Reality is setting in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reality is setting in Reality is setting in

Unread 02-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Reality is setting in

I'm scheduled for a DVH on Wednesday and it all hit me like a ton of bricks at 2:30 this morning. I woke up scared and weepy and emotional and didn't fall back asleep until 6! I prayed and read Scripture and I calmed down but sleep didn't come easy.

I have purchased all my bowel prep stuff, today I need to go get some food for my liquid diet and a heating pad and ice pack. I want a belly band but that isn't in the budget...not that any of this is. Hubby hasn't worked much all month and money is ridiculously tight. I've had to turn down 2 huge jobs because I'm sure I can't complete them the 1st week post-op. After my surgery is complete then the hospital is filing me for medicaid. If I am not accepted we will be filing for bankruptcy.

I've been handling everything well, thanks to the help and support of my HysterSisters but the stress is finally settling in.
Thanks for letting me vent. I am exhausted and trying to get my work done ahead of time so I can relax after surgery but the stress has caught up with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Re: Reality is setting in

Hi, I'm new to this site too. Acutally you are my first reply to anyone I had my surgery done a week ago Wednesday. The reality hit me a couple of days before. At first I was so grateful for an out of the pain that I wasn't nervous at all.

I was worried about the financial side too. Even though my husband works full time, like most familes we are a two income family. Luckily, my company has short term disability so I am going to get a portion of my pay until I go back. But I didn't know that at first and I'll tell you what my husband told me "It is going to be ok, don't worry about what you can't change. You need the surgery and it will all be fine" LOL and he added that I don't need to add anything else to my worry hat (I do worry alot). I just bottomed lined it to myself, I have to be healthy or as healthy as I can possibly be and the rest will work out eventually.

For me I panicked because it was so overwhelming. I found comfort here... reading other peoples stories. I fess I went to the post op just to read how people felt coming out on the other side. It helped, made me feel better.

I know you are scared, I know how scared I was; but truly it is going to be ok. Just do your pre surgery steps (I had never experienced bowel clensing prior to the surgery LOL it was an experience). I think the waiting is the hardest part, my thoughts were all over the place. Post surgery has been much calmer for me; hopefully it will be for you too.
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:30 PM

hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Hugs. Financial worries make it harder. Sorry you're dealing with that on top of everything else. I have had to consciously choose not to worry about the money. (Not always easy but it does help.) We are still paying off my surgeries from last year.

Hang in there.
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:46 PM

PrincessTink, I do understand your plight! I live in FL too and I know how the job situation is so horrible down here. My DH gets small subcontractor jobs here and there which only covers his fuel and some food. Thank our Lord Jesus Christ I have a full-time job with great benefits such as a paid short term which has paid my time off from work. But, as for the medical bills I have to pay my 20% share and basically what I did was paid a little and will pay the rest monthly as I can. If you do end up filing for bankruptcy do not be ashamed as it is quite common in our great country for many families to file. I will say a prayer for you that the medicaid is accepted.

Please put all the financial stuff aside and only concentrate on your health and on your recovery next week. Also, let your pastor know of your troubles and I am sure the church will help you. God Bless!
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:08 PM

Thanks everyone.
I was doing well leaving the financial stuff up to god but last night it just all overwhelmed me. Hubby and I are both self-employed and I also work for our church. I will get 1/2 pay from church while i am out, but most of my work I can do fom home so i'm hoping that after a week or so I'll be able to spend an hour a day getting my work done-then I can get full pay.

I know God is in control and I am so ready to feel better and that is what I am going to focus on.
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:20 AM

Hi Princess Tink!
I am sure you will be FINE,
I hear the DvH surgery has less complications by that I mean, I hear you will heal faster, God will Provide,
Toronto Sister.

Ps I understand the feeling of having less money. Believe me :-(
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:18 AM

It's hard enough going through all the prep etc that we have to go through without having to worry about money, too, isn't it! I know how you feel. We are also self-employed but we've really had to learn to trust God and leave it all in His hands (or go insane!)

Just focus on your prep for right now. The bowel prep isn't fun but you'll get through it fine. I had my DaVinci on the 17th and I was up walking a little that evening and went home the next day. I didn't even take any pain meds after leaving the hospital (except one or two extra-strenth Tylenol). I'm 9 days post-op and have no pain-just some achiness. I'm up and around and feeling pretty good!

Hopefully, you've asked a lot of people to pray for you because I know that it really helps! I pray that the Lord will be with you and you'll have a great outcome and speedy healing!
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:28 AM

Heart & Home, thanks. Yes, Saturday was just a bad day. I know God will carry us through whatever he has for us to go through. I am more than ready now for Wednesday to come...and go. I just want to feel better :-) I have tons of people praying for me and the Lord told me yesterday that He has me in the palm of His hand!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register