Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Unread 10-25-2020, 07:55 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Wow, this is great information. I can’t imagine being in discomfort for that long! I am on day 3 of meds for a UTI which was painful enough but not for that long! Thank goodness you went for a second opinion. So happy that you’ve found relief finally.

We have to be our own advocates I’ve discovered. Good for you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2020, 05:55 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

It's been a little over 3 months since my surgery. I've had some lower abdominal pain and went to the doctor Thursday because it was becoming consistent. I was informed that this type of procedure can take from 6 months to a year to truly fully recover. Yes I am healed to the point I'm no longer bleeding and all stitches have healed but to regain normality will take longer. I was floored especially since I'd been running and exercising prior. The difference is I'd been doing some lifting a couple weeks prior, trying to finish unpacking boxes from a recent move shortly after surgery. Maybe that was the culprit???
Either way I was prescribed an anti-inflammatory to see if that alleviated the pain. It did and put me to sleep lol. But I was pain free the next day for most of the day. I did start hurting again that evening but at least I have an idea of what's going on.
Unread 11-21-2020, 07:54 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Jaunica,

Some Dr even say it can take up to a year to be totally healed, inside. So please try and take it a little easy on that lifting. I found that lifting and endurance took the longest to return to a normal range. Glad you have some anti inflammatory to help. Thanks for posting this might be a good reminder to your sisters.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2021, 05:47 PM

I know this thread hasn't had a post in about 8 months but I'm curious how everyone from our week last August is doing. Any issues anyone's noticed? Complications? Or are you feeling completely better?

I will be going to a follow up appointment soon. And have had some 'odd' symptoms or pains. But curious if it's normal at this stage about 10+ months out.

NOTHING like the pain of pre-surgery. So I feel like I shouldn't complain. I do have one ovary left and most often the right side where I have the ovary is what tends to hurt. But occasionally I'll have a similar pain on the left side where I don't.

And sometimes, the pains, are not always in the same spot. Not where I imagine that ovary to be. Sometimes higher up. I tend to also feel 'pressure'. And what sometimes feels like back pain yet it still feels internal. Not muscular.

Occasionally, I feel a horrible nerve or stabbing pain when it's time to have a BM. (UGH. Embarrassing TMI. LOL) Once I start going that subsides. But to get started can be horribly painful. (For a while it was very time for a month straight but now it's more intermittent and much less.)

Do we normally get ultrasounds to check where things are sitting when we feel issues like this? I haven't had one since surgery and curious how painful that will be to have that kind of test with stuff missing in there now. I only had a pelvic exam around 6 weeks out from surgery. I don't have normal insurance so my doc said only come back for the 3 month check up if I was having problems. So I didn't as I wasn't feeling anything unusual.

Hot flashes started 2 months after surgery even though I kept an ovary. Black cohosh was my best friend for 6 months but then suddenly stopped working. Now those are kicking my butt, interrupting sleep etc. I keep ice packs in my hyster sister pillow at night.

I've gained about 10 pounds since flashes began in Nov. So sometimes I've figured my discomfort is having more fat down there than I'm used to. I assumed that's why it aches at times. But I don't know.

For the veterans on this site, Is there another thread where I should specifically post these questions since those from our week may not relate?

Curious how everyone else is too?
Unread 06-22-2021, 08:46 PM

Joy,

So good to hear from you. Sorry you are having these issues. Maybe it would be good to go to your GP and ask about your multiple issues. Not being a medical profession I really can’ t give much advice in these areas.

You are at an age that maybe that one ovary is about at the end of its life. So maybe it is time to talk to the GP about HRT. That could also help with the hot flashes.

I don’t know if an ultra sound would be used in your case but I am pretty sure they aren’t at all painful.

Sorry to hear about the weight gain. I struggle all the time keeping mine at an acceptable (health wise) level. I do know that it is common to gain weight as you lose hormones which could also be a hint that you are getting to the point that your ovary is not functioning as it did once. This information might also help you Dr help you.

You could post on the post op forum, maybe someone there might have some experience of these issues. But do hope my comments are helpful.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 06-23-2021, 08:00 AM

Anndy thanks for being here to respond.

I likely will try to set an appointment maybe in August. But figured I'd info gather first about what to ask / what to expect.

I have a sister in law who just had a cyst so large on one ovary they removed 8 liters of liquid!! (That is unfathomable, isn't it??)
I'm not even sure how that fit in an abdomen!

I'll repost in the post area.

Nice to hear from you.
Unread 06-23-2021, 08:47 AM

Joy,

Glad you have a plan. Along with your research, tracking what and when you have troubling symptoms could be useful in diagnosis for your Dr. Also please don’t wait if you have any severe symptoms.

Please keep me in the loop if you have any new developments and what your Dr says in August. My thought and prayers are with you.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-03-2021, 10:12 AM

I received an email to update my symptoms since it has been exactly a year after my initial surgery. I've never been better and my quality of life without pain has been the best year out of the majority of them.
The differences I noticed in my challenges are hormone changes around the same time I would have a period. Since I still have one ovary, I get severe rosacea/face acne breakouts to remind me of that time of the month.
My hair is thinning and growing a lot slower. Granted I'm 33 this year, but since surgery, I don't need as many hair cuts at the salon and the quality of my hair has been worse. My eyebrows used to be super grizzly and grow quickly every two weeks, now it takes months to grow a decent amount of hair anywhere on my body.

Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solution to treat thinning hair after your hysterectomy?
Unread 08-03-2021, 11:01 AM

sONG,

So good to hear from you and to hear that you are generally doing well. I wish I had an answer for you hair issues. Mine is similar. I only have to trim it ( it’s just past shoulder length) every 8 weeks. And it does seem to fall out and break easily. I try to be very gentle with it and don’t over wash it. I even use a leave in rinse. My beautician really hasn’t added much to this way of dealing with the issue. I do take the Hair, Skin, & Nails supplement but don’t really know if it helps. I also had a thyroid issue and things are a bit better since my Dr added Thyroxine to my daily routine. Hope some of this helps and if you discover something new that helps, please post it here.

Sister Hug,
Anndy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register