Any May sisters out there? - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Any May sisters out there?

I am 8 days post-op. My hubbby stayed both nights at the hospital with me. He's great. It was nice having someone there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:18 PM

I'm home too! I had my LAVH on May 9th, and I was afraid going in too, but it wasn't that bad at all. I came home the next day, so today has been my first full day home. There is only a little pain near my incisions and some pain from the gas they used in my shoulder, but I've been taking ibuprofen and that's really helping a lot. I've been drinking lots of fluids and getting up to walk whenever I can. I just took my first walk outside, only a very short way, but I could tell I'm a little shaky yet. I'm still feeling much better then I thought I would, and everything went better than I could have imagined. I think it was finally getting some good sleep last night that helped a lot.

I hope all of you have been through this and those who are still waiting, are doing well too. My thoughts are with all of you!

Candy
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:20 PM

so blessed
I had DH stay with me the whole time. I wouldn't have done it any other way. Sometimes nurses are busy and its nice to always have someone there in a moment if you need them, instead of having to wait, possibly in pain. For me, yes, the gas was horrible..sorry but it is the truth. It isn't for everyone, you may be different, but when your intestines wake up all I can say is mine were really mad at me. Make sure they are ready to give you the gas meds, maybe ask if they will be available when you need them. My gas was worse than the surgery. If it wasn't for the gas it would have been a lot easier...also, if I had known the pain was from gas, as I didn't know it was gas pains, I would have asked as soon as I felt my 1st rumble for the gas meds.
Hope this helps...you will make it...
Hugs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:48 PM

The gas pains in my shoulder were so bad at first that I could hardly move my arm. I wasn't using it much though, I was still on the morphine at that time! The pain is now more annoying than anything, and slowly going away.

It's so nice that your DH was there with you. The nurses where I was were so busy too, but they didn't make me wait long if I needed anything. What was really nice is that in the castle I was at, all the patient rooms are singles, so it was nice to have that privacy.

The nurses also told me that it was good to pass gas, but I was ready to tell them at one point that it was not fun to feel that pain! Once I got up and walked around though, things felt so much better. I think all the water I drank helped too.
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Violet, it's really not that bad! This is my 2nd full day to be up and around. I haven't snoozed much but I've taken it easy. I get up when I can and sort of make my rounds, get up, go to the bathroom, get something to drink, walk around each room of the house and go back to the recliner. The more I've been up the easier it has been.

The pain really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. The worse pain I experienced was from the first day. Each day after seems to be a lot better pain wise!

I agree, the gas pains are the worse part of it all! Don't get me wrong the incisions aren't fun but they are tolerable! Especially when consistently taking Motrin.

My DH rubs my back when the gas settles in my shoulders. It has helped quite a bit!

Seriously though, don't worry about the surgery, just get everything you need taken care of before hand, such as things you will not be able to do for awhile after the surgery. After that, when the surgery is done just recoop! It's all over fast and in the end you'll probably feel better then ever after healing!
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:33 PM

OMG Fiftiesh, a clamp on your ovary! That's so scary...I'm glad to hear everything went well and that you are recovering well.

I hope that they remember to remove everything out of me and leave the important stuff. I'm starting to get a little nervous about Monday, but I know this is the best thing and am looking forward to life on the other side.

Take care and rest as much as you can...I'm sending big hugs...
Melicat
Unread 05-14-2007, 07:03 AM

YEAH!!! you're home from the castle!!! Take care of yourself
Unread 05-14-2007, 08:14 AM

ok, so i'm ready for this to be done and over with! i'm trying really hard not to panic. but my body is rebeling against me. i have been so stressed out! i haven't slept in about two days now and i still have tonight and tomorrow night to get through. when i finally decided to get out of bed this morning, i was soooo afraid i was going to throw up! is it normal to feel this much anxiety before surgery? i didn't feel this bad when i had my ablation done. i just don't get it? what have you guys done to move past the stress and anxiety pre-op? any and all suggestions are more than welcome and will be appreciated more than you could ever know!
Unread 05-14-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdj
ok, so i'm ready for this to be done and over with! i'm trying really hard not to panic. but my body is rebeling against me. i have been so stressed out! i haven't slept in about two days now and i still have tonight and tomorrow night to get through. when i finally decided to get out of bed this morning, i was soooo afraid i was going to throw up! is it normal to feel this much anxiety before surgery? i didn't feel this bad when i had my ablation done. i just don't get it? what have you guys done to move past the stress and anxiety pre-op? any and all suggestions are more than welcome and will be appreciated more than you could ever know!
jhdj
Most people here feel the same, I believe it is normal. For me I was terrified. I just kept telling myself I have to do it so stressing out wasn't going to help. I can't say it helped much but I tried to reassure myself. I am also a planner, so I was keeping real busy trying to do things ahead of time that I knew I wouldn't be able to do for a few weeks when I got home...so glad I did, or I would be stressing about doing those things now... I can relax instead. Also try and do somethings you enjoy and be with people if you can to take your mind off of it, and make the time go by. Hanging out here was a godsend for me as well. When I finally went in I was actually less stressed...as most will say...the waiting is the worst part...Hope this helps..it helped me a lot...good luck on your surgery and best wishes to you...
Unread 05-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Same feelings!

jhdj- Hi! I too am feeling major anxiety as surgery is tomorrow. This liquid diet the day before surgery really stinks. I am working today to get the last of my things done. Not to excited about doing the bowel cleansing thing at work. I haven't slept well for the past three nights. My stomach is in knots and I have had a nasty headache for the last 36 hours. Hang in there, you are almost here. I will try tto do the same. Good Luck to all the princesses going to the castle this week. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. --Patti

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register