Scheduled SAH Horrible pressure in rectum!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible pressure in rectum!! Horrible pressure in rectum!!

Unread 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Horrible pressure in rectum!!

I've been having horrible pain and pressure in my rectum! It hurts so bad that sometimes I can't sit down. Has anyone else experienced this????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Re: Horrible pressure in rectum!!!!

Yes!! I have!! It went away a few days ago. Idk what the deal was.
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelcortez View Post
Yes!! I have!! It went away a few days ago. Idk what the deal was.
It comes and goes for me. I have fibroids but not sure if they are pressing on my rectum or not. All I know is it HURTS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika_0975 View Post
It comes and goes for me. I have fibroids but not sure if they are pressing on my rectum or not. All I know is it HURTS...
Yeah that's how it was for me too. Interesting. Not sure why I'm having it. I hope you feel better! You think it could be because of constipation?
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelcortez View Post
Yeah that's how it was for me too. Interesting. Not sure why I'm having it. I hope you feel better! You think it could be because of constipation?
My Mom said that too but my bowels are working fine. I've never had hemorrhoids so I thought it was that. Turns out not to be that either. Not sure. I don't want to bother going into doctors office since my surgery is in a few days.

Well, best of luck to you! Hopefully, once we have our surgeries it will go away. See you on the other side, my lady.
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:54 AM
Re: Horrible pressure in rectum!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika_0975 View Post
My Mom said that too but my bowels are working fine. I've never had hemorrhoids so I thought it was that. Turns out not to be that either. Not sure. I don't want to bother going into doctors office since my surgery is in a few days.

Well, best of luck to you! Hopefully, once we have our surgeries it will go away. See you on the other side, my lady.
Please make sure you mention this to your doctor before the surgery, even if on the same day. It may be nothing but the more info the doctor/had has, the better for you.

Best of luck on your surgery.
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Re: Horrible pressure in rectum!!

Wow I am so glad I see others having this problem. It has been going on for a few days now off and on several times a day and I have no clue what could be causing it. I have a prolapse uterus caused by whooping cough that I have had for 7 weeks (go figure) LOL I thought maybe I was crazy but now that I see I'm not alone I'm going to ask my Dr on Wed. and see what could be causing this. If any of you guys talk to your Dr. before then please in lighten us on what they say. Thanks
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Re: Horrible pressure in rectum!!

I had a lot of colon/rectal pain or pressure before TLH...especially in the weeks prior to my surgery. The pain spread into my lower back and mid back at times...that was reason I went into doctor. Found out after my hysterectomy that my enlarged uterus was pressing on colon and lower spine. I had hysterectomy 4 weeks ago...had some back pain right after my surgery but now completely gone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register