Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 260 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 09-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi everybody! I haven't been here for a couple of days...busy busy. Back pain? Yep, it hit me two weeks ago and isn't getting better. Last time I had massage therapy it actually hurt more after than before -- he really dug down deep.
Libido? Well, I went through a "natural" menopause a few years ago and the sex drive certainly isn't what it used to be. I don't "need" sex any more, and miss that feeling. However, luckily I still "want" it occasionally, so I'm not completely dead below the belt ;-) This is normal, they say, but I sure miss that hungry feeling
Exercise? I just finished a half-hour on the treadmill. I lift small weights while I walk though this is the first time I've done it since the hysterectomy. I could feel a pulling and stretching but not pain, so I'll keep working on it gradually. Couldn't believe how weak my arms have become.
I'm starting full-time French classes tomorrow. The Canadian government is very big on us being bilingual, so from now on my messages to you will have to be in French
Take care, everyone, and try to stay in touch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Hey everybody,
I think that we are all slowing down on posting. Overall I feel good, but still complain about the swelly belly. Just feels too fatty in there. In my case, it is still not down to normal, but does get bigger during the evening. I have started on some small ab work and continue my walking. I also go to the gym again and do the treadmill and a little lifting on the pull down string weights. (not machine). My eye is much better when I turned my brightness down on the computer and used the thera tears. I gave up the patanol because it made it more red. My hemmy's (if that is what it is) are better too.
Phil,
How is your back?

Where the sam hill is E?

Still haven't tried X. BF's blood pressure is too high. Now, I am ready and he is not. We do other things though. Lucky for him, my drive is lower than it used to be.
Unread 09-30-2007, 12:25 PM

I dont have insurance and I use walmart, and yes I also use the HysterSister insurance RX card I got from this site, it helps with my meds. On my pain meds it took off 8.00 and on my sleeping meds it took off 30.00, amazing, thats money I would have not had if not for that Rx card!! So maybe you can combine that with your present insurance? Not sure, Walmart take with or without insurance. ONE THING IS FOR SURE, insurance pays a set cost for meds no matter where you buy and you pay the other, so why go to a place that charges more??? If you are a walmart customer, your meds are lower to start with so you will pay less..on everything, 4.00 or not... Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Presouz,
I am confused. Are u saying if you use walmart and have prescription coverage, my co-pay will be cheaper than using walgreens? I thought it didn't matter want pharmacy u use. Your co-pay will always be the same.
Unread 09-30-2007, 03:16 PM

yes co pay is the same, but if there is a med that has no generic brand for it, some insurance companies only pay up to a certain amount for a name brand med, example, lets say you go to savon and their price on that one name brand med is 100.00 and insurance only covers up to 80.00, you will have to pay the 20.00 right? But if Wal-Mart or Walgreen's (there good too) normal charge for that name brand med is only 80.00, there is no out of pocket money to you, see? its best to use the cheapest place to buy, I wish I knew that years ago, I paid out of pocket many times, for allergy nose sprays that have NO generics yet, and I could have saved BIG if I had known.. live and learn...
Unread 09-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Yep me too. Where did my libido go? I am on hormones but I have to believe it all changes after this surgery. Also the bladder, mine does the same. Pain here and there same thing in the AM sometimes. Why my GP and my surgeon thinks it should be completely healed is beyond me. I have an appt. tomorrow at the urologist. I feel like cancelling it. I think it just takes time to heal. It seems better then it was. But they always want you to go to another Dr. I am not sure about it all.

Okay what a bummer of a weekend. I spent yesterday down at Best Buy because my 2 yr old lap top crashed. The Geek Squad said that my hard drive went along with my mother board. Quoted me starting price to fix $500.00. Yiks! I ended up purchasing another lap top. I wanted them to download all the info from my old computer to my new. $100.00 it would cost...O.K. I have allot of stuff on my computer, pictures, songs, resume, Christmas card list etc...3 hours later NO CAN DO!! I would have to send it to a clean room and the starting cost would be again $500.00. So guess what....I am starting all over again... Moral of the story always buy the extended service plan and download your info to an external Hard Drive.

Alright enough of that...on the happy side..new computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsister4
I have double coverage mine, & my DH however I don't think all my bills added together will topple 20 grand. I get mad because I owe $7 to Insta-care for my first visit (couldn't pee) so far everything else has been paid 100%.

It is frustrating for me because my DD & DS are not covered anymore. I have never used much and they are the ones that need it now the most.

Ok here is my embarassing question of the week. Besides feeling numb & swelly still, where did my libido go? It isn't low is is non-existent? Yeah X is not very comfortable but I don't bleed (E) and it was uncomfortable before surgery but at least I was willing?? I had my hormones ck'd on my 5 1/2 wk post op and was told everything was in "normal range?" Is this another new norm? Bummer.

Also bladder isues, when I go 1st in the morning, it kinda hurts & I don't shoot in a straight line? I still can't complain compared to some of you guys with much more serious complications. I tried to do "normal" work yesterday & I overdid it, TGIF!!!! one more day. I was also trying out some excercising on the stabilization ball for my abs & did not feel good after.

Hey everyone have a great fall weekend, I am going to set out all my fall/halloween decorations. I love the fall, I think we can finally put summer behind us? Yeah...
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:03 PM

byfaith, do what I learned years ago, I keep a few free email accounts, i.e. yahoo, hotmail, gmail, simple passwords to never forget and I email myself important stuff and put it in folders in said free email accounts for safe keeping, also then its available for way from home use too,I can log on to any ones computer and show photos and such.... I bought a firefly portable hard drive and just drug and dropped all of my important files to that portable drive, remember, drag and drop, its much easier than moving one at a time doing a save as. Anyway now I sleep better at night, my computer is my business and my life... as well as having great things that I really need to keep. So again I had a crash that left me starting over too.. GOOD LUCK!!
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:14 PM

Great idea! I do have one other email account but I guess I never thought of sending important info I wanted saved. We do have another computer down stairs but I have let my dh take that one. We have had it since at least 2000 and not one problem. I guess the lap top never lasts as long due to it being compact (Geek Squad info). Well, I guess this was a learning experience for me.
Unread 09-30-2007, 08:10 PM

byfaith,
how weird that happened to you, the laptop thing, it happened to me last week, and the very same thing - yeah take it to a clean room, yada yada. I bought a new laptop also. Note, too, that there is no software included either...just more money to spend. And I hadn't backed up for about a year...such is life
Unread 09-30-2007, 09:14 PM

How strange?? How old was your laptop?? From what I am being told is that they don't last as long as a desk top computer. But I like my lap. I took out a three year service plan on all the hardware and battery. They said after 3 years I could renew it for another 100.00 and he said chances are you will end up with a new free laptop due to the fact they won't spend more to fix if you can get a replacement for close to the same.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register