I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Re: I am a mess

Hang in there NotBrave,
Everything is going to be fine. Positive thoughts will help. Trust your doc and ask lots of questions. Write them down so you don't forget. Use this site, it's so helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM

All of you are so right! I don't think it is wrong to take our health and life for granted in the good times because we can't go around thinking there is something terrible behind every bush just ready to consume us but at the same time it is times like this we draw closer to the Lord. It reminds us and we grow and we learn to balance the way we look at life.

I am and will continue to pray for you both. When we are past this shadowy bend in the road we will rejoice together in the sunlight.

Never doubt in the dark what you know to be true in the light.

The next time I am panicing please tell me what I wrote here : )

Love you!
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar68 View Post
((HUGS)) I am here for you as I need people for me right now too! I am going through something similar. I have a 20 cm mass that is going to be removed along with everything else any minute now. I am in limbo because I got the flu in between my biopsies Monday and my CT scan tomorrow. My first gyno visit, had a week lag in getting back test results. I had an elevated ca125. Nobody called for another week to give me that number, then I was sent on to a Gyno/Onco who has been a breath of fresh air!
She called me with my cervical and endometrial biopsies in 24 hours when she said it would be 3. I have no signs of cancer in my cells so we are gong to proceed with a total hysterectomy and hope for no surprises. The suspicion of Ovarian cancer has not been completely tossed out so like you, I am just sitting here trying not to think of the worst and focusing on all the good.
There is nothing, I have discovered, like really thinking your life is on the line. My friends and family have covered me with a love umbrella, it helps so much, I know that until it is all over I will not rest completely but lean on your friends, family and this board as heavily as you want to or need too. You are in the right company for comfort and understanding.

ETA I am having the "old fashioned" kind of surgery too. I wish I was able to have it another way because it seems it is much easier to recover from and less possibility of complications.
I am praying! I will keep praying! This is going to be the best thing so that you can move on.

I know it is so scary but let the medical staff do their job as you relax in their ability, knowing that the Lord is the Great Physician and he is guiding them every step of the way.

Let us know the latest when you can.

Love you daer one.
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM

Hi Ladies, I am praying for all of you. I know this is a scary time but I believe that you all will be fine. Take a deep breath and try to relax. God has this!

muffn, thanks for the encouraging words. I know everything will be ok with my Dr's appointment next week. I am ready to get official word that I am healing well.

Keep coming here for reassurance and support, I know I will.

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:52 PM

I think you are actually being very brave-- brave enough to discuss it and pray!
I know how you feel about getting the process moving. I camped out at my primary doctor's office the day of my Ultrasound, until she took time to read my results and set me up with her best surgeon LOL! (Actually she was wonderful enough to put down her lunch and see me there on the spot-- she could tell that I had read my ultrasound report and that I was visibly upset) She and I both knew before the ultrasound that I would need a hysterectomy-- since my uterus was 3 times its normal size--but she needed the report to be able to schedule w the surgeon. I was lucky enough to get in to my surgeon today--(my ultrasound was just 2 days ago) and he was great enough to set my date for me, in 5 weeks, so that I can start my planning and preparing. I know that as soon as your date is actually set, that you will be able to calm down some. I felt like a weight had been lifted after I left with the appointment date in my hand. If you have a good relationship with your primary doctor, explain to them how anxious this waiting is making you-- maybe there is something they can do! I really don't know why you have to have the biopsy first-- they are going to biopsy all of my fibroids and cysts, plus my lining, after it is removed. Camping out at the DR office works-- LOL- or at least it did for me
I am praying for you--- that God will give you overwhelming peace and favor with your doctor to get your process moving!!!
Hugs and Love! Remember, this too shall pass!!!
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:58 AM

I am 34, and scheduled for April 20. This time next week I'll be just a teeny bit lighter. My doctor didn't give me much information I could take home, but he talks ALOT and has taken some time to explain the things I could realistically expect. One of the worst aspects of the situation is the waiting and what ifs. When things are more certain they seem much easier to wrap your head around. I too have days when I cry a river, when all I can think about is that darn uterus! In my case I have a confirmed Cervical Cancer diagnosis - and a question of Vulval Cancer hanging over my head. After four previous surgeries I know this is all there is left for me. You are not a baby, and I can promise that even the 'strongest' of personalities struggles with these emotions at one time or another. But in seeking support you have done the right thing, it will help your physical recovery no end to know that there are people so willing to help you through your emotional healing. I hope that your questions are soon answered so that you may begin the process with certainty, and I have everything crossed that this surgery is all you need to cure what ails you.
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Ok I think I am a crazy person. I work for a doctor (radiologist). He did my US and MRI. The reports were simply about the fibroids that appeared benign and that the lining was thicker than what ever normal is. He recoomended a biopsy and the saga began.

I had the D&C and camera scope on Tuesday. My doctor was very positive that all was well. She even wrote on the camera pictures that the endremetrium looks normal. My boss (the radiologist) doesn't think cancer either BUT ...

Since it is Friday he called the lab about 4:00 PM. They checked on it and a lab clerk called back to say it wasn't signed off but when it was they would fax it over. I hung around for awhile but now I am home. My boss had to leave the office because he had to be somewhere.

There is a technologist at my office until 8:00 PM tonight (and all week-end). He is watching the fax machine and will call me.

Here is why I am a crazy woman .......... I am all a mess again! I am thinking ... what if my doctor is wrong and thoughts like that. I'm scared all over again.

I just don't know why I am so weak. I'm sorry I am so needy ladies.
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM

GOOD NEWS !!!!!

Negative for hyperplasia and malignacy !!!

Praise God!

More later.

Thank you so much everyone for all the support and prayers!
Unread 04-13-2012, 07:39 PM

That is wonderful news! Now try to relax and enjoy your weekend! I just got back from my ct scan so we will know by Monday if this huge mass is attached or just floating around. This was my last thing to so before surgery.
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:44 PM

That is great news! I am so happy for you!

Lots of (((hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register