Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 07-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Had surgery Tuesday @ 11:30, took about 3 hours and was in recovery for 45 minutes. DH stayed until about 8:30 and came back about 2:00 next day. Was released at 2:15 and home we came. Can stand, walk, and recline but sitting for any length of time and changing positions is painful. Pain is the same as after my forceps delivery but I have stronger pain meds this time. I ended up with 7 laprascopic incisions, belly button, two on either side of belly button (slightly lower), two at the bikini line and surprise - two on my buttocks about 2-3 inches from my anus ..tmi sorry... with a lot bruising. He also redid episiotomy scar. No wonder sitting hurts!!

Biggest problem is gas in my intestines, I'll be glad when I have a bm no matter how much it hurts. Next biggest problem is getting dd and ds to help, especially 16 yo dd. I don't need a lot of help but do need someone to get me a drink occasionally or do chores. Third biggest problem is changing positions, especially standing up. This is getting easier.

Tomorrow should be better, I 'll probably try to go down the second flight of stairs and go for a longer walk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 04:19 AM

Came home yesterday and am doing as well as can be expected. Didn't realize I'd be sore literally all over my body. I think it's from using every muscle in my body except stomach muscles to get in/out of bed.
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Home and Doing Great

Had my surgery done at 7:30 am was in recovery for 2hrs, waiting for them to find me a room. DH has been a prince and stayed at the hops. with me the whole time. WHAT A SWEETHEART! Doc did a TLVH. Am feeling great, except for some minor belly button pain. Best wishes to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Don't feel like a princess

I'm moody & cranky, tired of all the pain. Don't feel like a princess, the kids were screaming at me when I got home, do this do that. I asked my husband for something to eat, he said I'll have to wait he's gotta get my stuff from the car. I need to eat every few hrs or I bottom out, itd been bout 5. I was getting sick, so I just did it myself & then it progressed from there. What is wrong with me? Why am I such a cry baby? Why is there so much pain? I over did it today & know that. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow...\\

p.s. July 24th 7":30 am I had my surgery. She said it took longer than 3 hrs. (they thought it would be less than 3). She said my cervix had dysplasia & a soggy uterus that was very large, plus a golf ball sized uterine fibroid. All & all I feel so much inside, it's like I lost 50 lbs or something. I can actually lay on my back which has been the case in years.
Unread 07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Feeling better tnite have stitches i'm curious about

I was feeling bad today I over did it. Tnite I feel some better, but just curious.

I had a hysterectomy (took out cervix & uterus), rectocele, cystocele. They put back my uretha & my bladder & rectum. I have a 1-2 inch scare in my navel. 2 spots above my hair line where they went in. But I don't understand the 2 inch long stitches on either side of my groin. What is this?

I'm bleeding some & have a stinky white/yellowish discharge from my stitches on the groin area..
Unread 07-27-2007, 08:58 PM

Hi all,

Linda from Queensland, Australia here. Just came home this morning after my TAH on Monday morning, 23rd July. Apparently I had two huge fibroids, not just one and lots of little ones, but blood work was normal so nothing to worry about. I threw up after the PCA morphine, but apparently everyone in my hospital ward did that day, so I may as well keep up with the girls. On Tuesday, cathether, Oxygen, drip and drain were all taken away. That was fine, but for the drain. Nurse forgot to give me pain relief and I felt like my insides were slowly being dragged out through a tiny, tiny hole. Phew!! But hey I survived.

Was given an enema on Thursday night due to horrendous wind pain. Plenty of gas, but up until the enema, absolutely no action. Felt like everything had been rearranged. Good news was that eventually all went well and BM occurred, although it was rather like giving birth.

Since then, it's all relatively plain sailing. Been walking slow and steady, drinking heaps and looking after myself. Pain is virtually gone most of the time, just bad when going to sit or stand. DH is fabulous and kids not too bad either. Started HRT today, Livial, so will see how it goes. Thanks for messages I've received already.

Cheers,
Tullyoh!
Unread 07-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Home and doing pretty well

Hi everyone!
Right now it is 2:46 am on Saturday morning (waiting for pain meds to kick in before I get back in bed) Had my hyst on Thursday the 26th. Went into surgery at 2:15 and woke up in my room at around 5:30. It went pretty well and I am so glad to have it done. I had a total lap hyster, both ovaries and tubes gone also. My uterus was the size of a 4 month pregnancy, which kind of made me feel validated, like , no wonder I felt the way I did! Full of fibroids. I think the most pain I have is when my bladder is full. the doc said I had a lot of scar tissue on the bladder (from c-section 18 years ago) and some tissue was connected to the intestines. Ick. She cleaned it up so I guess it is a little bruised. Have not had a bm yet but have been thankful to pass some gas here and there. Got up to go to the bathroom at 1:00 am and took my first dose of gas-x. Things are really moving in there but just can't quite make it out. I hurt more on Friday than I did Thursday, and the doc said I'd probably hurt a little more on Saturday, and then start improving. I'm keeping the vicodin at every 5 hours and am doing okay that way.
I'm so glad to have this done and can't wait until I am completely healed and can actually feel myself suck my stomach in again (and have it actually go in! )
The waiting was definetely the absolute worst part!
DH has and is being just wonderful. I am so blessed. I'm just going to focus on taking it easy for the next two weeks so I can feel good again. Its been so long since I've felt good, I can't wait!
Unread 07-28-2007, 01:04 AM

Lkngood65 -

Sounds like you might have some infection at the stitches site. I'd get a hold of the doctor on call and let them know this weekend.
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Forgive me ~ double post

I am a tad dyslexic and read the forum title as -July 23 and not july23- I thought my week was not open yet (derf!)

I am re-posting here:

<quote>
I assume this thread will be moved when it's set up so I just wanted to put a quick post here to let you know I made it! You can view my full experience here: Made it through to the other side! which is posted in "pre-op - tell your hyster story".

July 28, 2007 ~ Day 5 (If Tuesday counts)
I'm doing great so far! I was up all day yesterday from 5am until about 11:30 pm. I got up again at 5:30 this morning to go check the fox traps (initial post explains why) but the darn thing hasn't returned to the scene of the crime.

My horses really missed me and I had to fuss at them to back off just a bit so they wouldn't accidentally bump me.

I am not picking stuff up but I am walking allot. It's a fairly large farm so just making my rounds covers allot of ground. I have to come in and rest just because my stitches are uncomfortable.

I guess it's safe to tell our families what I had done ~ the only people who know I had surgery are my co-workers (there are only 3), my neighbor (who is also my coworker and babysitter) and my SIL (who is a RN and also scheduled for a TVA in September). I just wasn't ready to discuss this with parents and in -laws because I didn't want to deal with visitors and phone calls. I know that sounds bad but I am a very private person who likes to talk on my schedule ( like on a computer at 6 am)

Anyway, all is well at this stage of the game. My only complaint is trying not to obsess about the fields growing tall ~ I will be begging my Dr for a release to operate my tractor before being able to drive my truck!!! Ack!
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:49 AM

Hey, feeling better today. Got some rest. I WENT

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register