Scheduled TAH Two weeks! eeeeeeeekkkkkkk! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks! eeeeeeeekkkkkkk! Two weeks! eeeeeeeekkkkkkk!

Unread 05-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Two weeks! eeeeeeeekkkkkkk!

How am I going to get thru these last two weeks without losing it? I do NOT want to see June 1st on my calendar!!!

Knowing that I would get into a panic, for the past two weeks (which have gone WAAAAY too fast, I might add), I've done all the necessary prep: PJs, panties, pillow, gasX, stool softener, pads, grabber, washed all the sheets to have fresh before I leave, moved items to waist level for easy reach, got summer dresses for easy breezy dressing, ensured all bathrooms are prepped with towels / paper / soap, easy to grab snacks, questions for pre-op, baked / cooked / prepared frozen meals, planted easy to care for flowers / garden in pots at waist level, arranged care for my dog for first two weeks, work schedule arranged......

Pre-op scheduled, read ALL the pre-op posts here, visualized the day of surgery, had nightmares about the day of surgery, cried about the day of surgery, panicked about the reality of it all.

Physically, I have myself and the house all ready.

Mentally, I am about a year away. Pre-op is before my birthday / surgery is after my birthday. First time in a LONG time, I do not WANT my birthday to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Re: Two weeks! eeeeeeeekkkkkkk!

Hello. I was the same way - dreading it. I had a total hysterectomy and both ovaries removed May 25th and was scared to death! It was not nearly as bad as I thought! Sure it isn't a walk in the park, but still not that bad. I had endometriosis. I was up walking around an hour after surgery. I am still on painkillers and probably will be for a week or two due to my advanced endo. I had my surgery at 8:45 a.m. on Friday and came home Saturday around noon. Just take it easy and do what the doctor tells you to do and you will do fine.
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:31 PM

Goodness girl...souds like you are totally ready for your big day! I'm scheduled for the 13th, so I'm looking at 2 weeks now myself! I will begin on Wednesday to get my freezer stocked with meals, get my house cleaned, etc! (got lots of other stuff I'm working on tomorrow!)
You'll be in my thoughts on the 1st! Hang in there! I don't think we are ever mentally ready for this day...but it'll be ok!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2012, 11:48 AM

Ok so you are ready for the big day. Relax you are going to be just fine. Take it from someone whose been there, done that and got the t-shirt ;-)
I am 9 weeks post op from a TAH/RSO and I am so glad I did this. The waiting is the hardest part. Best wishes.
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:21 PM

Hi 2J --- I know exactly how you feel!!!! I have been going thru the motions the past few weeks trying to get everything done -- since we had some time we decided to do some minor updating on the house too!) but now that's nearly done and this is all starting to get more real...it was ok when it was still weeks away but now!?!?!?!
I am a mess...nightmares...freak out sessions...crying jags!!!
But the worst is I had some muhc needed dental work done and it really isn't right and I am worried that it will be broken by the intubation and then it will come loose and then fall down my throat and choke me to death - I could literally pass out fearing this in my normal day. I don't know that i can go through with this....how will they know ---I have to tell them beofre that my temporary bridge work is there and not to break it!!
Oh man...
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM

NO worries ladies !! I had my TAH on May 18th and freaked out for nothing at all !!

You will be so glad when the day comes because you will be done with it. Relax these next few days and try not to think about it (I know it is easy to say but TRY).

Piece of cake...akuna matata....dont worry!
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:35 PM

MarsBars: The anesthesiologist comes in and talks with you before the procedure. You can let him know about the dental work. They tell you what they will do and what they will give you. You will be fine. I had mine May 25th and I worried for nothing. I am still sore and recovering but as long as I take it easy, I am fine.
Unread 06-02-2012, 03:45 PM

Thank you guys...its all so unbelievable!! but its true we will all be ok!!
Unread 06-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Totally know how you are feeling. I was a mess a week before mine and the day before I was a mess X 3897457.

Everything is going to be alright. They will take good care of you when they are prepping you. You are going to be in good hands. They will give you something to calm you down if you are super nervous. I asked for some "happy juice" for my nerves and then all was right with the world, lol. They could have done anything they wanted after that.

As for those worrying about dental work, the anesthesiologists will ask if you have any in your mouth or if any is lose, broken, or if you have any teeth that are loose, broken, or on their way out.

I remember they asked me all that (I have several crowns) and they asked me to open my mouth as wide as I could, then asked me to stick out my lower jaw as far as I could, then to tip my head back as far as I could. This way they can tell what size or type of intubation they will use.

The team will put you at ease.

My thoughts & prayers got out to you who are nervous and sending calming vibes to ease your hearts.
Unread 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Ann View Post

I remember they asked me all that (I have several crowns) and they asked me to open my mouth as wide as I could, then asked me to stick out my lower jaw as far as I could, then to tip my head back as far as I could. This way they can tell what size or type of intubation they will use.

The team will put you at ease.

My thoughts & prayers got out to you who are nervous and sending calming vibes to ease your hearts.
I don't want to remember ANY of that or anything!! As soon as possible, I want out until it's over.... I truly truly have those memory fears haunting me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register