Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Today is day 14. I had a "down day" today. Not a bad day or depressed or anything, I just slept all day!!! I did have a very busy weekend starting with doc appt Fri and had to go to Cato's to get some new clothes that FIT!!!!! MOO!!!!! Then, Sat I went to a ladie's day at church and my mom wanted to stop by Sam's (Wal-mart) on the way home, that place is huge and I was probably on my feet more than usual. Then Sun. I went to church and out to eat after. That afternoon, an elderly friend had an emergency and I had to go check on him. Then yesterday was my b-day and I spent from 10:30 AM till 4:00 PM out of the house, shopping and lunch. Now that I think about it, that has been a lot of activity, no wonder I am so tired. I pop into the family medical clinic I use often because my mom works there. The nurse's there said I am obviously not getting enough rest because I am always running around town and popping up at the clinic (my 15 y/o daughter is homeschooled and drives me around). I was told by my doc there (not a real check-up, just chit-chat) that I was to walk more to get rid of the gas, but then again, rest more!?!

BTW - bladder spasms feel like cramps in the lower abdomen that come and go, they last about 20 - 30 sec and build to a peak and subside, sort of like a contraction. They also occur at the end of urination when your bladder empties. I am STILL having these spasms. I had one tonight that made me bend over. The pain is unbearable for about 5 seconds. I can't see taking pain pills though for pain that only lasts 5 sec. My doc just told me to drink more water and that meds weren't necessary.

I got a copy of my op report today. After reading it I thought "no wonder I am so sore"! They used 3.4 liters of gas to blow up my abdomen, now that is a lot of gas! They attempted to remove as much as they can but it is impossible to remove it all. Anyway, I got up this morning to get my daughter off to school and could not wait till she was out the door so I could lay back down! I would sleep for a few hours, wake up to feed and pee, and lay back down. I slept till 2:30 this afternoon. My hubby woke me up and asked if I could manage to pick up our daughter because he couldn't. So I got up and picked her up, as well as dinner while I was out! I came home and ate my lunch/dinner combo and believe it or not, went back to sleep!!! I woke up at 7:00 and have just been hanging out. It is 11:30 now and I am ready to go back to bed. I guess I really overdid it this weekend and my body is telling me to slow down. Since I have rested so much today I do have to admit that I am not having as much pain.

I kept one ovary and my doc put me on hormones until the ovary wakes up and the hormones have been working great, but today while I was sleeping I sweated like crazy! I kept turning the air down and freezing my daughter out! When I woke up it was freezing in the house! I guess I was having night sweats. I can handle the night sweats, just as long as I don't have the hormonal depression. Well, gotta go pee and go to bed now.

RobinRN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:33 AM

1hotsister,
I think you are lucky not to have the packing. I will have to ask my Dr at my follow up appt why he does this. I go and see him the 1st to get my clearance to go back to work. I had gastric bypass last year so I don't seem to have one but every 3 or 4 days. And yes, grapes help move things along. So does died apricots.
I get hyper and can't sleep sometimes with the pain meds, but not everytime I take them.
Unread 04-25-2007, 12:32 PM

I had a TVH on April 9th. Is anyone else not able to shake being SO tired? I feel fine other than this. I feel like I have had a sleeping pill...ALL DAY LONG!! I am 16 days post-op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM

Had a TAH/BSO on the 9th. I have alternating days of being really tired or having bursts of energy. I think it's my over-doing during the energy bursts that keep bringing the tired spells, though. But, yeah, tired is normal at this point! Hang in there!
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:05 PM

I'm on day 12 and I'm still up and down in how I feel. I'm having a lot of pressure which makes my tummy and back ache. I'm still having issues with constipation but I had trouble with that prior to my surgery and the pain doesn't feel the same. I'm not sure if something is twisted in there. I've tried very hard not to take a pain pill but the pressure is unbareable at times.

I haven't gone too crazy. I cry alot easier but no at everything. There are times when I'm very edgy but not too often. I'm irritated today because I just got word on my temp disability. It's great that my job offers it but seems like a joke at the same time. I was off of work for 3 weeks because of my pain prior to surgery. They have decided that time was unnecessary so they have only approved me from my surgery date on. They have only approved 4 weeks and to top it all off, there is a 3 week waiting period. So, if I go back after only 4 weeks of recovery, I will have only received 1 week of pay. (eventhough I will have been off 7 weeks.) Needless to say my DH is a little stressed. That is at least 2100.00 in lost wages.

Thanks for listening.
Unread 04-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Hi Ladies,

Day 15 today. I m still feeling very definitely post-op. My belly has random and assorted pains - I still have diarrhea daily - I still feel tired but have trouble sleeping ;-/. Having definite twinges in urethra and vaginal areas on a regular basis - so I guess I just need to keep taking it easy. Really nothing to do around my house anyway except do some work on my computer (laptop). My house is tiny and I have no kids at home anymore - DH is at work all day then makes or brings dinner - so until I go back to work it is going to be boredom city. I have a stack of books to read - but don't feel like reading them. However - on the very up side - if you read about my trials last week with peeing every 15 minutes and trouble with my GYN - doubled dose of Detrol (or decrease in inflamation) has fixed the peeing problem for now anyway (yippee) and I haven't taken any pain meds for a few days for my random aches and pains. I have the feeling most of my pains are intestinal - like my intestines are bruised or something and I can feel everything going through there at all. I came home from the hospital 10# up - have lost that plus two more - I have little appetite - so my diet is a protein shake a day, fluids (I try to drink lots of water especially), and usually one little meal. That's all I seem to be able to handle for now. Wondering how everyone else is doing from our week.
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:08 PM

OK well day 16 here for me. I took my first bath today instead of a shower since having my surgery. Boy it felt gooooddd!!! I really miss baths. Yesterday I may have done a little too much. I have just been taking the ibprofen for pain and only about twice a day so not too bad. But yesterday afternoon I was sure feeling it and had to sit and rest. Also didn't have an appetite last night so instead of dinner just had a big glass of milk so I could take the ibprofen. Been doing lots of reading and watching tv and crosstitching. I want to get my current project done for my son's graduation in June.. It's been great "listening" to the rest of you guys and know I'm not the only one out there doing this.. thanks for being here.
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:25 PM

Windyhill
Glad to hear things are better. I am at the same stage as you. Have those mysterious internal abdominal pains that are just uncomfortable. I'm glad I'm not the only one with diarrhea issues. I'm to lazy to make my own protien shake so use Glucerna meal replacement made for diabetics.
I do spend a lot of time reading.
I have been off work for 6 months now(as they tried to find out what's wrong with me & this may not be the answer) All that time I was unable to do much due to extreme fatique so the fatique & boredom during this recovery time is actually not that bad for me. As it has been so long since I've really had any engery I'm not sure I would know what to do with myself. I just have to be patient for the 6 - 8 weeks to find out if there are any changes in my bloodwork results that I have done every 2 weeks.
Things can only get better.
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
oh oh

Hi gals,

Well, on day 13 here I thought I had it in me to go to the store. My friend took me and I thought a little walking around the store wouldn't be bad at all. Boy was i wrong.I am really hurting now. I spotted too. My whole adomin is hurting. It was kinda scary for me. I honestly thought it would be fine. Just when can I do a simple thing like that? Because I felt so fine around the house, walking around, going up steps, etc. I didn't think it would be so bad. Oh well, I am on recliner rest only at this point. I am hoping I haven't done anything serious. I'm pretty sure I haven't but what about the rest of you? I have heard some of you making "little" store trips and are okay. I realize that we are all differnt. whew............ Hope you are all having a better day then me. Karen
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:25 PM

Apparently, the internal aches and pains are common at the 12-14 day period. Suddenly the incision doesn't hurt nearly as much as the areas where my ovaries and cervix once were! The slightest touch sends me to the ceiling. Like some of you, I thought walking would help...went to the local mall yesterday..BIG MISTAKE...can barely walk today. And, like others, I've about finished off the local library. Talk about eye strain! Hang in there ladies. Seems all of us in the April 9-12 period are at about the same place.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register