Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Unread 02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Hi, just posting today. I had SAH on Tuesday came home on Thursday. No complications with surgery however, the dreaded nausea from anesthesia was unbelievable. I was heeving for 24 hours. I always have this problem so I asked for the epidural because I heard it was easier on the stomach but as it turns out they put morphine in the epidural. Other than the nausea I would say it hasn't been too bad. I'm just taking motrin for pain. Can't sleep well at night so dr. gave me ambien. I'm very weak and my back hurts all the time. I don't feel well at all and feel like I should be better. Don't mean to be a drag. But it stinks right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 08:38 AM

((((Goldie))))
I'm sending you hugs because you're right, it does sometimes suck after surgery. I hope the pain and the nausea diminish rapidly for you. It's early days yet, so don't be hard on yourself.

Make sure you read through the other threads for helpful tips. Could be someone was feeling the way you are and they had a nice little remedy to make things a bit easier.
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:01 PM

Hi,
I'm new here, just joined today, (I have a lap top so I'm posting from bed :-) I had a vaginal hysterctomy and rectocele for prolapse on Tuesday and went home Wednesday afternoon. I'm still feeling really weak and can't stand for long, but I did okay at the dinner table last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 04:53 PM

Hey Wendy!

Just dropping in. I had my LSH on the 22nd and am on the mend except for a nasty infection. You will find a lot of great info in all the different threads and topics. The laptop in bed is great. I've been doing my homework that way in the evening.
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:39 PM

This may be T.M.I. but I had my first bowel movement tonight since Surgery on Tuesday. Wow... I was so worried it would hurt, but it really wasn't too bad. And the relief from the pressure is wonderful! I really don't feel like I just had major surgery!
Unread 02-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi Bookworm

Hi Bookworm,
Wow, I can't imagine trying to keep up with school though this. Are your classes face to face or on-line? I just graduated December 30 th from UMUC with a BA in Humanities. Hang in there, you will be finished before you know it.

Way to go Tara! I had a rectocele too so I've been taking a lot of milk of magnesia, which causes the opposite problem :-)
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:26 AM
feeling worse :-(

I had my surgery on Tuesday and today, (Sunday,) I'm hurting more than I did yesterday. I know I did too much yesterday, but it feels different. I just feel a lot of pressure against my pelvic floor, like I used to during the really heavy days of my period. I may have pushed too much to have a BM yesterday.

It isn't bad enough to go to the ER or call my doc, (I will call him tomorrow with some questions,) I'm mostly just venting because it hurts. The Darvocete isn't helping so I may go to Vicodin next. Fortunately, I'm very well stocked with pain meds.
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:56 AM

Hi all,

Had TVH Friday home saturday. All went well, no complications and no real pain to speak of. I do have a backache though. I used alot of the advice I got from the forums and am greatful. They gave me meds for nausea before during and after surgery and it worked great.

I feel so much better now than I did before, it's almost unbelieveable. Thank all of you for the info, and god bless
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Just a follow up- I was still having a lot of pain during urination and was going very frequently. The urologist said that for now I could take pyridium to help with the pain, that it would not hinder my healing in anyway. He said that sometimes the bladder does not empty all the way after having the sling surgery, so if I still feel this way in a few days to come in for an ultrasound to make sure the urgency is just irriation and not the fact that my bladder is not emptying. Other than the bladder pain, the hysterectomy pain is bearable with the pain meds.
Hope all my fellow sisters are doing well!
Unread 02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
hi everyone fianlly home

hi everyone i had a LATVH on wend. afternnoon. doc says everthing was good i got to keep ovaries thank goodness. I have to say i was miserable after surgery i thought i was prepared for the gas pain and i read so much on here but i wasnt ready. They took the calthader out on thursday morning and the packing OMG THAT WAS NOT FUN. didnt know about the packing.
As soon as they moved me out of bed to sit up that is when everything went crazy. I started throwing up and oh boy let me tell you that hurts the stomach. they gave me some meds for nausea that helped. Doc said i couldnt leave the hospital thursday because i was having trouble. After a cpl more hours of rest they finally let me start walking with help. That was nice to start moving, but at that point that gas was horrible.
I finally got to leave the hospital friday at 3 pm. but i was told to be very careful i was still light headed. I went to my mothers house that night so she could help me with my daughter and to recover. even with all teh stool softners they gave me at hosptial, and water water water, and walking i still got constipated they thought i would have to go back to hospital last night. finaly heard back from doc he told me to take laxative and eat prunes. so finally after 5 hours i was better i could finally sit it got so bad it hurt to sit.
Now im home and feeling alottt better took a nice hot bath and now sitting here relaxing.hopefully everything will be easy from here on out. thanks for all the advise before surgery im glad i knew what i did. Hope everyone else is recovering well and feeling good

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register