Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

Unread 10-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 29-Nov 05,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 29-Nov 05,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
It's good to be home

Hi, everyone, I had my surgery on 10/30 as planned, came home yesterday afternoon. Feeling okay today, sore in the abdomen (as expected) but the percocet & ibuprofen seem to be controlling the pain nicely. Actually the gas pains are worse than the surgery pain at this point... seems odd, but there it is.

I had a LAVH as planned & my ovaries got to stay. The dr. said it took longer than expected due to the uterus adhering to the bladder... but thankfully he didn't have to convert to an open approach.

that's it for now... trying to be good and not spend too much time on the pc...
:timeup:

- Lysippe
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
It's done-and I'm home!

Hi All:

I had my LSH, yesterday morning, and I am home today, and feeling good, but quite sore. My procedure was scheduled for 9:30am, and started pretty much on time. I had a nurse friend who observed the surgery, and she said that I was the first person that she had seen who went into surgery smiling. Apparently, I was smiling while knocked out cold!

The next thing that I remember, was waking up in recovery with the bladder catheter still in. It was just slightly painful coming out. I spent the next few hours chatting with the nurses and my sweetie in the final recovery room. I tried to pee a few times, but nothing. I started to feel very frustrated, and wanted to go home, but the Dr. said that no pee, no trip home. All in all, it took about 4 hours to coax it out. I was never so grateful to pee in my life!

The Dr. said that the surgery went very, very well, and that there was really no bleeding to speak of. But, he found out the I had as he said, "more fibroids than he could count", and that my uterus and cervix had started to degenerate, (not exactly sure what that means, but I'll look it up) and that it was really good that I had made the decision to have the hyst.

As for pain, my abdominal region is very sore, and I am moving very slowly. Stairs and walking aren't a problem, but sitting down and getting up are pretty painful. Other than that, I am feeling good, and looking forward to being up and around.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
From the flip side.....

.....oh gosh girls!! I am sooooo happy to have this over with. Had my TVH on 10/30. Arrived at the castle at 5:30 am was in surgery by 7:30 am and in my room by 10:00. My doc said my uterus was very enlarged and they had a hard time getting it out, but they did it w/ no abdominal incision. Got to keep both ovaries.......woohoo!!! Came home today. Abdomen is really sore, but the Tylenol 3 is helping. Honest to God, the post surgery pain is NOTHING compared to what I went through before. I keep telling everyone that the pain is so much less that I had expected. As it has been said many times before on these posts, the waiting is the worst part and you will have a huge weight lifted......best of luck to everyone else. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Best Wishes~

~T
Unread 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM
tired and sore

Hello Ladies,
I had my LSH on Wed around 1PM, and was home from the castle by 8PM. I did pretty well the day of the surgery but the gas build up the next day is honestly worse than the incisions. I've taken Percocet until today, but I think it makes me feel worse than just taking Tylenol. Don't like the dizzy, headache feel that pain relievers give you. One word of advice, don't take the maximum dose of stool softeners! They certainly helped, but they made me nauseaus and crampy. I was sick most of the night from doing that!!

I'm really glad this is over and that I can at least see the road to recovery. I took a walk to the corner and back a little while ago, but I honestly thought I'd be feeling a lot better than I am.

I've had a walk and some lunch so I think I'm gonna go back to bed for a little while, since I didn't sleep very well last night.

I'll check in with everyone later.

Karen
Unread 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM

I am new to this site. I had my uterus and one egg and tube removed on October 30th along with a bladder sling placed.

Today is my first day home and it has been rough. I am in a lot of pain and yesterday I did not think I was going to make it.

I have been taking the pain meds every4 hours as needed.....and I DO need it. I had my sister and friend come up to give my husband a break. I walked a little today but I am tired and ready to go to bed
Unread 11-03-2007, 02:29 AM

Had my uterus and ovary removed on 10/30.

Since I was already post-menopausal, I did not think that I would have such terrible hot flashes. I am a little scared now.

Pain is not bad, bruising is really bad.
Unread 11-03-2007, 08:42 AM

knightm, I am similar to you-- I am still taking my percocet about every 4 hours as prescribed but the pain is not as bad as what I had before the surgery.

I've been walking a little each day with someone at my side in case I get dizzy or anything. It seems to help with the gas.

amoureux, sorry about the stool softeners. sounds terrible. I have been taking them but nothing is happening.

sherden, did you have an abdominal surgery, or vaginal?
Unread 11-03-2007, 12:41 PM

I had my TAH October 31, got out of surgery about 4PM, came home Friday November 2. Things were easier in the hospital, as far as resting and no over doing it. I find myself wanting to do more at home and must force myself to not do too much.

I really overdid it my first day home. After a couple of hours, I was indeed very sorry. I'm taking 2 percocets every 4 hours, one mega ibuprofen 2 hours after. That really helps, the ibuprofen 2 hours after. The percoset doesn't cut it by itself every 4 hours. I'm in a lot of pain. I find I can get most of my walking in when I have to go up and down my steps to use the bathroom, I do that several times a day.

The gas pains are as bad as anything. I take Gas-X for that. A dose of dulcolax every morning. Still have not had a bowel movement but only started back on solids yesterday. Kind of scared about the first time.

My son is taking very good care of me. He's 26 and staying at home with me for my first week home. He's got a great network of friends helping him out. They bring dinner over everyday.

Now I feel like I'm going to throw up ... gotta go
Unread 11-03-2007, 02:00 PM

Lyssipe, I had abdomenal surgery.

Today was a kind a rougher day. I don't think that I was prepared for how bad I feel all over. I slept pretty good last night but got uo this morning to go to the lazy boy and slept again until 9:00 am. I think I finally got my appetite back today. I have eaten more that I have all week.

My friend is an RN and came over to look at my scar. She said that it lloks very good but it's just still so swollen. I have a couple of round bruises at the top of my pubic area and one of my vaginal lips are totally purple and bruised so I can't sit well.

Walked some today and that was a good. I went outside for the first time since last Saturday (other than driving to the hospital for the surgery). It was nice to be in the sunshine. I was a little sick to my stomach but after I ate I was better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register