Scheduled SAH Sex drive after the removal of cervix?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex drive after the removal of cervix?? Sex drive after the removal of cervix??

Unread 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Sex drive after the removal of cervix??

I am 27 yrs old I am having everything removed except my ovaries. I am confused I have heard that if I have my cervix removed my sex drive will not be good and it is hard to reach orgasm. Can someone please tell me if this is true I have a very high sex drive now ( sorry tmi) mine and my husbands sex life is great and I really don't want it to change. Can someone please give me some good news cause I am seriously thinking about not removing my cervix. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Re: Sex drive after the removal of cervix??

No, it's not true.
Some women find orgasms feel a bit different after hysterectomy but cervix or no cervix, women who keep their *ovaries* are overwhelmingly likely to have the same drive after recovery as before surgery... some even find their drive is enhanced after they are free of whatever it was that caused the need for surgery.

I had my entire uterus and both tubes removed and my drive and response are much the same as before the surgery and I'm able to relax and enjoy it more because I'm not in pain most of the time and not worried that an orgasm will set me off bleeding.
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:58 PM

Thank u
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2013, 01:52 PM

The cervix isn't a sex organ. My MD assured me he has never had anyone voice unhappiness with their sex life after their hysterectomy. I can't wait to find out! About 5 weeks to go!
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:02 PM

Some women do have problems reaching orgasm after the cervix is removed. However, the majority of women have no problems at all. The cervix is actually part of the uterus and is a considered a sex organ. Express your fears and concerns to your doctor. Together, you will make the best decision for you.
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:50 PM

I am 31 and had my uterus and cervix removed last November and worried about the same thing, but all my worry was for nothing. Things are still wonderful with dh in that ddepartment!
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM

I am 4.5 weeks out from TAH & I can tell you,,I have a very healthy sex drive and am able to lubricate with no problem.

I also have a very healthy sexual relationship with my partner & was worried about it,,but its NO problem so far--

Intercourse is still 2 weeks away at least if everything checks out OK at Dr.--but so far, so good!
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:26 PM

I will be 8 weeks post TAH on Thursday. Only ovaries left. Sex is HOT for me now, to be blunt. I am easily aroused, very well lubricated, and orgasms are better than they have been in years. I am very happy about this! No pain either. Feel like a new woman.
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:07 PM

I am 6 weeks out as of tomorrow and I've already made plans for my oldest to watch my younger 2 at her house because I can not wait to be able to have sex again. For the last week and a half my sex drive has been in over-drive and very hard to contain. I had a complete hyster with cervix removed and my only ovary/tube removed as well. I've had to start wearing a liner to bed and I've come to realize that a lot of my night sweats are hot dream induced lol.

I know 6 other people from 23-47 who have had their cervix removed with their hyster and only 1 has expressed a decrease in sexual drive, and 1 more that did not have hers removed and she also has a decreased sex drive. I was worried about losing desire for sex and am glad that mine seems to be completely in tact.
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:14 PM

I was concerned about lack of desire/lower quality sex life with cervix removal too. And THANK GOD that some of you mentioned that you are still well self-lubricated! I was wondering about that too! (My problem during sex is that I usually have too much self-lubricant!)
PHEW!!!
Thanks for putting my worries to rest, girls!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register