Vaginal Hysterectomy - Chronic bleeding & clotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Hysterectomy - Chronic bleeding & clotting Vaginal Hysterectomy - Chronic bleeding & clotting

Unread 06-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Vaginal Hysterectomy - Chronic bleeding & clotting

Hi there ladies,
This is what happend to me, with lead up to hyst in 2005
We went on a family camp, with many other mum's & children. We did some light exercise, which blood was pouring down my legs, I was so embarrassed ! One day i had a blood clot bigger than the surf board ( pad ) I wrapped it all up made an appointment with GP, and it was just put in the bin, I was told "your getting older " i was only young. Another time I was going to visit a friend, which i had to put petrol in the car, when i could feel a HUGE blood clot fall out, ewwww, i had to change at servo, oh my gosh, it was just like a human heart, it made me throw up, bleeding is ment to be a natural woman thing, but that's no where normal
There was heaps & heaps of other times also !

I had that bleeding from 1st January for around 3 months, when it stopped i went to GP to have a pap smear test, i explained that i'm always soaked with blood & millions of blood clots, for a few months at the least ! It would be around 92 + each time, only stopping for 3-5 days, it was out of control !!!!

When GP did pap smear test, it was said " some thing is wrong here " and i was given a re-feral to out-patient clinic hospital.
There i went to having ultra sound, which showed nothing ! An Iron test, which came back my Iron was only 1.5 omg !
I then had another appointment which i had to cancel to due flu & bleeding again, which they had given me Provera to take for women with endo ( cant spell it, sorry
which blood was still pouring out 12 days later, which should have stopped in 4 days ! I was still cleaning the base of the shower, which i had been doing for over 15 years even before my first child, which now i have 4.

At the next appoinment I said I want to have a hysterectomy, and abominal which the woman agreed to. I was told it was a 5 day stay, hmm was way more tho I was told it is a simple procedure, but there's a waiting list of 3 months.

2 weeks later the phone rang, its was a woman from the hospital saying I had an appointment that day ! I said what the heck lol, I said no, there was a waiting list of 3 months & I hadn't received any letter which i was told i would ! She said oh no, we have it here, forgot to post it off !!!! Well I should have ran a mile then !
She asked if I could come in the next day for a pre-admission appointment, I said no, i have kids to take to school, wouldn't be there till around 1030am. And that's around the time I arrived.

I seen the bloke, who said I was very young to be having a hysterectomy 33 yrs old at the time ! I said I need some quality of life !!! I've had bleeding for over 15 years ! I said i want to have it done & abdomanal as I had 2 c/sections, I want my stomach cut & I think I have endo so if you cut my stomach & I have it, it will save alot of time & drama !!!
He agreed on this & said yes we go will this way.

On the 2nd of August I had to be a hospital at 7 am, had a nurse do a few things, put tights on me, take blood pressure etc.

I said see ya later to my friends & I was wheeled away on bed. I woke up in re-covery all I hear a nurse say was if we don't need the 50 mls of blood we can just thro it way, oh I felt really really unwell !!!!! I remeber telling my friends some thing was VERY WRONG !!!!! I was left for 2 days, with a bloke telling me I need to have another operation ! I just looked at him, didn't even grasp what he was saying, holding my stomach in shocking pain !!!!!
On the 4th of August I had major bladder surgery, got no idea why, as i was NEVER told the reason !!!!! I wasn't given the abdominal hysterectomy, with so many times of telling them that's what I needed to have ! It was all done vaginally !!!!

I was in hospital for 2 weeks, had 2 cuts on both my sides coming out both sides with hoses in them, had 34 staples, which were removed 10 & 11 days later, as they killed to get out & i had them taken out in 2 lots with pain relief !!!!! My stomach was HUGE & VERY RED INDEED !!!! Looked pregnant again !

I went home for a few days, but wasn't well at all, the nurse came & apparently the ambulance took me back to hospital. Where i had blood tests, needing a drip staright way & MRI, which found i had a colletion in my lower stomach ! So i was then in hospital for another 2 weeks

For the whole time I was in hospital I was left in URINE UP TO MY NECK, as the staff wouldn't change my sheets, I had millions of bed sore all over my legs & back, which a friend bought cream to put on me, as they refused !!!! It was so sore & black, oh it was a mess !!!! I had to cut of my long hair, due to it not being brushed. Wasn't allowed to eat for a few weeks, I was soooo skinny, looked dead !!!! So many many more things, the list go on..........

I have had many tests done now 2008, nearly 3 years later !!!

I have a disability from this surgery, due to severe permanent Nerve damage in 20 + places all on my right side, from nearly my knee to half way up my ribs ! All across my back. I have severe Spinal damage from half way down my back !!! I walk with a limp, which is shocking, people always stare !!!! I have over 800 + stitches inside my stomach that will never come out, a HUGE scar from my belly button down, my bladder now ONLY holds 27 mls, and I have NO FEELING AT ALL when I go to the toilet, I have to listen for drops, which is VERY FRUSTRATING ! Also problems with my bowels and the lists go on.................

Oh what I have learnt a while ago, is what the blokes did in operating room, was sewed all of my bladder to the bottom half of my body which has resulted in all the problems !!!!!!!!!! NEVER BEEN HEARD OF BEFORE !!!!!!

And all I get told is to stop being ANGRY !!!! Unreal & not ever will that happen !!!

Not only have they wrecked my life, but my kids also. We use to bike ride & have a kick of the footy every day, we did soooooo many things, but can not do them any more !!!!

There are many ant more things, but i don't wont to bore you all.
All i have to say, is I went for 1 SIMPLE operation, and came a a millions +++ times worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, well I will leave it at this V8 Chikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register