Any HysterSisters around Pittsburgh, PA - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Pennsylvania

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any HysterSisters around Pittsburgh, PA Any HysterSisters around Pittsburgh, PA

Unread 11-28-2019, 07:40 PM
Any HysterSisters around Pittsburgh, PA

I live outside Pittsburgh.

Been awhile since I’ve posted or been on the site but I’m glad it’s here. I know I’m not alone in my struggles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2019, 10:14 PM

I am doing pt and it is hard but I think it helps me. I can’t believe how hard this has been on me.
Unread 11-29-2019, 06:19 AM
Re: Any HysterSisters around Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTown717 View Post
I live outside Pittsburgh.

Been awhile since I’ve posted or been on the site but I’m glad it’s here. I know I’m not alone in my struggles.
Hi KateTown 717!

I live just outside Pittsburgh in Carnegie.

I haven't posted too much since my surgery earlier this year, but check in every once in a while. And I agree, I am very glad that this site is here to give us a place to share our experiences and offer support. None of us are alone in this!
Unread 11-29-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebee1012! View Post
I am doing pt and it is hard but I think it helps me. I can’t believe how hard this has been on me.
Hi Subee1012!

I had my surgery on May 9th this year and just recently started feeling like myself.

I also went through a round of physical therapy a few months after my surgery.
It's tough work, but well worth it.
The hardest part for me at this point is keeping up with the exercises they told me to do.

It is a struggle, but we're all in this together.
Hang in there!
Unread 11-29-2019, 07:02 AM

My surgery was September 10th, I am struggling but working hard to get back to normal. For some reason I still have large stitches up high that haven’t given up yet.
I started physical therapy and I can get it right here in town, I live 100 miles from Pittsburgh. I have only been to pt twice but have a lot of confidence in my therapist. She uses biofeedback which helps me see progress as well as areas of need. She gave me some quick tips for urinary leakage that helped very quickly.
I was supposed to drive 5 hours to my daughter’s in-laws for Thanksgiving but I declined due to weather (high winds) & I am happy I did because I get so fatigued that I don’t think I would have had much fun. It surprises me how long it is taking me to get back to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBST6 View Post
Hi Subee1012!

I had my surgery on May 9th this year and just recently started feeling like myself.

I also went through a round of physical therapy a few months after my surgery.
It's tough work, but well worth it.
The hardest part for me at this point is keeping up with the exercises they told me to do.

It is a struggle, but we're all in this together.
Hang in there!
Unread 11-29-2019, 08:17 AM

(((Ladies))), it's wonderful that you found the HysterSisters community and each other but as a friendly reminder, the Neighorhood forum is one place on this site where we take a welcome break from all topics that relate to surgery, recovery, etc. and instead use this forum to chat about topics of local interest. We have support forums dedicated for hysterectomy related topics where you'll get input from members from all over the world.

We'll look for you in the support forums, and hope you will enjoy getting to know each other here as you chat about topics not related to surgery and recovery.

Thanks in advance!

Unread 11-29-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebee1012! View Post
I started physical therapy and I can get it right here in town, I live 100 miles from Pittsburgh.
I'm glad to hear you can get physical therapy in your town.

Same for me here in Carnegie. The facility was close enough I was able to walk to and from my appointments!

That's just one of the things I love about Carnegie.
It's a very flat, walkable neighborhood with several shops and resources well within reach.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register