I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 04-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Re: I am a mess

not brave. since you are past menapause you may have no effects but nothing and i do mean nothing replaces your own hormonse and what they do. im not a doctor and that is just my belief if there is nothing wrong with them then why take them. if you are at risk for cancer then i would. i would talk more indepth with your docts and get the in's and outs. at your age you proably dont have to many hormones left but they still produce some. and for me i can tell you i wish i never had mine out but i am 46. it has been hell for me and i hate hrt it only makes some of the symtoms eaiser. i wasnt a lucky one that the hrt worked for, and there is alot of us out there going through things far worse than when we had it. just my personal view. i dont understand if there is no need to take ovaries why they do. i dont think alot of docts understand the true meaning of surgical menapause. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM

Not brave I am 58 and decided to keep my ovaries as I was concerned about menopausal symptoms. The doctor says she can do regular ultrasounds to check ovaries as I have the cancer concern in my brain.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM

Well this morning I just want to cry my heart out. I AM SCARED. I am scared of not waking up. I am scared of complications. I am scared of narcotics. I am scared of all the prep. I am scared of what the pain will be like. I AM NOT AT ALL BRAVE ! HELP !!
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:38 AM
I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBrave View Post
Well this morning I just want to cry my heart out. I AM SCARED. I am scared of not waking up. I am scared of complications. I am scared of narcotics. I am scared of all the prep. I am scared of what the pain will be like. I AM NOT AT ALL BRAVE ! HELP !!
Not Brave...take a deep breath.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, pland to give you hope and a future."

Praing for you today that you will find hope and peace as you wait and this fearful anguish will be removed from you.

Find something happy and good to look forward to beyond this surgery. Have lunch with a family member or friend. Do something nice for yourself today. ((((HUGS))))
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:20 PM

Yes you are brave..... And this normal
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:52 PM

Brave my surgery is coming up Thursday and I am dealing with a multitude of worries aside from my total hysterectomy (everything is going). I had an elevated CA125 so I have to see if I have ovarian cancer. There is also a possiblity of my bowel and bladder being affected by all this mess.
I have been told that is is better to of gone through menopause then have the hysterectomy. I will be going through surgical menopause. I will have nothing left in me to produce hormones. I am nervous about that too. I understand being afraid of the hormone replacements etc. My age is relatively young so I worry because I will be on them possibly 40 yrs and that to me just makes way more time for complications from the hormone replacement.
I just want you to know you are VERY normal and it is very natural to be afraid of surgery, any surgery. This one is a major one for all of us no matter what method or level we are having.
Just hang in there and know that you have had positive results so far and will do just fine!
((HUGS))
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBrave View Post

Not waking up almost never happens.

Any complications that could possibly happen have pretty easy "fixes", they have these surgeries down to a science these days and have seen everything by this point, which means they are very good at NOT making mistakes and knowing how to fix them should it happen. The # given to me by my surgeon was 99% have no complications ie" surgery wise.

Narcotics are nothing to be afraid of. I have read over and over nobody is going to need them past 2 weeks and it is impossible to get addicted to them in that time frame. They use opiods which are safer. The only trouble you will have is if you WAIT for pain to take them or too afraid to take them and put yourself in unnecessary misery.

The prep is all painless. If you have been shaved, had an IV, taken pills or did a bowel cleanse then you know what to expect. There should be no surprises. Just remember that, it is all pretty routine.

I hope this helped you a little bit. I hate seeing how scared you are.
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Not brave the last post hit it right on. No need to fear alot of us only needed motrin. And she was right take it before pain and you will have very lil. I wish I could hug you right now. So im sending you one via angel. Lol
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar68 View Post

Any complications that could possibly happen have pretty easy "fixes", they have these surgeries down to a science these days and have seen everything by this point, which means they are very good at NOT making mistakes and knowing how to fix them should it happen. The # given to me by my surgeon was 99% have no complications ie" surgery wise.

Narcotics are nothing to be afraid of. I have read over and over nobody is going to need them past 2 weeks and it is impossible to get addicted to them in that time frame. They use opiods which are safer. The only trouble you will have is if you WAIT for pain to take them or too afraid to take them and put yourself in unnecessary misery.

The prep is all painless. If you have been shaved, had an IV, taken pills or did a bowel cleanse then you know what to expect. There should be no surprises. Just remember that, it is all pretty routine.

Yes this did help me! I have read it many times. I hate being this scared and anxious. It just hangs over me. In spite of what I just wrote I AM doing better than I was initially.

What happens thru the night at the hospital?

Will I want my iPod?

How do you get in and out of bed when you have a 5 inch (or more) incision?

How long until they have me get up to walk?

How long do they leave the catheter in?

Help! Help!! <----- : )
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar68 View Post

OH MY GOSH !! I just saw that your date is today! Oh I so hope you are doing well. I will be praying for you! My love goes out to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register