Maryland | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Maryland

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-29-2002, 10:13 AM
Smile - Maryland Maryland

Hi everyone!

I work in Columbia, live in Pasadena. I am 3 weeks post op and feel pretty good. Wishing I could exercise but cannot yet. Just wanted to say hello to fellow Marylanders here......

I have some tenderness, some itching, and lots of numbness at the site of the surgery. st. Agnes was okay-would have preferred the first day's post op help to be a bit more helpful and less disturbing, but canot have it all! The hubby has been gone most of the time and thank goodness for my mother in law who is taking care of the 2 1/2 year old for me! My 8 year old is a joy and such a help!

Take care eveyone......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 11:25 AM
St Agnes

Hey there...My name is Chris...I too am having my hysterectomy done at St. Agnes...I was so excited to see that is where you had yours performed...I will be even more thrilled if you tell me that Dr. Flores is the Dr. who did your surgery...I have tons of questions, and am very scared...Please email me if you would...I am near Towson...On Long Green road...It's so cool to know you had your surgery at St. Agnes...I have been going there for the past 6 months...I love the people...I know the hospital like the back of my hand...I hope we can coorespond!!! Thanks...Chris
Unread 03-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Maryland

Hi Chris and a big welcome to Hyster Sisters

I just wanted to invite you to post on the Pre-Op message board where you'll meet other Ladies in Waiting just like you. This way, you'll get the support of more ladies, some who are still waiting, some who are recent s and some who have gone through the waiting and the recovery. You'll find that you'll benefit from everyone's support and will even be surprised at how much YOU can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2002, 06:05 PM
Thumbs up - Maryland Maryland

My Doctor is <Doctor's name removed per the TOS> and my TAH BSO was at St. Agnes and it was WONDERFUL! I had a private room and the nurses were really 's. The food was mmmmmmmm, I did not leave a morsel!

How was your experience?

Bev
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Maryland

[quote=sclifford;303042]Hi everyone!

I work in Columbia, live in Pasadena. I am 3 weeks post op and feel pretty good. Wishing I could exercise but cannot yet. Just wanted to say hello to fellow Marylanders

Hello from Salisbury Maryland. ( across the bay) I had my surgery @ PRMC. I'm 4 weeks post op and this has been my best week ever. I've finally been able to comfortably leave the house, but its so hard to not do too much. You body will let you know when you have! I hope you are healing well and can get out and about soon. I don't know all your circumstances, but life will surely get better! Take care!

Yay RAVENS!
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op in Maryland

Hello ladies! I am here in Baltimore. I will have my procedure at <>. I am also a little nervous. But this website is so helpful!!!
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM

Hi Sparkplug, I'm in Northern Baltimore County. I had my surgery one year ago at St. Josephs and I couldn't have been happier about the care I received. I don't know where you are having your procedure, it had to be removed for your protection, but we have some great hospitals in Baltimore and I'm sure you will do fine. My doctor is amazing. I trusted him completely. I only mention that because you should have a second opinion before you do anything, especially if you are nervous about your procedure and you have plenty of time. Take care.
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM

Hey there, glad you are feeling good. I'm in Waldorf, MD and 1 week out of surgery today and actually I feel pretty good. Not much pain, only every now and then at the incision site. Little bit of back pain and was thinking that was from not being able to do much except lay and sit down.
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM

Hi, I'm in Baltimore County and am 1 week post-op LSH. I had my surgery at GBMC and they were wonderful as was my doctor, who I would name if the site allowed, but I praise her to the heavens. I stayed overnight (glad I did), the hospital staff and nurses could not have been more attentive and professional..the private room was nice too.

I am in very little pain, just some abdominal soreness. I never touched the drugs they prescribed when I came home, I just use tylenol and a heating pad as needed. I've been walking (slowly) on the treadmill for 45 minutes in the morning since my 2nd day home and again in the afternoon. I haven't lifted anything heavy, per doctor's instructions, and am filling my recuperative days with small household chores like cleaning out my linen closet. When my body tells me to rest, I listen to it immediately.

Gas pains come and go but are manageable. I am being SUPER careful about what I eat since I can't exercise; sticking to a lot of lean protein, which is good for healing, homemade soup and certain fruits and fiber. I also make sure to stay hydrated as it helps avoid constipation.

It's only been a week but I'm already patting myself on the back for having this surgery. I had fibroids, endometriosis and abnormal bleeding and had pretty much exhausted all of my other options. At the age of 46 with a grown daughter and a tubal ligation and ablation, my uterus was not going to be missed. Now I just have to be patient and let the healing process finish so I can safely exercise and have sex again.

Best of luck to you all!!
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM

It's nice to see new friendships being formed here in the Neighborhood forum.

Per the forum descriptor, you're welcome to share about topics unrelated to surgery and recovery here, and use the support boards of this site for topics about surgery, recovery, menopause, etc. There are Recovery Progress Reports threads for sharing updates with women who had surgery the same week as you here: Hysterectomy Recovery Reports.

Enjoy exploring the many message boards of this site for your support needs, and meet up here to share about topics of local interest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register