Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Sore Stomach

No I havn't but I will do that today.
Thanks, Joni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Sore Stomach

Hi everyone, I had my LAVH Feb. 25th. It has been 3 months and I am having a problem. The small incision right next to my belly button is sore, and also on the left side around it. I went to my OBGYN, and he said there is nothing wrong with me as far as he is concerned. If you touch the skin very lighly it hurts, and my stomach swells up as the day goes on. I went to see a surgeon, and he thought I might have a post op hernia, but after examing me he can't tell. He said he can't feel anything. So when I wake up in the morning, my stomach is not swollen, but by the end of the day, I look pregnant. Does anyone have this problem???? HELP

Thanks, Joni
Unread 05-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hi girls, how are you all today? It's the weekend here. Odd, eh?

I hope you don't mind me asking cos it is a bit of a TMI question(!) but we still cannot manage total penetration due to pain at the top of the vagna. Does anyone else have this problem or are you all at it hammer and tongs? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2008, 07:14 PM

Howdy

Onwards - you make me laugh - well DH and I are not at it hammer and tongs bit hit and miss at the moment - but no there isn't any pain up there at all.

Just a little tender still around the opening TMI LOL!!! But a bit of the old KY helps that one.

Well they say things happen in 3's - well the 3rd thing is that on Friday my company I work for (11 years) AMCOR - announced that our division had been sold to a competitor - what does that mean - apparently they will take all employees on at renumeration equal to what we now have - however I am realistic enough to know that there will be significant changes and who knows who will be lost in the fallout.

I feel so insignificant at the moment - which is so alien for me, so sad - have to pull myself out of this one.

You know there are 2 majors in our daily life - our family and our work and both of mine have gone arse up in the last 2 weeks - yes the change in work could be for the better - but it is a bit scary at the moment.

DH is trying very hard and we are talking heaps - well I am still crying heaps also - not me at all - I am usually the strong logical one - but this has rocked me to the core.

Anyway enough!!

How are you all going!!!!

PS Only 12 weeks till Smeags arrivial - can't wait!!!
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:03 PM

Hi ladies

Everyone must be feeling a lot better, no action here for days. Perhaps that is a good sign we are all returning to normal.

Onwards I am curious you keep mentioning that your doctor is in the UK, where abouts are you from and how come you are in Bahrain? Sounds an interesting place to live. I was oringinally from the UK myself but live in Canada now.

DNK hope things are working out better for you now.

We are going back to UK in three weeks time our youngest DD (26) is getting married, we are excited about the wedding but my family have been absolutely horrible over the past year, no help during all this surgery etc, well we decided that we wouldn't invite them, I could not stand to be in the same room as any of them, well needless to say they are not happy and have upped the anti almost to the point I don't want to go. If we had invited them they would have been insolent to my DH and I (past experience at oldest DDs wedding 8 years ago) and gone out of their way to ruin it. Sorry to burden you but had to tell someone, spent three hours on the phone with my mother today asking her to help, she won't and actually stirs up the trouble.

Feeling really depressed today and still in pain.

Thanks for listening
Unread 06-03-2008, 10:30 PM

Hi everyone

Snowwhite - my heart goes out to you, families can be real [email protected]#s at times.

And don't be sorry to be telling us that is what we are all here for - without all of you Iwould have gone stir crazy the last few weeks, just happy to be able to give back. LOL!!!

I am with you and you just need to do what is right for you and your family and not worry about the rest. The most important thing is for you rDD26 to enjoy her day without any stress from the rest ofthe family. If they are going to cause problems stay right away.

And you are still in pain - not good. Apart from all the ups and downs in the past few weeks I actually feel really great - no pain, no mood swings (except for anger and tears but that is not caused by that) just feel really great.

So girls we all need a good laugh - how are we all going under that doona - some updates please.

Must go am off out west on business again and we are in for storms - flash flooding etc and it is already pouring.

Wish me luck

Kezza
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:35 AM

Hmmm no flash floods here in Bahrain...two short downpours during the winter since last summer. Now it is over 50 degrees and pretty unbearable.

Snowwhite I do feel for you. With all our son problems over the past six years or so, we have had no help from family, just hassle, when we have been at breaking point. The only part of my husband's family who would help if they could have their own problems. Same went when we nearly split up. We have some absolutely wonderful friends (a particular couple) who have been so supportive, I don't know what we would have done without them. I agree with DNK - if they are going to ruin the day, lock them out!!!!

The trouble with this posting is that you can't flick back to the posts can you, without losing this post you are writing? I can't remember now and I want to reread! In answer to the question, I am in Bahrain due to DH's job with Rolls Royce (he works on the Bahraini Defence Force base, supporting the RR engines in the Hawks). Not sure how long we are here for but I have no confidence in the health care providers here for various reasons, even though it is private health care, and would not let them operate on me!! Not sure how long we are here. Was going to be two years, which is up in Aug, but might now be longer.

I have made my decision to go back to the UK next week in order to have an examination and my consultant is booking me in for another laparoscopy to find out why I still have the same pain as before the op. I know how you feel, snowwhite - it IS depressing. I am struggling at the moment. I SO do not want more surgery and the idea of all that pain again terrifies me to be honest, but I need to get to the bottom of what is going on. Could still be endo, could be adhesions, could be bowel problems. He doesn't want to do a colonoscopy as there is no constipation or diarrhea or rectal bleeding, but does want to do a 'clear out' before surgery in case there is a structural problem. Intercourse is still more painful than before the op. I am sorry you are still in pain. Mine is still lower pelvic pain, dragging and achey. What sort of pain are you getting?

BTW, this'll make you laugh...due to the internal pain, DH has perfected the art of intercourse and orgasm whilst bearly moving...hahahaha Yes, I know, TMI. Poor bloke! He must be desperate for a proper good sh.ging!!!

Well better get on with my OU course. Am rather stressed about is as don't know how I'm going to do the exam and all my TMAs with the surgery looming and the summer coming with travel to UK and then Corfu. Oh well, head down and hope for the best (said the actress to the bishop...)

Come on then, girls, as DNK said, spill the beans. How are you all doing under the doona??????

Unread 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM

Hi Girls

I wanted to just check in and see how everyone is doing now that we are at out three month mark . I was so excited the other say becasue i am finally able to get on my treadmill and go for longer than 10 min , lol . I still am not by far going like i was before the surgury but i am able to put a 2 miles so i am quit excited .
I can't tell you how nice it is to come on here and hear alot of the same symptoms or feelings that i have been having on here and get some advice becasue there is noone here that really has a clue what I ( or you girls ) are even going through so this is awesome having you girls here to come to and chat with or just read some information from you all so Thanks !

I have a question though and i hope that one of you or all of you might beable to answer it ? First off in awhole i feel pretty good , most days i am feeling almost normal other than a still have a swelly belly some days when i go to over board and get run down , but i usually feel not bad beings i had everything and i mean everything taken out in surgury . I still have some small aches in my sides where the large ovaries with cysts on them were taken out but gyno says that will go in time.
Anyway the question is do any of you ever have , let me see how to say this , do any of you ever have had a kind of squishy feeling in the lower part of your stomach? I was wondering with that empty space what happens there , sounds weird i know but i feel like i am squishy down there and there is absolutely no pain just that . I hope someone has a answer for me because its a question i have had and have no clue what the answer is lol .
Thanks and hope everyone has a great day !
Unread 06-04-2008, 10:40 AM

I've wondered about that "squishy" area myself. When I've had other surgeries, I was told it would fill up with fluid. Guess everything just kind of adjusts and fills in. I would like to hear what others think about this as well.
Unread 06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 YAY, I finally have bladder surgery date.....

Hi everybody,
Just feeling so good this a.m., better than I've felt the last couple months anyway, since my leak started.
My bladder surgery is July 30, and the doctor is confident he can fix me, and I won't have to wear these diapers and this catheter forever......
(I've already been wearing them 2 months )

I am SO glad to have a surgery date, although it was hard at first for me to accept waiting 2 more months.

Maybe by fall I can have my life back, with the hiking up hills and the barn job again, taking care of the horses......

Dare I hope it?
I'm feeling so good this a.m. I think I will dare.

Two other reasons I think I'm feeling so good is that I think I'm FINALLY on the right estrogen dose, and yesterday I gave up the idea of sueing the urologist who did the unsuccessful repair at the time of my hysterectomy.

I called 3 attys, and it just felt WRONG. Some friends had encouraged me to try to get compensated for my financial setback, pain & suffering, but to me it's just not worth it--
the amount of anguish it would cause me during my surgery recovery, for the small amount of $ I could get, if any.

Thank you all for being here for me through all this!

Bye for now,
June

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register