Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Massachusetts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

Unread 03-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

hi all
I guess I'm the only one at the moment from South Shore huh?
Well anyway tomorrow I return to work and am very nervous, About both returning to work and being tired and uncomfortable at work. I work on a computer but it is very fast paced and no room for error and I get so tired still that I am scared of the mistakes I will make. I hear alot of you that it has taken months to feel better
That is encouraging to me I thought something was wrong with me I am at approximately 8 weeks and still have pains at incision and numbness across the belly and tire easily
I had everything removed cervix,ovaries etc....
I am taking HR but not sure if this is regulated right yet Iget emotional and teary easily
My primary won't order hormones doesn't believe in them and my Gyn said I don't need to go back to him anymore he gave me one year rx for the hormones so am looking for new primary to continue the hormone therapy
Thanks for all the encouragement just reading what others have gone through has been helping me alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 08:57 AM

Definitely if your primary won't order hormones because they "dont believe in them" I'd be seeking another primary. You should be able to research options and take advantage of what feels right for YOU! They have their right to their opinion, but HRT is NOT experimental... women have found relief by using it for a very long time (albeit in different forms, different levels, different treatment lengths, etc) but to just say they won't order them.... that'd be my sign to start going elsewhere. My gyn has no problem ordering, prescribing them. He had told me IF I needed them (I got to keep both ovaries and they appear to have kicked back in) he'd recommend the hormone patch... so I would definitely look into the different kinds. It may take you a while to regulate, but there may also be something out there that can help with the emotions. I would also think you'd want a new primary since you probably SHOULD have regular annual phyicals that involve SOME sort of internal exam. Even if there's no need for a pap. Every doctor seems to have their own opinion on this. Best of luck finding a doc you can feel comfortable with, can talk to about ALL your health concerns, and who will respect your right to research and decide on treatment that is best for YOU.
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:18 AM

Hello Raincloud. I'd check out different options for HR, natural and non. Talk to your doctor about the options, even if the Dr doesn't want to prescribe something, they should be able to talk to you about them or perhaps find a nutritionist/homeopathisis (I know I spelled it wrong...it's suposed to be someone who's into natural healing) to help you. If I needed something, I'd try to go for the natural remedies first rather than some of the man-made stuff out there.

As for crying... I was like that off and on for a while, I'd be watching TV or doing something and start crying for no reason (happy/sad/funny moment...didn't matter) it's different for everyone. I'm getting back to normal now, or at least learning what it is....

Hang in there....better times are coming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 07:25 AM

Oh! Talking about PCPs, I need to find a new one since mine is leaving the practice. Any suggestions? Someone in the 93/495 area (north of Boston), that you can talk to and will listen, nice/clean office, etc.
I don't think you can list names on the website but if you could email them to me that would be great.

Thanks!
Unread 04-22-2007, 08:51 PM

Hello All,
I am from Peabody and have about 59 days to go until TAH. Does anyone ever get together in person? Would love to start talking with others from around here because I'm sure the nerves will start kicking in as the date gets closer.
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:59 AM

I'm from North Chelmsford. I guess sometimes people get together after surgery is done. You're lucky you have such a "heads up" as far as preparing for the surgery goes. I went in to see my doc and heard, "how about next Tuesday?" Thankfully he let me put it off for an extra week because I had to get things prepared at work and home before I was "out of commission". I had TAH on Feb. 7th and am pretty "recovered". Still working on building back my core strength and my energy levels can plummet after a hard day working outside, but I have to say from the MOMENT I got off the spinal catheter I felt an immediately improvement physically. What's the reason for your TAH?
Madeline (singingmad)
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:25 AM

Hi Holly,

I am from Westford. Had a TAH last year and all is well. You must have a ton of questions, we are here for you.. This is a great site,
all the best,
Kate
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Western Mass Girl

Hello everyone, I am in South Hadley, just above Springfield and just below Amherst out on the west side of the state.

Going for TAH next week on Weds. I can't wait to feel better. Looking forward to walking this whole thing off in the summer sun.
Unread 05-16-2007, 09:38 AM

Walking it off is right! But it'll take you a bit of time before you're ready for walking Ann43. TAke things slowly. For the first few weeks I was relegated to just doing a quick spin through the kitchen, into the dining room and back to the living room to my couch! I didn't do stairs til probably day 10. But you WILL be feeling better almost immediately as far as the reason for your going in for the surgery. Everyone's different of course, but most of us here admit that we sensed an improvement even WITH the pain involved in recovery. Best of luck on the 23rd!!!! It'll be here and gone before you know it!
Unread 05-16-2007, 09:50 AM

Singingmaid, I am so ready for this. My abdomen burns and aches 24/7 now. I had a myo with a verticle incision 11 or so years ago and I don't remember the recovery pain being any worse than what I feel like now (that is after the gas was gone).

I plan on taking every second I can to recover. I am really psyched to go back to working out so taking it slow may be my biggest challenge.

I can't wait to get rid of that "bowling ball feeling" in my belly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register