Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2009 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2009 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2009

Unread 10-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2009

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 19-Oct 25,2009 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 19-Oct 25,2009

Hurray, I am officially a Princess! I had a LAVH/BSO yesterday morning. Everything went as planned, although my doctor said that it was a bit more of a challenge than expected (no idea yet what exactly that meant). She did find more endometriosis and took care of it. The hospital staff was wonderful, and so far, there are no complications (except that I'm rather itchy for some reason). I came home a couple of hours ago and am resting well on the couch with my wonderful family taking care of me. I'm sure that things will likely not stay so peaceful, but I'm hopeful! Thank you, everyone here at HysterSisters, for the wonderful support. I don't think I could have gotten here so well without you all. I hope everyone else with surgery this week is doing well. God bless and take care!
Unread 10-21-2009, 04:36 AM

Congratulations on your crown. I just got mine yesterday morning.
Am very swollen, but so glad to be rid of my uterus and its nasty fibroid friends (all 9 of them!)
Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM

I had mine done yesterday and I am in so much pain, had dr call in new script hope it helps! I had a TLVH I hope that's right my stomach is flatter since my fibroids were so big!
Unread 10-21-2009, 02:44 PM

Had my surgery on Monday. Everything went as planned, doctor said it was a bit more work than she had planned, but everything went ok. Ended up staying an extra day due to not being able to keep anything down (not even ice chips) but no matter how bad i felt i was able to get up and take walks every 4-6 hours. I also had some chest pains so had to get some tests done, but everything turned out ok. They think i might have gotten a chest cold that was just surfacing due to the surgery, Got home about 12:30 and am trying to rest. well keep in touch
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM

Had my surgery Monday October 19th and came home last night at dinnertime. Pain is getting better with toradol/percocet.

Bladder spasms were the worst, but pyidium is helping with the bathroom issues.

Emotional roller coaster. Lots of crying... it'll pass, right!

-Amanda
Unread 10-21-2009, 04:13 PM

Hello all! Still in the hospital, had my TAH-BSO yesterday, with a scary long vertical incision, and am doing pretty well, considering! Dilaudid is my new best friend... A couple of breathing scares the first night, along with a panic attack (I was the one so calm the day before, remember?...) that was calmed down with Ativan. It's been OK since, and I'll post a full story later, when I don't need a nap after each paragraph anymore... ;o)

Despite the pain (very minimal today) and discomfort, it feels amazing to be on the other side!!! Yay us!
Unread 10-21-2009, 04:38 PM

Hi redhead 65 -
I know what you mean about the napping. I am still in the hospital as well. Since my fibroids were so big, I got a couple of "bonus" incisions. (mine was done lapro) That coupled with a very bad reaction to the indigo Carmine dye got me an extra night in the hopsital. Even with these issues I am very happy to be on the other side!!
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:46 AM

Hi Everyone,
I had my DaVinci LSH yesterday (20th), and got home this afternoon. My biggest shock has been the swelling. I look like I gained 20 pounds just in my abdomen. The doc days its normal. The pain is more than expected, but to do quite a bit of reconstuction. Good Luck to all, talk soon, I must sleep now.
Unread 10-22-2009, 03:50 AM

I am not ready to do cartwheels by any means, but I feel so much better today than yesterday. Am still very swollen though. Will be going home from the hospital today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register