Hi all | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi all

I've become quite the lurker here...but I sure do send my support to those of you who are currently undergoing treatment and send healing thoughts and prayers for you all daily.

The last several months have been an emotional roller coaster for me. I have had the dreaded Cancerhead every since my previous GYN/ONC follow-up. I even put off making a phone call about results, because I also had to deal with the sudden diagnosis of lung Ca with brain metastasis of my father with his subsequent death five weeks after diagnosis. My sisters and their families and I and my family all traveled to Florida to see my dad in the inpatient hospice facility. He did recognize all of us, and I'm glad his grandchildren were able to see him one last time. So....I've just "crawled into a hole" until I came to terms with all of this.

Three months ago, I had a biopsy and PAP smear (previous vaginal PAP showed ASCUS). I was nervous about the recent PAP smear. My GYN/ONC was going to take me to the O.R. under anesthesia to look around and laser if needed, IF I had another ASCUS PAP. I also had a biopsy of what she thought was a vaginal cyst. She did tell me that if it was cancerous, then radiation therapy would be next. Well, the vaginal cyst turned out to be granulation tissue with inflammation. My PAP smear was totally normal. Big sigh of relief!!

Today I had another PAP and now I have graduated to every four month PAP's instead of every three months!

to you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Gail!

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. How comforting that everyone got to see him and that he knw them all. A sad gathering but one also leaving memories. Congratulations on your graduation to 4 month Paps! Cancerhead--the Queen of Cancerhead here understands. Never go through it alone--come back and post. Why not go from lurkerdom to posterdom? I miss you. Ellen
Unread 02-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi all

HI, Gail!!
Sorry to hear about your dad. I know that must have been a difficult time for your family. I am glad to know that you are doing well and that you graduated to four month check ups!! My doctor mentioned that after my next follow up next month, if everything is good, I will go to four months, too! Kind of nervous about that, but it is a good thing I know!!! Congratulations on a clear pap and good report!! Keep in touch!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2004, 05:05 AM
Hi all

I am experiencing cancer head right now. My gyn/onc appointment is this afternoon. We all truly understand the fear before getting test results.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family on the loss of your father.

Pleas post whenever you need/want to.

Ruth S
Unread 02-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi all

Ellen...

You are just the best! We have wonderful memories of my dad. In hospice, when I said goodbye to him, he kissed me five times on my cheek and told me that I would be OK. Isn't that just like a parent?

Thanks for your encouragement. You are just so strong....can't see that Cancerhead getting the best of you.

Rhonda...

Glad to hear you will be on the four month plan soon as well! It's kind of like climbing a ladder s-l-o-w-l-y!!

Ruth...

Hope your appt went well today and that dreaded Cancerhead goes away....wonder if it ever goes away?? Hope your scootch report is good!
Unread 02-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Hi all

Gail,

My condolences on your father's passing.

And my congratulations on your being "promoted" to 4-month PAP status! I hope & pray that the intervals will continue to expand!

All the best.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi all

s Gail

It is always fun to go to CC and see an old familiar name has posted.
I am so sorry to read about your Dad's passing. But it sounds like he was surrounded with those he loved the best.
Congrats on your four month plan. That is the plan I am now on also. If I could just find a way to slow the passing of those four months. Cancerhead basically leaves me along until right before a checkup. Oh well, we all just continue doing what we have to do.

karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register