Just Had My 6 Week Appointment and I'm Released Now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Had My 6 Week Appointment and I'm Released Now Just Had My 6 Week Appointment and I'm Released Now

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Just Had My 6 Week Appointment and I'm Released Now

I just had my 6 week post-op check-up and the Dr. released me for all activities, including roller skating!!! I think I'll skate tonight. Pre-op blood tests showed my cholesterol levels to be too high and the Dr. is giving me three months to diet and exercise to get my cholesterol down or he will have me start meds. I refuse to take meds of any sort, and I need to lose weight, so this was the jump-start I needed to get my butt into gear. I figure having the hysterectomy was the start of me getting my health and life back in order. I've really let myself go weight-wise (I'm 184 pounds and I'm 5'5"), so hearing that I could need to take meds to lower something I could lower with diet and exercise (I know that will lower it since it has in the past), really puts it all in perspective for me. I started counting points today (once a Weight Watcher always a Weight Watcher) LOL, and I'm ready to hit the ground running!! Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend and keep on healing

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 03:40 PM

Yeah!!! Good for you but don't do to much to fast!!! I can't wait for my last appointment on the 31st of this month. I so want to do stuff I was doing prior to the surgery. I am 26 days post op (but whose counting)
Unread 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM

Don't overdue. I have read on here that it can take up to a year to feel completely yourself again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 03:53 PM

I am 8 weeks post op from TAH/BSO and am just now getting back to somewhat regular activities. As lulu69 said, don't do too much too fast. If you do, you may end up taking longer to recover and have to postpone the exercise even longer, so play it safe.
Unread 07-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Okay, okay, boy you gals are tough. LOL You're right about not doing too much too fast. Maybe I'll just put my skates on and skate in my back yard instead of the skating rink tonight. Dr. did say to start out slow as to skating and all.
Unread 07-06-2007, 06:03 PM

Perfect!! Sounds like a great idea.
Unread 07-06-2007, 06:51 PM

Good for you to have the Dr.'s okay for everything! But I agree with everyone else - don't overdo too much too fast! The thought of falling down scares me!

Good luck with WW - I'm thinking of starting the program (again) shortly myself. I'd like to lose 25 lbs and it seems to be getting harder since turning 40 (I'm 44 now). Keeping my weight down is supposed to help prevent re-occurence of my prolapses and that's all the incentive I need. I can't wait to start really walking again.

Have fun tonight!
Unread 07-06-2007, 07:06 PM

Sandy,
I am glad to hear that dr released you today.
I agree with the other ladies take it easy!
Unread 07-06-2007, 10:23 PM

Hi everyone, well instead of skating tonight, I went to Trader Joe's with my Mom, got some good and healthy food, had a nice dinner, and I'll take a bubble bath and relax tonight. I will roller skate tomorrow when I am fresh. Have a nice night and no insomnia allowed!!
Unread 07-07-2007, 01:33 AM

SandySk8tr, like you I am getting ready for my weekly meeting at WW...next Thursday. Have been off it since a week or so before surgery on May 21. Pre-Op I had lost 52 pounds, and since then have gained 10 or 12 pounds back...although my clothing size hasn't really changed other than not being able to wear pants. Swelly belly is finally starting to go down. Have already started eating core again, and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Like others have mentioned, be sure to take it easy and not jump too fast into the exercise programs. You really don't want to take two steps back to move one step forward.

Good look getting back into the swing of things!

Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register