LAVH Question regarding post hysterectomy orgasm | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question regarding post hysterectomy orgasm Question regarding post hysterectomy orgasm

Unread 08-01-2020, 08:31 AM
Question regarding post hysterectomy orgasm

Hello sisters!

I just had a total lav hysterectomy on the 13th of July. Recovery has been well so far. My problem is libido surge. I know no sex for 8 weeks or so and I have no issues with that. I have had 2 orgasms while sleeping and each time, I have woken in a panic that I have torn something. Fortunately I haven't, but it is making me afraid to sleep. Add that to the insomnia I am already experiencing and I am starting to hate bed time. My question for you all is...do you have any suggestions for me to keep them from happening...anything herbal i can take or mental I can do?
Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Re: Question regarding post hysterectomy orgasm

Libido surge is common post op, there an article about this in the article section.

You will need to get clearance from your doctor as typically complete pelvic rest is advised.

Here is the article https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_195043.htm
Unread 08-01-2020, 09:59 PM

I had the same problem but i dont know for sure if I actually did have one or not or if it was a dream and wasnt real? Maybe watch something before bed thats a total turn off that takes your mind into another direction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2020, 06:36 AM

You really can't help what happens in your sleep. True, orgasm increases blood flow to the area which needs healing, but it's unlikely to tear stitches like lifting, strenuous core movement or outright penetration would. You might feel crampy-achy from it, maybe experience a bit of pressure from swelling.

I agree with Cjarbell, find some quiet activity to do before turning in. Read short uplifting stories (think "Chicken Soup" series), engage in coloring, jigsaw puzzles, solitaire with real cards... something with visual appeal which might linger in your mind as you drift off to sleep.

Unread 08-02-2020, 08:05 AM
Question regarding post hysterectomy orgasm

Thank you everyone so much for your suggestions! I pulled out a jigsaw puzzle last night and though I couldn't sit up very long to work on it, it might have helped. Thanks again!
Unread 08-06-2020, 02:33 AM

I've had several orgasm right after my surgery. Day 2 was the worst lol. Luckily, I did not damage anything and my vaginal cuff healed well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register