10 years cancer free 2015 - updated 2020, 15 years cancer free - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 years cancer free 2015 - updated 2020, 15 years cancer free 10 years cancer free 2015 - updated 2020, 15 years cancer free

Unread 09-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Re: 10 years cancer free

Congratulations on such a significant anniversary, SB sister! It always helps other "sisters" to read such a positive post <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB Sister View Post
Today is my 10th anniversary of my total hysterectomy as the treatment for uterine cancer. My diagnosis came to me on 7/7/05 and with the help of my amazing team of doctors, my gp, my ob/gyn, and a gyn/oncologist, my surgery was scheduled and completed on the morning of 7/29/05.

I am happy to say that through early diagnosis, thanks to the astute observations of my gp, I have been living cancer free for 10 years now.

In the days leading up to and following my surgery, HysterSisters was my anchor in positive reality. I couldn't have managed my emotional landscape as well without you. In the years since then, I have referred many women of all ages, faced with the daunting prospect of a total hysterectomy for varying reasons, to HysterSisters for valuable information, as well as peer support.

Thank you so much for all you did for me and continue to do for others.

Enjoying my grandchildren and retirement, SB Sister
Unread 09-11-2015, 05:47 AM

What a wonderful and hopeful post to read! So happy for you and I sure hope to be in your position one day!
Unread 09-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Hi SBSister,

Happy 10th Anniversary!!! Wow - what an amazing accomplishment!!! Thank you for thinking of your Hystersisters and posting such an uplifting thread. This gives all us newbies a goal to have in mind, work towards and pray for. Hope you celebrate! 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉
Unread 07-29-2020, 12:26 PM

Greetings my HysterSisters, wherever you are in treatment and on the planet in these trying times. Today marks 15 years cancer-free for me. First I want to thank HysterSisters for everything you do to ease our worried minds so we can concentrate on healing. You were invaluable then for me, and now for thousands of others. I send all of you reading this a pound of goodwill and tons of healing energy. Counting my blessings every day.

SB Sister
Unread 07-29-2020, 09:00 PM

Big CONGRATS and thanks for stopping by to let us know how you're doing. May you enjoy continued good health and all the best moving forward!

Unread 07-31-2020, 03:37 PM

Yayy! It’s so uplifting to read a post like yours!

Unread 08-05-2020, 03:23 AM

Wonderful, wonderful news! Thank you both for posting
Unread 08-17-2020, 08:20 AM

This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. I hope to reach that milestone someday. I had a recurrence this year after six years cancer free, so a little setback for me. Stay healthy and strong! Congratulations!
Unread 08-24-2020, 10:36 PM

Yay!!! So many congratulations to you!! Thank you so much for posting, this is so awesome : ). Sending lots of hugs to you & our fellow Hystersisters <3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register