Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Idid tell him that it was highly unlikely that I would get addicted that quickly, we shall see how it goes tonight. I am sleeping with a pillow as well, which seems to help my stomach feel a little more supportive. One day at a time....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 01:57 PM

Nicole...Sorry to hear about your latest bout. Did the doctor say How this happened?
Cheryl
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:01 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{Nicole}}}}}}}}Ohman, that just stinks! I'm so sorry for you, you really have had a tough time. Please vent here anytime and know that we are all thinking of you and wishing you the best. I found my son loved a special "snuggle time" tv show in the bed with me after my knee surgery when he was younger. Pick some dumb show they love and you can sort of tune out and enjoy their laughing.

East Coast Girls....I'm shivering along with you! Imagine our poor sister in Wisconson has this weather all the time! Yikes! My son is on a school trip to the National Seashore, hiking and doing outside nature study stuff. Brrrrrrrrrr.

CNurse...absolutely nothing wrong with taking a painkiller when you need it. I just took one. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to go to Ikea today with DH to plan the laundry room. Stopped at Home Depot too. I think I walked around for four hours. Not too smart, but it was fun.

Anybody I missed....blame it on the drugs. Love, love love and healing vibes to you all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM

Ok girls. I called the doctor and was told that odor is normal with a TVH... What do I do now. I don't go back for another 3 weeks yet. I had my 2 week last week and she said she didn't smell anything. Like I said it was not as strong as it is now. It smells almost like poo-- Not to gross you out I smelled the tissue... to make sure I was just not going crazy.. What do you all think I should do. I had a Bladder infection already. Just finished antibotics for that.

I would appreciate all you ropinons...

Cheryl,
I too am sorry that you are not feeling well again. I don't exactly know what it is that you have wrong with you, but I hope that it will not be such a bad experience and that you heal quickly! I will prayer for you!

Also, I don't think you can get hooked on pain meds that quickly. Tell your husband that if it was him, he would be popping two pills. Everyone knows that Men are bigger babies when it comes to pain.

Have a good day!
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:51 PM
3 weeks post-op

Wendesday will be my 3rd week on the road to recovery. Some days and times of the day are better than others but for the most part, I feel good.
I went in 1/23 bright and early, 6:00a.m. To get ready for my 7:15 surgury. Not sure what I was going to wake up to made it rather difficult for me and my DH. I had a colonoscopy the day before due to rectal pain.(I have Endo.)
Everything was good with that but the GI was still there in case any endo was found while in surgury. I was able to have a Lap. assited full vaginal (the DR wasn't sure if that would get everything found so he had prepared me that he might have to actually do a C-cut depending. Or if the GI had to take care of any issues.) I think that I went into my room around noon, but of course that whole day is really a big blur! The first thing that they were watching was the nausia(I got sick several times in the recovery room which I do no remember) but thankfully that was no longer an issue. Then the nurse was concerned about my very irregular heart beat(I have a small heart condition that for now they just have to watch but as I get older I will have to get on medication for.) Next came the issue with my oxygen levels dropping below 85.(Still really not sure what the normal level is supposed to be) Due to the anistisia(?) they could not put me on oxygen until 12hours post-op. That really sucked because all day the alarms kept going off and the nurse had to keep telling me to take slow deep breaths. Having slight asthma anyways, this got old quick. Even doing to breathing machine to prevent phemonia was hard to do! My husband brought my 3 children in to see me and that wasn't the best idea out there. My middle daughter was very upset to see me the way that I was and my youngest(3) cried for me most of that night. The next day went better and I spent most of the day sleeping. I was able to get up and walk with help after almost falling the first try! Due to how I was doing, I went home my second night there, @7ish that night. I am glad that I didn't have to stay there long because like most people, I much rather be at home! The DR said that he found endo on the wall of my bowels but not so much that the GI had to do anything. He also told my husband that my uterious was swollen and destended and would see what the reports would say at my 2 week post op.
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:10 PM

I was told week 3-4 I would start seeing the brownish spec discharge with a funny smell and that would be the dissolved stitches. that may be what your seeing.

Im sorry to hear a lot of you are having issues... Ill taken em all if you trade me 1 good hubby.
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Surgery went OK, still on pain

Hi girls!
I have my hyst. on January 22 and I'm still on pain.Well, is not really pain ,is only the sweeling and the burning feeling that I can't berely walk without pain.
Now I'm only waiting my Sweey Belly Band to arrive and I may feel better.
I can't remembered anything about my surgery day only starting the second day.
Hope you, girls feel better!
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:54 PM

Nicole sorry to hear about more surgery for you, that's hard

There was a study on morphine and opium for pain killers and the people on the study did NOT get hooked. The medication only took the edge off the pain. If you are in pain at night, take your medication. A good night's sleep does a lot of good for your body. Repairs to your body take place near the end of 7-8 hour sleep so everyone needs to have a good nights sleep. I think that part I liked most about my surgery was the 24 hour sleep I had afterwards. I sort of missed the most of the day following surgery. I only woke up for a few minutes at a time. Would that be cat waking that opposite of cat napping?

Regarding the bike riding, I am careful. There was no pressure of any kind on my abs when riding. I will not however, pick up any more grocery bags, except the ones with chocolate inside, as lifting is not fun.

Also, I think I just happen to be one fortunate to have a very quick recovery, partial due to the type of surgery I had. I ran into a lady who had TAVH and her mother had TAH. She said her mother recovered much quicker than she did.
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:13 PM

I am 3 wks postop today and for the last two days have felt completely awful. My stomach is hurting alot but I dont really know if its from my surgery. I am not constipated and I am passing gas. Just feel generally crappy all around. Insomina doesnt help.

Middleone, what kind of anesthetic did you have? I had a general anesthetic and I came out of recovery with oxygen on and had to wear it continously until I was discharged and even then my oxygen levels were only at 90%.
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:29 PM

Prcupcake- What kind of surgery did you have?

Ladies, I too have insomnia. If I get 4 hours sleep I am great and that usually is interupted...

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. We are expecting 9 inches of snow, with sleet and rain also... UGHH! I wish I were in Florida or Hawaii again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register