bummed out, postponed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bummed out, postponed bummed out, postponed

Unread 03-04-2005, 10:34 AM
bummed out, postponed

Well, I knew something would happen to upset my mental preparediness. My doctor called this morning and said there were some issues with my EKG that she didn't like and wants me to see a cardiologist. So my Monday 7th surgery is POSTPONED............and I was all set mentally.

But I guess there is a reason for everything that happens. So I won't get into the cardiologist until March 16th............so I will have to change my surgery date to a question mark now until I find out what other problems I have.

But I wish and still pray for those that are going in on the 7th the best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2005, 12:21 PM
bummed out, postponed

Hey Diane,

I totally understand. I too got postponed just days before surgery. It sure does something to the mind, doesn't it? I had actually calmed down and had felt focused about my surgery when they called and told me that my gyn. had fell and broke his ankle. "They will call me", was what they told me. In the mean time, what am I suppose to be doing????:hair: Sorry to hear about you EKG. Hopefully things will turn out to be ok. Let us know what the cardiologist says.

Try not to stress to much.....
Donna
Unread 03-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Sorry for postponement

Hi, Diane,

So sorry your surgery has been postponed. I hope the problem with EKG is not serious and things will be a "go" again soon.

One possitive: You have had a preparedness dress rehearsal and came through with flying colors. Now you know you can do it!

Please take care of yourself and keep us posted. We are here for you, anytime!

Cinderellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2005, 06:50 PM
bummed out, postponed

thanks for your support and care. This may sound funny, but I was actually about half ticked off that I had to postpone. (that probably sounds absurd to some, don't it?) I am going to try to keep good thoughts in my head, keep praying, and hope that the cardiologists says that things will still be okay to go ahead with the surgery.

I do have mitral valve prolapse, which I have had for some time, I also know that I have a small heart murmur. I just hope that the EKG didn't show anything more serious to be concerned with. The doctor rattled off some "mumbo jumbo" words that probably had about 20 letters to each one. (none of which I knew what it meant). She did ask if I had ever had chest pain. I said not that I knew of or could remember. I do get pain once in a blue moon that feels like it is in my lung area, so who knows.

well, I will keep you all posted and how things go.

thanks again
Unread 03-04-2005, 07:01 PM
bummed out, postponed

I hate when that happends! I am sorry you have to wait to have your surgery, but at least they are cautious about the matter. Your heart defects could be causing the EKG issues too. I hope it's nothing serious and is treatable! Good Luck!
Unread 03-04-2005, 08:12 PM
bummed out, postponed

I'm right there with you, girl!

I was cancelled yesterday too! My insurance company wants me to try more avenues before they will authorize. I am believed to have adeno (lots of pelvic pain, irregular bleeding, large uterus). Problem is, it's not easily diagnosed until after surgery pathology is done....

I will definitely pray for good results with your EKG!

Sisters in mental preparedness breakdown......
Unread 03-04-2005, 11:07 PM
bummed out, postponed

My surgery was postponed the day before the surgery due to a bad EKG report. I managed to see the cardiologist the next day and was able to get clearance right away. I have two leaky valves and an atypical rhythm which looks like a heart attack on the EKG. The echocardiogram showed the defects and verufied that I had not had a silent heart attack. The cardiologist assured me that everything was fine for the surgery.

This is the title to a posting I made previously: Pre-Op testing - Failed EKG and Chest X-ray. You can find it by doing a search for my postings under my profile.

Good luck!!
Unread 03-05-2005, 12:20 AM
bummed out, postponed

Hi,
I was just postposed too - I know the feeling. You get yourself mentally prepared for it... and just want to get it over with... then delay. I was postposed from March 8th to March 22. My docs are testing for a bleeding disorder, von Willebrands, and test for psuedcolonesterase deficiency (sp?). I guess it's all for the best - they will know how to pre-medicate me, etc., beforehand. Better have more information than none!!! I hope you get rescheduled soon, and well on your way to recovery!!!!
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:46 AM
bummed out, postponed

thanks to all. I am glad that the doctor noticed something beforehand so as to make sure that everything will be okay when I do have the surgery.

I will keep everyone updated as soon as I find out more info. I am praying that it is something simple and that I will be re-scheduled.

One good laugh my hubby and I got last night, I showed him some underwear that I bought (bigger size for the swelly belly) to wear after the surgery. he said "no way",,,,,,,,,I said yes.........we got really laughing...............it helps.

thanks again to all of you
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:44 AM
bummed out, postponed

Diane,

Sorry to hear about your surgery being postponed. I hope and pray that your EKG, turns out to be nothing serious. Keep us posted

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register