Surgery 10/24/2003 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Massachusetts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 10/24/2003 Surgery 10/24/2003

Unread 09-23-2003, 09:52 AM
Surgery 10/24/2003

This is a repost of an earlier message.

I'm scheduled for a TAH at <>. I would love to hear from anyone who has already had their surgery at this hospital and can provide any advice/tips that they discovered.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Surgery 10/24/2003

Sorry, that date should have been 10/24.
Unread 10-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Surgery 10/24/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWolf
This is a repost of an earlier message.

I'm scheduled for a TAH at <> on 8/24. I would love to hear from anyone who has already had their surgery at this hospital and can provide any advice/tips that they discovered.

Thanks!
What kind of hysterectomy did you get and how are you doing? Can you name your doctor? I am having mine at <> too. They <> doctors are the best. I have atypia hyperplasia and they want to take out the ovaries, cervix and uterus (sp) God I’ve written it so many times now can't remember how to spell. I am mostly afraid of losing the powerful orgasms I have. Don't ask me where they come from, I feel a lot in the clitoris and g spot but when I am coming I have to have my boyfriend in me as close as possible. Sorry if I am sounding slightly insane but how does one describe such things. I hope you’re doing well and I hope to hear from you. You can e mail me at Email address removed for privacy reasons. You may email this member by clicking her username at the top of this post. if oyu get a chance thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Red face - Surgery 10/24/2003 Surgery 10/24/2003

Hello Hystersisters,

I am a new member from the Boston Area. I will be meeting with my Surgeon on Wednesday to talk about impending surgery. This will be my first time meeting him. My regular gynecologist is sending me to him because she no longer does surgery. He is at the <> Hospital. I should get a surgery date at that time.

How did other sisters like this hospital? Do you feel that you received good medical care and nursing? I was reading some hystersisters stories on bad nursing care and I am very nervous.

At this time I am pretty sure that I will have my ovaries removed due to scary family history of ovarian cancer. I am also a type 1 diabetic who wears an insulin pump and am worried about recovery and ability to heal. Would love to hear from others who have similar situations or experience with this Hospital.
Unread 11-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Surgery 10/24/2003

Sadie123
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I have two e mails and I don't read one as often as I should. <> is the very, very best hospital. What is your doctors name may I ask? My operation is this Monday. I am only worried about one thing...orgasm post hysterectomy. I have no clue as to what type of " O" I have. Some of the ladies have mentioned uterine contractions that feel great. I don't know what is contracting when I reach a climax( sp) I only know I want the same ones back. What type of operation are you having?<oops!email address removed for your security>
Unread 11-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Surgery 10/24/2003

Living out loud
Thank you for responding. I have not picked a specific doctor yet, I want to meet at least two of the four my regular gyno recemmended first. My first consultation is tomorrow at 1pm. Due to scary family history of ovarian cancer I am considering having a hyterectomy with the removal of my ovaries as well. I am not sure yet what else they remove.

I think most women worry about the "o" factor. I am also not sure what kind I have, but know that I still want to get them. Are you getting operated on at the <>? What procedure are you having done? Do you feel confident with your doctor? My biggest fear is having all my harmones out of whack and worry about depression. Good luck and keep me posted!
Sadie 123
Unread 11-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Surgery 10/24/2003

Hi ((ladies))

Just a quick reminder that the naming of doctors in posts is not permitted as per the website guidelines. You could always "private message" the information.

Thank you for your understanding!

Unread 11-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Surgery 10/24/2003

Sadie 123: If you are still getting your periods and not perimenapausal get your hormones checked during your ovulation stage, usually mid cycle. I believe a blood test is better than saliva. Be sure to check your free testosterone levels as well as estrogen. That way you will have a base line to work with if you are going to have your ovaries removed. At this point you’re at the best hospital and I would suggest since ovarian cancer is in your family to have them removed. Ovarian cancer is the silent killer. I am menopausal and I am on both estrogen and testosterone. I use the patch. It is the best form of delivery to the body. It passes the liver the first time around which is good; it also leaves you with better HDL levels. The testosterone I use is bio-identical; I rub it in the skin (transdermal).. Or call me. My e mail is <oops! email address removed for your security ~ please use the facility within the member's profile> I’ll send you my phone number. I have my operation this Monday. I can walk you through it. And give you all sorts of info…after I rest up. Be sure to get your base line hormones so you don’t have to mess around too much getting the right levels afterwards…at least you’ll be in the same ball park.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register