Shopping Pre-Op to ease stress! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shopping Pre-Op to ease stress! Shopping Pre-Op to ease stress!

Unread 09-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Shopping Pre-Op to ease stress!

I also love to shop and it has been a great distraction these past couple weeks! What makes it dangerous is that I have all day to shop and clean since my youngest started first grade this year. My house is super organized(I even cleaned out the attic). All this nervous energy has turned out to be extremely productive.
Best Wishes
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2005, 09:36 AM

Hi Mori !
I'm doing the same thing in preparation for my visit to the castle on 9/28. It is amazing how much shopping and pampering can relax a person. In the last week I have had my hair cut & styled, got a manicure and pedicure (skipped the nail polish), had my eyebrows done, and have been on numerous shopping trips. From what I can tell, Visa and Mastercard are also very happy!
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:54 AM

The shopping, hair cuts, etc must be a natural genitic predisposition - I have the same idea. I have my next few weeks planned out to include these activities too. Am currently living through one of my last, painful, periods. I take 1200 mg. of prescription ibuprofen and it barely touches the pain. I'm terrified of the surgery, but I'm so tired of this and can't imagine having to live this way for 10 or more upcoming years.
Sapphira
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2005, 09:58 AM

I am also going shopping. Its not silly that you want to be pampered before you go in, I plan on doing the same thing. Your gonna feel miserable enough afterwards i'm sure, so do whatever it takes before hand for yourself.
Unread 09-26-2005, 10:51 AM

I had my hair cut last week then I frosted it myself. Then on sat I went for pj's that were onsale and today I went to walmart and picked up my gax-ex and some samples for my bag. LOL its too funny how we all think the same. When I was at walmart I found some more pj's I want with betty boop (I'm a betty freak)on them so got to ask the hubby about getting them and I need to get a robe and slippers. I found the coolest pj's at meijer that I am going to wear into the hospital and gonna wear out. They look like lounging clothes rather than pj's and the pants have a drawstring and I bought them big so I could adjust the size. When I am at the hospital I am going to wear the wonderful gown they give you as I am not gonna care how it looks. And I still got three weeks to go LOL
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:02 AM

My surgery date is Oct. 3rd and I,too, have been shopping, cleaning, organizing (etc.) I have a nail appointment and hair appointment later in the week. If I'm going to feel bad at least I'm going to look good doing it! Hah!
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:05 AM

Ladybenz99, I would check with your hospital and doctor before doing your nails I know some dont want you wearing polish. I know the hospital where I am having mine done doesn't allow polish and I hate to see you waste your money on nails getting done and then have to take them off. Just a suggestion.
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:15 AM

Thanks for your message. Fortunately, I will have my pre-op appointment before I'm having my nails done. I have wondered about that though. I appreciate the tip.
Unread 09-26-2005, 11:26 AM

no problem

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register