Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 28-Jun 04,2007

Sorry cj8867, I haven't had that problem, although sometimes my stomach hurts after I eat..what that's about, who knows. The only other time I get any discomfort is sometimes when I lie on my stomach - it feels like something is pulling, which annoys me because that is the position that I'm most comfortable sleeping. Maybe you should try some gas-x instead of what you're taking now..or maybe take a walk and see if it helps. If it gets that bad, you might want to check with your doc. I hope you feel better soon....I remember how bad those gas cramps were..I feel bad for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Hi! Dear Sillydays,
Wish your mom and dad the best. You have done pretty much what a good daughter would do. Just leave the rest in the hands of the Lord. Will pray the Serenity Prayer for all those who need courage and strength with what they are going through in life.
"God, grant me (and others) serenity to accept the things I (one) cannot change, courage to change the things I (one) can, and wisdom to know the difference."
Unread 07-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Hello Ladies,
I've been out of touch for several days and I'm just now catching up! I'm not having sex or cramps, but I was spotting yesterday?! I didn't think that was supposed to happen; there's nothing left TO spot, is there?

I had my 20th class reunion this weekend. We had our own little "hystersisters" support group as 3 of us have had surgery. It was great to joke and laugh about the whole thing - then go outside to cool off since we're all so hot! LOL Is anyone else having hot flashes or night sweats? I'm starting to. It's not fun! I still have 2 more weeks before I go home for my dr's appt. I think we'll have a lot to talk about.

I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well and "enjoying life" again! I think we should get this post going for a while. After talking to my friends, we still have a ways to go as our bodies haven't adjusted to life w/o hormones yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 02:17 PM

Jvititoe, What kind of hyster did you have again? Abdominal incision or vaginal? I wonder if that makes a difference. I have not spotted any. That seems somewhat odd since your surgery was awhile ago. I think I read it may have something to do with the vaginal cuff. Sorry, I'm not more helpful. My work called and I scheduled my hours.....kind of scary but i go back on the 31st....I told them no 12 hour days for the first couple weeks so I'll be working three 8 hour days in a row the first week. I thought that sounded good. I told them to put me down for 12 after the first couple weeks. Man, I hope my stamina can handle it. I'm curious what your friends said about down the road for us? I can't believe you haven't been to the doctor yet? How many weeks are you post-op?
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM

Hi CJ! I had LAVH w/everything out. I haven't been to the dr yet b/c I've been on vacation since June 26th. I was supposed to have my follow-up on the 14th. The dr. said that he'd clear me to go on vac. if I didn't have sex until he was able to do a vag. exam when I got back. I had too many committments so I had to agree. I don't go back to school until Aug 13th, and the first week is w/o students so I'm not too worried about the stamina. All the teachers are exhausted the first few weeks so we'll all be in the same boat. I'm not going to worry too much about the spotting unless it happens again.
Unread 07-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Hi Girls
Good Evening hope all of you are doing fine.
I was just catching up on reading'

CJ I am not sure about the stomach cramps but since I went back to work my tummy is sore maybe from moving to much and bending and lifting. Otherwise I am don't know I wish I could help Sorry!

I also wanted to Thank All Of You For Listening To Me About My Mom And The Heart Warming Prayer That Was Sent To Me From Rose Tulip

Jvititoe
I am not sure why you are spotting. Have you tried to call the doc and ask why? I hope all works out for you.

Yesterday and today were my first full days back to work and boy they were hard. By lunch time I was ready to go home and not return to work till the next day. I hope someday soon this exhaustion will go away but I am to tired to think of that.
We are getting some new equipment in our dept or we are testing this machine till Friday. And it seems like I am the only one the cares on how things work on it.
Today I finally told my supervisor that I thought I worked in and office building NOT in a child daycare place. I said that I must work with all 2 year olds that are just made up to look like 40-50 year old women! And I am beyond that in my life since surgery and I AM NOT PLAYING THEIR STUPID GAMES ANYMORE!!! I am not yelling at you girls just wanted to get my point across on how I kind of talked to my supervisor and she basically agreed with me.

Is it that we have 1 more week on this thread? We will have to come up with a new thread any thoughts?
Big Hugs
Lori
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:22 PM

I'm having some spotting that started at six weeks at pale pink-ish brown and has progressed this week to heavier rusty brown with suture and old tissue debris. My doctor said to give it until 9 wks to stop. I had a sizeable hematoma and as the internal stitches dissolve, there can be some spotting. I am ready for this to stop, though-it can be heavy enough for a panty liner, and I thought I was through with all that! Anyone else having strange looking discharge?

TAH/BSO & appendectomy for severe endometriosis (pain, heavy bleeding, anemia etc.).
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I agree

I have been out of touch for a while too. I finally went back to work and trying to get into the swing of things. I have been getting the hot flashes but not so much with the night sweats. The chillow really works well. I think it would be fun to find those who would like to have a gathering somewhere and get a bunch of us together. Like maybe late fall when the weather gets cold we could all get together someplace warm. How fun. Take Care everyone and stay in touch.
Kim
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:19 PM

Hi! My Hystersisters,
Just want to let you all know that I am taking a Stress Management provided by our health care provider. It includes some relaxation techniques with things like Guided Imagery, Body Scan breathing, Self Affirmation, etc. It might be helpful for those of us who have an area/areas of stress. Make sure we are not over exercising or having something that might affect our insides. That includes medications, some foods or drinks, excessive work, exercise, or even sex. Take care!
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:47 AM

Good morning, Hyster Sisters:

I wanted to tell you all that I couldn't have recovered as well as I have without this website. This is such a big experience....just knowing that so many of us are doing this and maintaining a sense of humor and helping each other is so touching.

Sillydays: My parents are in their 80's as well, and I do know what you're going through. It's so hard to see them age, especially with difficult health issues...my Dad has some dementia and some days is so sad and almost helpless. It breaks my heart. Then yesterday he sounded like he did five years ago - it has put my Mom on a rough ride as his primary caregiver...my husband and I are there as much as possible, and I talk to them everyday, but my brother stays on the periphery and doesn't help much. You can feel free to vent to me any time...it's very emotional, isn't it?

Have a good day, everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register