover from his work day-we end up in our own spots in the house through most of the evening.I am making myself do some connecting each day whether I feel like it or not. Also getting out walking daily around the neighborhood-feels good to chat with my dear neighbors. I am resisting the urge to stop into work (as the checkpoints suggested not doing) because I have been getting some suntan reading on the porch and don't look as pale and icky as I did the first week or so and don't want everyone to think I should be back to work now when I still have 2 weeks more off.

teacher30- the fuzzy brain is getting better but it definitely still is there. Sleeping is still disrupted-my latest nightmares now are all work related-usually with some disaster or screw up happening. It is amazing that no matter how experienced I am and competent at my job, that my confidence can be shaken by some time off from work but I find that it is at times..
I'm sure the first few days back at work are going to be a transition both physically and emotionally. We will just have to lift our heads, take deep breaths and walk forward thru those inital days. I will plan to be think of my other sisters also walking the same path and know that it will be ok and that I'm not alone. I'm sure we will be able to fake it when we have a "blank brain" moment! We'll be the only ones that know what it is!

Take Care sisters!
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:01 AM

Hi there,

Glad to hear everyone is doing better. I am getting "nervous" about returning the my job, I feel like the person who replaced me may be doing a better job at it than me - although it's just me being "paranoid" about not working. This is the first time in 20 some yrs that I've been off for more then a week. I really have no pain anymore. I feel really good. My body tells me when I've done too much. Vacumming the rugs seem to get me the next day - a little cramping and just tired-ness. Other than that - I'm pretty much doing everything. Somedays I just am not motivated as others. Today is a raining day so believe it or not - I'm still in my pj's and it's Noon. Everyday I say I'm going to go back on the "diet" and begin walking - but I'm still going to the fridge and eating the wrong things. I promised myself to start this Monday. Have to get back into my work clothes by the end of April.
I thank God for this website, really got me thru a hard time. It's so nice to know there are other women out there who are going thru the same thing at the same time. Thank you to all who continue to post.

Good Luck to you
Take Care,
Joanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register