Week 5 & I am FINALLY feeling good! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Week 5 & I am FINALLY feeling good! Week 5 & I am FINALLY feeling good!

Unread 01-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Week 5 & I am FINALLY feeling good!

I have read many post on here and I have been waiting for the day when I could say, "This was TOTALLY worth it." I started student teaching Tuesday (1/18/05)and I was scared to death that I was not going to be ready. But I have felt great. Better than I have felt in more than two years. YAY! I couldn't believe how quick it happened.

I just had to share and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Happy days are finally here again!

Leilani
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2005, 10:02 PM

Hey! I'm a 5 weeker and share the same surgery date. The first couple weeks were rough but I can actually say I'm feeling much better. Everyone thought it was crazy having surgery a week before Christmas but guess what there's no good time. It was the best Christmas gift a person could get. I see Dr this coming Friday so I hope I am released to go back to work on the 31st. It seems like I've been home for 6 months instead of 6 weeks. I have truly enjoyed my time off-anyone else?? Glad your feeling good too!! Thanks for listening.

I'm a happy cat now
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:20 PM
6 weeker and feeling better too!

I share your experience of having 2 rough weeks----but I now can begin to see that it was worth it! I still don't have my energy back yet---but I had been pretty anemic for several years----so that will take some time. However---I am able to do housework, go to the store, etc.... and a sense of normalcy is returning. I go back to work on Monday, 1/24----and I am looking forward to it in one way===but I have really enjoyed my time off as well. I will miss being able to take a nap in the afternoon==but I know I will adjust. Enjoy your last week====and I am glad you are feeling so good. I woke up this morning and realized I will be missing my second period =====and that is a GREAT feeling! After years of misery====I still find myself checking my panties to make sure it isn't coming! What a terrific feeling!

TAH 12/8/04
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:24 PM
I couldnt be happier

It has been two weeks and I feel great.. I want to go back to work and I feel that I am ready now but the Dr tells me not for 4 weeks. Im having cabin fever sitting in the house.
Just Two weeks and I feel like a brand new woman.
My Doctor was trying to get me to have surgery since May 2004 and I finally had it on 1/06/05. I wish I wouldve had it sooner but because of how much I value my job and the company I work for, I put it off until I knew that all would run great a few weeks without me.
I'm happy to hear that you are doing great
Unread 01-22-2005, 01:06 AM

Hi...just hit the 5 week mark and am doing beautifully! I went back to work 3 weeks ago..part time only and have taken good care of myself. Got the all healed from the doctor on the 17th...just still taking care to not lift anything too heavy etc. I know everyone heals differently and I think it makes a difference if you have had surgery in the past...this is a piece of cake compared to the brain tumor and sinus tumors I had removed...gotta have a good outlook..it helps.

Good luck girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register