How well do you have to be? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How well do you have to be? How well do you have to be?

Unread 07-11-2010, 05:22 AM
How well do you have to be?

I feel like I might be getting a cold or a cough.
My throat almost hurts. My temp is 96.9 so no fever.
I do not want postponement.
I've been drinking juice which has 100% daily vitamin C.

I won't hide it from them. In fact, if I'm dragging tomorrow I'll call the doctor to see what she says.

I want so bad to get to the other side but I also want strong lungs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Re: How well do you have to be?

try to get solid nights of sleep between now and surgery. that will really help!! i hope you'll feel better and this won't be a concern on morning of surgery!
Unread 07-11-2010, 08:36 AM

You do not want a cough after you surgery even when they ask you to cough in the hospital after surgery, its uncomfortable. I had the same problem a few days before and took airborn and Zicam. I had the doc office check and see if all the ingredients were ok to take and they looked and said yes. Just remember every dr. has different ideas of whats ok and whats not. So if possible maybe you could check with your hospital today and see what they think if you want to try this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2010, 09:16 AM

My temp was 99.6 the morning of the surgery, they didnt worry about it. After the first 24 hours i was spiking temps but they give antibiotics in your IV so I think that started working because as of this morning I have had not more fevers.

I did not have a cough or anything and felt well, I would just check with your dr to make sure.
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADY0123 View Post
My temp was 99.6 the morning of the surgery, they didnt worry about it. After the first 24 hours i was spiking temps but they give antibiotics in your IV so I think that started working because as of this morning I have had not more fevers.

I did not have a cough or anything and felt well, I would just check with your dr to make sure.

Wow Cady! Did you really have yours Friday?
How are you?
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM

Hi BakerBee,

I did have it friday. My temp was 99.6 when the nurse checked me in but my dr looked over my chart and had no issues with it. I was feeling good other than that. I was in surgery 45 minutes later.

I was waiting for them to start my iv and was so scared they would cancel but it must be common because no one ever said anything to me about being concerned.

I hope things work out, they will Good Luck!
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:59 PM

Try garlic tablets and vitamin c - a natural antibiotic I've heard. I hope it is just stress causing you to be run down a bit and not you getting sick. Although that sounds just down right rude -- cause really I hope you are 100%, hope you get the jist.

I know you are eager to get on the other side of the castle. My prayers are with you.
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:42 PM

Hi Baker! When I went in for my surgery, I was fighting off some sinus junk. My temp for pre op was 99.6 but they didn't seemed concerned. I talked to my prep nurse about how I was feeling and she said that I was going to be fine. They went on to do my surgery and honestly I think the antibotics helped me feel better. I did have a cough a bit after I woke up, but I tried to just keep my throat clear and cough drops are your friend! Much luck! Try to get some sleep and start pampering yourself now.
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:52 PM

Okay, so don't do the garlic. I checked the herb board and it says to stop 7 days before surgery. It affects bleeding. Sorry = (
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:12 PM

I had to stop all my herbs including garlic 5 days prior, so you can't use that. I would call them and tell them beforehand, as it could be risky. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register