2nd Opinion Referral Suggestion - Boston Calling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Massachusetts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2nd Opinion Referral Suggestion - Boston Calling 2nd Opinion Referral Suggestion - Boston Calling

Unread 02-13-2016, 10:45 AM
2nd Opinion Referral Suggestion - Boston Calling

Hi,

I need a second opinion. Could someone recommend a doctor. Maybe someone affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess. I'm sixty years old had a pap smear where they found adenocarcinoma, then I went through a battery of tests CT scan MRI cervical biopsy uterine biopsy ultrasound and finally a LEEP procedure. There was no evidence of cancer in any of the above which leads me to believe that there could have been a mistake at the lab or a mistake at the doctors office where I had my pap smear .
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Currently I have a physician who is with the Dana Farber Cancer Society in South Shore Hospital, Weymouth, MA

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Re: 2nd Opinion Referral Suggestion - Boston Calling

(((ladeda7777)))

We've moved your thread to our Neighborhood forums where local members will be more likely to see your request.

Whilst you're waiting for replies, you may wish to check out our Doctor Directory and also the Suggest A Doctor website where many of our members have recommended their doctors and earned a profile badge by doing so.

Just a reminder for those replying - any recommendations will need to be fowarded by private message or email since the naming of doctors, on the boards, is not allowed per the website guidelines.

We're sending best wishes and positive thoughts!

Unread 02-14-2016, 08:51 AM

thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2016, 08:14 PM

Hi, i am probably going for a second opinion as well. My primary care sent me for a transvaginal ultrasound and the results were that i had a 17mm endometrium thickening. I was referred to gyn and she tried to obtain a biopsy and that was not successful because she said that it was too thick to obtain a good enough sample. She then did a D & C with hysteroscopy yesterday 2/25 and lo and behold the endometrium thickening was no where to be found and everything looked fine. So, did somebody mix up my ultrasound or is it someone else's results? My doctor is baffled by it and she did get biopsies to be sent to pathology and as you know another two weeks of worrying. Also, when i came out of anesthesia i had a cut on my tongue and under my tongue is numb and has a red sore on it. I questioned my doc and she said it was probably that i clenched down while coming out of anesthesia and the mouth guard that was placed to open the airways must of caused irritation. And we still haven't addressed the cyst yet that i have. She is waiting for the biopsies results to come back. I am baffled and frustrated with this whole thing. I don't know of any docs because i will be looking for one myself for a second opinion.
Unread 03-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Smile - 2nd Opinion Referral Suggestion - Boston Calling Re: 2nd Opinion Referral Suggestion - Boston Calling

Hi Jezzie,
Second opinion and I think it's a really good idea. I wonder where you live. I'm not very good at this yet, so I'm not in the right place I'm sure but I'll get the hang of it. What a great resource.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register