Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 10-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

A group of infected hairs can you believe it!!!!! He wants me to put hot compresses on it and hope it clears up he did give me antibotics but at the risk of a yeast infection he said to hold off until the end of the week see if it clears up by its self.

It is wonderful not to have a period.....don't think I have really come to that realization that it is not coming back!!!!!! No monthly symptoms infact no real problems.....waiting to see if anything will happen mabey I'll be lucky!!!!!

Petrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM

Yeah Petrina!!!...Were you able to see the lump or feel it underneath the skin...just wondering as I have had the same tiny little lump forever, I can't see it only feel it...I hope yours clears up soon....yes it is wonderful to not have any more bleeding..I just realized it has been almost 2 months without a period..knock on wood!!!
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Petrina......congrats on the minor dr visit.....

and YUP, it hasn't hit reality yet that there's NO more periods.......

I gave all my tampons to my daugh and she laughed and wanted to know why I had a year supply.....I cracked up and said, heck, that's not even 2 weeks!!

Maybe I can take a cruise with the savings I'll have now!!!

Glad everyone has had good checkups......

jul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 07:25 AM

Good Morning - I have not posted before but have read a lot and enjoyed your comments. I am almost 8 weeks post-op and have really been working more or less since 4 weeks. (home office) Was wondering if anyone is having fatique at this stage of the game? Seems like mine is overwhelming at times. I have been walking most mornings since about the first week home - now up to 1 mile but feel so pooped for the rest of the day. Is this normal? I had an abdominal complete (don't know all the alphabet letters for it) Someone let me know your experience and what you've done to increase your energy. I feel like a real drag! Thanks, from Trueday
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:04 AM

Hi Trueday.
I am also 8 weeks post-op and had a total hysterectomy. Fatigue is still quite common. Sounds like you're doing all the right things and It's great that you walk 1 mile. (I'm almost up to 1 mile.)

As far as the fatigue - do you take a multi vitamin and eat lots of carbs? Carbs seem to give me energy- granola bars, whole wheat bread, bananas, apples, and lots of fruit.
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:28 AM

Trueday....I too had a total cleanout as I call it!!....I also get exhausted and want a nap, not everyday anymore, but moreso when I have a really busy day...

Were you anemic??....I was very low in iron, he put me on pills which had the opposite effect on me (most get constipated, I got sever diarrhea) ....so went on diet rich in iron....that seemed to help with tiredness A LOT....

jul
Unread 10-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Fatigue

Gwgal and Maggie - thanks for your replies! I don't feel like such a slug after reading them. I do take a MVI and eat plenty of good carbs as I don't eat a lot of meat - may need to get the iron checked however cuz I want a nap just about every day!! (sometimes 2) I am wondering if I'm walking a little too zealously - because when I finish I'm pooped and could take a nap then. (I walk with 2 other women who are track-zappers) And on the days that I do not walk - I seem to do a little better. I'm a pastor of a very busy church and I feel like I'm not doing them justice at present especially with home visits - but hope they understand. They've all been very good to me while I was recuperating. Thanks again for your encouraging words. Hope you both continue to do well! Be good to yourselves
Unread 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueday
Gwgal and Maggie - thanks for your replies! I don't feel like such a slug after reading them. I do take a MVI and eat plenty of good carbs as I don't eat a lot of meat - may need to get the iron checked however cuz I want a nap just about every day!! (sometimes 2) I am wondering if I'm walking a little too zealously - because when I finish I'm pooped and could take a nap then. (I walk with 2 other women who are track-zappers) And on the days that I do not walk - I seem to do a little better. I'm a pastor of a very busy church and I feel like I'm not doing them justice at present especially with home visits - but hope they understand. They've all been very good to me while I was recuperating. Thanks again for your encouraging words. Hope you both continue to do well! Be good to yourselves
You know according to our bibles that we can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens us. Day by day, he will strengthen your body to take on the responsibilities of the day. He is quite the healer you know. I, too, felt quite fatigued at the beginning; even after my six week checkup but its quite normal. Just think, you hardly could do the norm things after surgery and then when we could, we did and our bodies just haven't had time to catch up with our pumped up adrenaline mindset. So, hang in there and keep up on the vitamins, the iron tablets, fruits and carbs and a dose of daily, spiritual reading and soon, your body, soul and spirit will all fall into play. God Bless!
Age 41 TAH ~ Tropical 8
Unread 10-16-2007, 03:34 PM

Thanks Tropical 8 - I do rely on the Lord moment by moment! Joshua 1:9 Thanks for the encouraging words.
Unread 10-16-2007, 03:38 PM

Yes, I agree. Awesome and encouraging words. God is good and does give us the strength. God bless each and every one of you traveling this hysterectomy journey.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register