Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020

Unread 07-19-2020, 03:20 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020

Hi, my surgery was on the 15th to removed my uterus, Cervix and tubes due to heavy painful periods, adenomyosis, and fibroids. Surgery was a success but more involved than dr thought since uterus was bigger than we thought, one fibroid was larger than thought and in a bad placement, I had a lot of scar tissue from my previous c section and I had enopdo metrics that we didn’t know I had. He was not able to remove all the endo as so,w was on a major blood vessel but we will discuss meds to kill the rest at my post op appointment. I came home on the 16tha and have been trying to rest, walk and do breathing exercises when I can, I am still on my pain meds which are Percocet and motron 600mg. The abdominal pain is noticably better today and onIy when I am moving around or the gas is moving or trapped. I am wearing a binder when I can for afdded support. However I am having horrendous headaches or migraines that are not letting up since I have been home, they are constant and the pain meds only seem to take the edge off them for about an hour or two max. The pain is in my head, neck and shoulders. The headaches are really the one thing I felt unprepared for and it’s making recovery much harder.

Glad to see that everyone seems to be healing well this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2020, 04:37 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 13-Jul 19,2020

Hi , I had my surgery jul 18 2pm it took 5 hours and 2 on recovery , the only left are my ovaries , I’m 33 years old and had the plan to be with child by the end of this year, but oh well life is never what you expect .
I when to the doctor by Jun 23 th because a every 15 days periods and lest off a month after here I am cancer b1b with a abdominal hysterectomy, pelvic lymphatic nods removal and partial vaginectomy.

I have urinal tube and drain for blood , a lot of pain medicine but still no totally comfortable I feel like a have a brick on my stomach. And I’m scare of the pathology resolute the will be ready on 4 days . Because of covid only my husband can be Hery mom is not allow and is hard go tru this with out my mom at room , even when hobby has been the best. I’m not a social network person so is good to read you all in here and have a especie to exprese my self , you all are strong and beautiful woman’s
Unread 07-19-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsyk View Post
My LAVH surgery was on July 17. I was wondering how much walking I should be doing each day.
I am wondering the same! Today is day 6 for me so I am moving around really well on my own in the last few days have been taking short walks on the street. Each day just naturally gets a little faster. My spotting resumed or worsened after the longer walk so I was wondering if I overdid it or if I should just continue pushing through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_d_henry View Post
Hi, my surgery was on the 15th to removed my uterus, Cervix and tubes due to heavy painful periods, adenomyosis, and fibroids. Surgery was a success but more involved than dr thought since uterus was bigger than we thought, one fibroid was larger than thought and in a bad placement, I had a lot of scar tissue from my previous c section and I had enopdo metrics that we didn’t know I had. He was not able to remove all the endo as so,w was on a major blood vessel but we will discuss meds to kill the rest at my post op appointment. I came home on the 16tha and have been trying to rest, walk and do breathing exercises when I can, I am still on my pain meds which are Percocet and motron 600mg. The abdominal pain is noticably better today and onIy when I am moving around or the gas is moving or trapped. I am wearing a binder when I can for afdded support. However I am having horrendous headaches or migraines that are not letting up since I have been home, they are constant and the pain meds only seem to take the edge off them for about an hour or two max. The pain is in my head, neck and shoulders. The headaches are really the one thing I felt unprepared for and it’s making recovery much harder.

Glad to see that everyone seems to be healing well this week.
Have you called the doctor about the headaches? That's not been an issue for me... Honestly when I said outside a little bit one day I had a tiny headache and I think it was just allergies / sinuses. With all the painkillers I don't even know if I would have noticed a normal headache! I hope you're feeling better!
Unread 07-19-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsyk View Post
My LAVH surgery was on July 17. I was wondering how much walking I should be doing each day.
You can do as much walking as feels comfortable to you as long as your Dr. didn't put any restrictions on you. If you feel more fatigue or pain then it's too much. In the first few days you might only be able to walk to the kitchen and back and that's OK. Do what feels comfortable to you. Then slowly start adding in more as your energy picks up.
Unread 07-19-2020, 10:16 AM

No, I haven’t. I was planning to send a message via his portal this evening so they get it Monday morning if they had not subsided. I had read it could be from dehydration so I have been trying to drink plenty of fluids. My urine has was lighter yesterday so I know I am getting a better water intake but the headaches persisted.
Unread 07-19-2020, 10:30 AM

I’m 5 days post op and feeling pretty good today. I started wearing the binder a lot and that really helps with the belly jiggle and holding things in. My belly is SOOOO huge! No bleeding yet and I just stopped taking my narcotics - relying on 800mg ibuprofen unless a need a little help. My back is super sore and I’m still waking really slow. Try to take 3 tiny walks to the corner each day and start adding a tiny bit of distance each day. Still have belly pains And get tired easily but most of the gas is out thank goodness! I still haven’t pooped!!!! Taking half a cap of miralax twice a day with stool softeners.
Unread 07-19-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me. Rukia View Post
I’m plugging away here. Today I felt more uncomfortable than the other days so far. I’m taking minimal pain meds which is good, but it does mean I feel a bit more sore. My catheter is still a pain but I still have quite a few days before it comes out. I managed a shower today that felt great. I’m eating small amounts but don’t have much of an appetite yet.
Still get tired very fast. I regularly get up and move and reposition. I’m really looking forward to my abdomen not being so stinking sore.
I’m glad everyone seems to be doing well!
Make sure you stay on top of the pain by taking enough medications to help with it. If you let the pain get to be too much it gets harder to get it back under control. I had to take my prescribed pain meds for 10 days. Also, the fatigue is very common. Your body just went through MAJOR surgery. It can last for a while. I never realized just how much this surgery takes out of you. So don't feel guilty for resting a lot.
Unread 07-19-2020, 11:40 AM

I see a lot of you have itchy areas. I found 2 amazing products that help with that. You don't need a prescription. It's a spray Benadryl or spray hydrocortisone/anti-itch spray. You get them by the bandage section in the store. You just put a spray NEAR the itching area and it's gone! I wouldn't spray it directly onto your bandage or incision but just next to it. It'll work it's way over there
I just found that oral Benadryl helped but made me very sleepy but the spray gets right to the area that needs it.
Unread 07-19-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernanda1234 View Post
Hi , I had my surgery jul 18 2pm it took 5 hours and 2 on recovery , the only left are my ovaries , I’m 33 years old and had the plan to be with child by the end of this year, but oh well life is never what you expect .
I when to the doctor by Jun 23 th because a every 15 days periods and lest off a month after here I am cancer b1b with a abdominal hysterectomy, pelvic lymphatic nods removal and partial vaginectomy.

I have urinal tube and drain for blood , a lot of pain medicine but still no totally comfortable I feel like a have a brick on my stomach. And I’m scare of the pathology resolute the will be ready on 4 days . Because of covid only my husband can be Hery mom is not allow and is hard go tru this with out my mom at room , even when hobby has been the best. I’m not a social network person so is good to read you all in here and have a especie to exprese my self , you all are strong and beautiful woman’s
Hello and welcome. I wish the best for your pathology report!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register