mesh erosion repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues > Mesh Erosion Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

mesh erosion repair mesh erosion repair

Unread 10-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Question - mesh erosion repair mesh erosion repair

Wondering if anyone has had this problem, TAH 2009, vaginal vault suspenion 2010, repair of erosion 3 weeks ago 2011 and rectal prolapse repair. the dr. told my family after surg that the suspension had dropped, I had severe pain back in July which got better but have had erosion since the insertion of the mesh over 1 year ago--he stiiched it up this time and pulled it tighter along with the rectal prolapse repair-e thought it was my bladder but guess not--tierd of being in pain and taking off work every year...anyone have similiar experiences? new:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Re: mesh erosion repair

Hi khirsty, I'm going in for my 2 nd mesh revision this year after my original surgery and placement of the horrid stuff in Feb of this year. This surgery is also an exploration to find out the source of my pain as it is thought I have a mesh arm displacement or some kind of band or scar tissue that is causing the pain and maybe pulling the mesh up tight as I keep having urinary symptoms ,UTi's and even one developing into s kidney infection.
I've missed so much work, I'm nervous about job security. I went part time after my original surgery and it's a good thing too. Now I'm having to take off another 2 weeks. I've had 14 weeks off this year and still a couple of call in's beyond that. I'm just scared this surgery won't be the end of it.
Well good luck hope you have a full recovery and getter better everyday.
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:09 PM

My mesh eroded into my vagina. I was having bleeding after intercourse...this was the symptom. The doctor who implanted the mesh also removed it....all in one piece just the way it looked when implanted 10 years ago...I have now a complete vaginal vault prolapse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2018, 08:53 PM
mesh erosion repair

I just had another repair of mesh erosion 6-2018 a week ago exactly .the urogyn did it this time and I really feel much better . No more poking sensation and I Dan sleep on either side now or my stomach where before only on my right side ! Can I expect some prolapse to return ? Just scared that I may need more surgery’. Anyone have insight?
Unread 07-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debothe1 View Post
My mesh eroded into my vagina. I was having bleeding after intercourse...this was the symptom. The doctor who implanted the mesh also removed it....all in one piece just the way it looked when implanted 10 years ago...I have now a complete vaginal vault prolapse.
I am so sorry to hear this! I have a mesh attached to my pelvic bone...I was told that it was attached to abdomen but found out during a MRI 18 months in that that was a lie..on my medical record even. I have had bleeding, nausea, and pain. I feel for you.
Unread 02-06-2021, 09:53 AM
mesh erosion repair

Me too....it sucks and you are not alone. I was told the mesh they put in me was not the one seen on all the lawsuits. But I don’t care. No doctor should be allowed to put any type of vaginal mesh in. Ever.

I’m 44 and was very sexually active with my amazing husband. He’s still amazing but my sex drive is gone because my vagina burns all the time. It’s depressing.

And yes - tested for every infection on the planet. All negative and mesh can be seen on vaginoscopy.

I am considering just getting it all out but I need to hear from other women who have had it removed.

Stupid me didn’t find this site before the surgery. I would have never had this out in. Awful.

QUOTE=Khristy;3605952]Wondering if anyone has had this problem, TAH 2009, vaginal vault suspenion 2010, repair of erosion 3 weeks ago 2011 and rectal prolapse repair. the dr. told my family after surg that the suspension had dropped, I had severe pain back in July which got better but have had erosion since the insertion of the mesh over 1 year ago--he stiiched it up this time and pulled it tighter along with the rectal prolapse repair-e thought it was my bladder but guess not--tierd of being in pain and taking off work every year...anyone have similiar experiences? new:[/quote]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register