Scheduled LSH One Week to go!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Week to go!! One Week to go!!

Unread 11-24-2011, 08:09 PM
One Week to go!!

Okay, so one week from today, I HOPE to be recovering from my LSH. My mom is in the hospital with Pneumonia since Sunday. She is getting better each day but today I learned that they are going to send her to rehab for a week or two so she can gain her strength. I asked her nurse for her opinion about my upcoming surgery and what I should do. The nurse seemed very positive and said she is doing fine and that she will be in rehab by then and that I should def moving forward with my surgery. I feel a little better but I am hoping I am making the right decision in going forward my sugery. I keep thinking if she were home, I would be worried about her being by herself. If she is in rehab at least she is being looked after. I know she would want me to take care of myself. She kept apologizing for ruining my Thanksgiving Uggh. At least this is taking some of my fears and anxiety away from my surgery. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Re: One Week to go!!

I can imagine how you must feel. Four days before my surgery my mother took a bad fall and broke her humerus badly and a serious concussion. There she sat completely swollen up with two black eyes and a broken arm crying and apologizing for being injured while the family was supposed to be taking care of me. And to top it off she fell while shopping for a pretty nightie for me to wear while I recovered. My mom is so sweet and felt so bad, not about her being hurt, but about not being able to help me with my surgery. A big part of my support system fell away but we talked on the phone every day and compared notes on recovering. I hope you mom is better soon and you have an uneventful surgery and peaceful recovery :-)
Unread 11-25-2011, 08:18 PM

CapeMay - I am glad you are going forward with your surgery. It is important that you take care of your health as well. I know it was a tough decision, but you can now go forward with it. It was good to get some feedback from the nurse.

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marestail View Post
CapeMay - I am glad you are going forward with your surgery. It is important that you take care of your health as well. I know it was a tough decision, but you can now go forward with it. It was good to get some feedback from the nurse.

(((Hugs)))
Thanks. Talking to her nurse and all the responses here really helped me. She also told me to move forward and that she is fine. She is moving to a rehab on Monday and they said that she will be there for a week or two. So I figure by the time I am feeling better, she will be home and I will be able to help her. Thanks again for listening, it's really appreciated. Hugs.
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:30 PM

CapeMay - Keep in mind that you only have one chance to heal right. You will also need to rest, rest, rest for your recovery. You will most likely have lifting restrictions (probably 10 lbs for six weeks), as well as other activity restrictions. Just don't make yourself more sick or injured trying to care for your mom. If needed, please get some help for a few weeks.

Hugs back at you. We are here to support you...
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marestail View Post
CapeMay - Keep in mind that you only have one chance to heal right. You will also need to rest, rest, rest for your recovery. You will most likely have lifting restrictions (probably 10 lbs for six weeks), as well as other activity restrictions. Just don't make yourself more sick or injured trying to care for your mom. If needed, please get some help for a few weeks.

Hugs back at you. We are here to support you...

Thanks for your support. You are right, I need to be careful and rest. I think my other sisters can fill in for a while!!
Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. Hugs.
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:28 PM

That sounds like a great idea - your sisters helping with your mom.

Good luck and hugs to you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register