Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Massachusetts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

Unread 05-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!!

LOL Bowling ball feeling is right! I dealt with that same feeling... and wondered why in my wedding pictures last year it looked like I was pregnant!!! In fact I had a fibroid the size of a football in there! It started causing major problems with my period like bleeding 5 weeks at a time so heavy I couldn't leave the house! And I'm happy to say that is ALL behind me now. My stomach is almost back to its flat self (some swelling is still there because of the surgery) and I'm just over 3 months out from the surgery. My doc tells me it takes up to 6 months for real recovery and another 6 for all the inside stitches to dissolve so I'm being patient. But I agree, taking it slow IS a challenge.. but your body will definitely let you know if you've pushed yourself. I just recommend that for the first mont at least you take things VERY slowly... otherwise you'll put yourself backwards in recovery. Some people on here say, "you only get one chance to recover so do it right!" And that's the truth!!!! Give yourself the time you need and you'll be fine! Rush it and you may find that recovery time doubles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Singing mad, I am hoping that a good portion of my stomach goes away with this. At least that'll give me a chance to lose some of the rest of weight I have gained on my belly and get some semblence of a body back. Right now I can't pull my stomach muslces in beacuse it hurts too much. I had to give up situps a while ago and running has been out of the questions for months.

And, as I am much older and much wiser now (since my myomecotmy), I am going to really take advantage of resting and getting well. I have plenty of projects to work that that allow me to lounge around.

I remember doing a little too much last time and paying for it dearly afterward yes siryee - you can count on me taking it slow. I can't wait to walk though. It'll be nice once I am at a point where I can walk completely upright and notice the huge blob missing from inside my belly.

Do you feel a big difference? You must with a footballl size fibroid. I don't even know whats in there at this point but I know there is a huge mass just to the left below my belly button.
Unread 05-17-2007, 08:26 AM

Yes, I felt a huge difference, in ways I hadn't even imagined. Once my incision was a bit more comfortable I laid down on my stomach and realized it had been YEARS since I'd actually been able to sleep like that! I definitely had a 6 month pregnancy size belly going on there. The doc confirmed it for me! And I can honestly say that the day after surgery I'd lost a total of 5 pounds! And haven't gained it back even though I've been REALLY bad with eating junk lately! So the tumor (and its little buddies), my uterus and cervix had a combined weight of 5 pounds. I found that pretty interesting.

I'm almost 49 so I hear you on being older and wiser and also on having more trouble losing weight. If you are having your ovaries removed as well you may want to speak to your doc about HRT now so you know what's up. Otherwise energy may be an issue. Keep in mind that even if you KEEP your ovaries, they will no doubt be in shock for a few days. (mine were!) and it took 2 weeks before the hot flashes, mood swings and dry dry skin faded to the background. Also, maybe your doc can do a bit of a tummy tuck while he/she is in there. LOL But if you haven't already discussed that, it might not be an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 08:55 AM

I have only good thoughts about loosing this abdonimal mass. I'll let you know how big it is. I am not counting on loosing any weight, I am counting on being more active than now and also being able to work out again when I get strong. Of course if they took about 20 lbs off me I really would not complain, especially that difficult belly fat that is always the first to grow and the last to disapear when you loose weight :-}

I am hoping to keep the ovaries. If not I'll have to do some serious research. I have a slow thyroid that I take meds for and it'll be intersting to mix and match with hormones. I already warned my honey that I may take on characteristics of a psyhcho woman for a while but he says it is fine and he'll deal with it. Funny huh!

I actually considered a tummy tuck but have not heard of anything that can be done while getting a verticle incision. I should have asked that when I saw her. Too many other really important questions at the time.
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:35 AM

Well, best of luck. I didn't do the tummy tuck but I know a few women on this site got it done. I just wanted to stop the problems I was having and I'm happy to say that I kept my ovaries and the psycho woman was only around for a few weeks, then I was back to my regular ditzy self! :P
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:56 AM

Singingmad, I am so gald to hear your problems have stopped. Soon I'll on the other side with you. Hopefully the crazy woman stays only a few weeks at my house too. I am also kookie enough as it is Ha Ha. Thank god my BF has such a great sense of humor. I told him to just feed the monster with cholcoate chip icecream and everything will be fine! LOL
Unread 05-17-2007, 10:48 PM
North Shore

Hey a fellow North Shore person, (ShrtStuf00 from Peabody) I am from Beverly, I had a great Doctor and nurses. I think you will be fine. Send me a private message if you would like and we can see if you will be where I was for all the fun!
Unread 05-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Talking - Someone's gotta be from Massachusetts!!! Mass Hyster Sister

Hello!
I haved lived in Saugus for almost 2 years. I had a TAH in 2004 while living in California. Glad to see other sisters nearby!!
Unread 06-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Wow! I haven't checked this forum in a long time. For awhile I thought I was the only Hystersister from MA. I live in Acushnet. I have a great GYN in New Bedford, see a Uro/Gyn at Newton Wellesley and getting another Uro/Gyn opinion in Springfield. As you can see I've sort of covered all the major territories. Does anyone have any experience with the Uro/Gyn's in the Springfirld area?
Michelle
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Hi!

I'm from Burlington Mass...I'm going in at the end of the week for my partial hyst....looking forward to sharing my success stories....like the rest of you! take care-

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register