Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 13-Apr 19,2009 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 13-Apr 19,2009 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 13-Apr 19,2009

Unread 04-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 13-Apr 19,2009

If your hysterectomy was between Apr 13-Apr 19,2009 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.***
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

***If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns! There's information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 13-Apr 19,2009

I had my TVH (no lap) today. My DH brought my laptop (I am using it on the hospital tray.
I am going to write about it when I am not on medicine, but everything went well. The anesthesia did NOT make me sick because I (thanks to all of you ) made sure they put anti nausea meds in the IV. I am still on the IV but walked around the room twice and passed gas after that. Yes, I am proud of that like everyone else!! There was only a tiny bit of bleeding.
I want to thank everyone for the helpful posts and articles. I was totally prepared and am very comfortable and positive right now.

Thanks again.

Princess Cheryl
Unread 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM

Alrighty, ladies...I had my TAH/BSO yesterday, April 13th. It wasn't all that bad until I started using the pain pump. The darn dilaudid (sp?) made me so nauseated that I would go 2 hours without getting any pain meds...just to avoid the queasiness. FINALLY, this morning my ob/gyn came in and put new drugs on the list (demerol, pepcid, reglan, phenergan, & something else). I felt like a new woman before 8am! I was supposed to stay in the hospital for at LEAST 2 days, but got out this evening instead.

I had a mini-tummy tuck with my TAH (my plastic surgeon accompanied my ob/gyn), so I got to go home with an accufuser pain pump. It doesn't do much for the pain inside...but the incisions doesn't hurt at all. Yeah, I'm still walking around all hunched over--hubby even got my walker out to use around the house.

No BM yet, but LOTS of peeing, that's for sure. I will start HRT this week, too. I have been a little emotional here and there...but we have a lot of other stressful things going on in our lives right now.

Anyway, I think I may have done a little too much this afternoon...as usual! We'll see tomorrow. My mom is staying with us (thank goodness) until Thursday evening or Friday night. She is helping with getting our daughter to and from school, as well as helping out with our special needs dog. I feel blessed to have such a support network. I think the one thing that has prepared for this surgery is the fact that I have already had a FTT/MR in the past...and this actually feels quite similar.

Can't wait to hear from the other princesses on here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2009, 09:28 PM

So glad to be in my bed! Had my TAH/BSO (kept cervix) on monday the 13th. I had to do an extensive bowel prep on Easter Sunday. Only clear liquids all day and tons of pre-op med so when I got to the hospital at 5am I felt hungover. LOL

I was so scared. I chickened out last year, I had a date scheduled for jan 2008...but just couldn't put it off any longer. My issues weren't with heavy bleeding or cramps, they were with endo and fibroids that for some reason put pressure on my back making it impossible to stand for very long.

The procedure was only supposed to take 1 1/2 hours but unded up almost 4 because of so many adhesions. I was in a lot of pain for the first 48 hours but then after I started walking and making myself eat and drink...I began to feel better. Fiber One bars, prunes and apples worked for me. Had BM. And I took the advice of someone on the boards and put my bed flat and one at a time raised my knees to my chest. I took it slow though.

Biggest thing....the waiting is so hard and so is the first 48 hours, but I hope the worst is behind me. I'm in my own bed now and plan on taking it easy for a couple of weeks.

If it weren't for this site, I don't think it would have gone as well as it did. I knew a lot of what to expect and was prepared for just about everything.
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Re: Anyone from GA?

Hi Ladies! So I was terrified for some unknown reason, but I am 1 day post op & feel GREAT! I had surgery at NE Georgia Medical in Gainesville and can not brag enough on how fantastic the staff was to me!!!! I had surgery at 7:30 yesterday morning and was up and walking around 9:00 pm. I did experience a little sickness with the morphine, but nothing that wasn't bearable! I'm looking forward to being pain free after years of suffering. I am home tonight! I'll keep everyone posted!
Unread 04-17-2009, 12:35 PM

Here is another update. I trust I am posting this in the right place.
I have walked around my apartment a bit and have had no bm problems because I prevented it. Thanks to this board I knew what to do.
I am still sore. My belly swells and goes down in equal turns. Gas pains still hurt really badly. Gas X is a Godsend.
I am still on pain medicine every 4 hours and ended up with an infection at my IV site for which I take antibiotics.

I go for my MD consult next Wednesday.
Unread 04-17-2009, 01:10 PM

Day 5 here. Feeling better than I thought i would although today I'm definitely battling some gas pains. I'm trying to work through it by eating a lot of fiber, a 3 bean vegan chili with avacodos really gets things moving! I have popped a few Gas X pills when it gets too uncomfortable.

I'm a bit of a health freak so I've been freaked about how many toxins I have in my body from the surgery. So I'm drinking a lot of green tea and eating healthy...trying to get it all out!

Getting up and walking around maybe once an hour really helps move things around as well. I don't think I did that enough yesterday and paid the price for it last night and this morning...won't make that mistake again.

And so far so good with the Premarin. I think at some point I'll try a more natural supplement but for now I need to concentrate on recovery.

One of my main concerns about this surgery was if I was going to lose sexual desire...but I looked at my husband last night and got this overwhelming feeling of wanting to rip his clothes off...so I don't think I have anything to worry about there.

I hope the rest of you are recovering well!!!
Unread 04-17-2009, 09:13 PM

I had my LAVH yesterday afternoon and have been home since about 3pm today. I not having much pain per se, just plenty of discomfort and feeling very weird in my pelvis. Mostly I jusy can't believe that I don't have a uterus anymore. How strange...
Unread 04-18-2009, 07:44 AM

Had a total da Vinci the mornng of April 16 in Jacksonville. I'm new to the lingo but I believe what I had is radical (everything plus lymph nodes); felt pretty radical to me!Less than 24 hours post-recovery, I'm feeling amazingly well, have taken a few short walks in the neighborhood. Waiting for the old bowels to get back up to steam but feel as though some movement is underfoot. Gas pains are intense but a fair price to pay for this procedure. Breathing deeply and feeling greatful for this site and its encouragement. I've been reading during the weeks leading up to my procedure (although I did not post then) and found real comfort here. On to whatever the next phase may be.

It's true. The anxiety of what is to come --no matter what that might be-- is usually so much worse than the reality.
Unread 04-18-2009, 09:55 AM

hey girls ,

i'm home finally from the castle woohooo!!! and i feel a million times better i have 5 lil cuts on my belly got to the castle at 6:30 am thursday i got outta recovery at 2:30pm they gave me didlated which made me itch like nobody's business in places i didn't know i had places i know tmi according to dh i was out of it untill very early friday morning and my doc wanted to realase me friday and i could barely pee so i decided to stay untill today for my own sake im peeing up a storm right now and passing wind woohoo but it hurts when i fart good god i had a private room food was ok not the greatest but not the worst either ... dh and df have been wonderful dh stayed with me untill friday with out sleep poor guy then df was with untill friday night took it easy when i got home especially with stairs ...not fun but i will keep all of you in my prayers the doctors and nurses were awsome no bleedin either woohoo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register