Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021

Unread 03-25-2021, 10:52 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021

Ladies... is anybody feeling emotional? I mean I'm sure my hormones are going to be out of wack sometimes right?? I'm suddenly VERY moody today... I could be tired too but I'm just wondering if anybody else's moods and emotions have been all over the place yet???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2021, 11:02 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSchwab84 View Post
Ladies... is anybody feeling emotional? I mean I'm sure my hormones are going to be out of wack sometimes right?? I'm suddenly VERY moody today... I could be tired too but I'm just wondering if anybody else's moods and emotions have been all over the place yet???
Not as bad as I expected, not yet anyway, but I did have some ups and downs, mostly downs. Our routines changed drastically, which is never easy. Im sure hormones are at play too. Plus fatigue. Rest up and do something that brings you joy.
Unread 03-25-2021, 02:22 PM

No moods from me, but I’m sure I’ll have my moment down the road. My only main concern so far with this whole adventure is getting regular again. Have only had 2 small pellety BM’s which is not at all my normal thing. I’m eating super light just because I’m worried about having that backed up pain before getting in the flow again. I could be drinking more water I’m sure but am drinking some, just haven’t been thirsty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2021, 03:36 PM

Oh so I just got a call from my doctor checking on me, she just got my pathology report back, all benign! Yay! I wasn’t worried but you never know. She confirmed it was actually 33 fibroids she counted.
They did weigh the fibroids! Total weight uterus plus fibroids was 662 grams (a "technically difficult" hysterectomy is a uterus weighing 250 grams or more). Whew!
Unread 03-25-2021, 10:11 PM

I guess it's my 1 week HysterVersary! LOL!
It's a been a couple days since I checked in. Sounds like we're all sort of going through similar ups and downs. Forgive me not getting screen names - But I'm glad to hear it wasn't a UTI. Also - the high BP is scary! I'm not checking mine at home. I don't need another thing to worry about.

Overall I'm doing ok. Mostly tired, but I'm sleeping well. Pain is manageable with Ibuprofen or tylenol. I am still taking the vicodin at bedtime because it helps me knock out hard and get a good nights sleep. Weird dreams though!

Today I ventured out on my own. Drove myself to Walgreens looking for chocolate and a few other things, and then drove through Panda Express. I was tired by the time I got home, but it felt good to get out. I tried to put on actual pants, by my swelly belly wasn't having it. Looks like it's going to be leggings for a while.

4 out of 5 of my incisions looks great, but the one inside the belly button is problematic. Honestly I wish they had cut just above or just below. At this stage of my life I could care less about scars. It's not showing signs of infection, but I'm overweight and I know it's not able to air out like the others and the glue seems to be getting weird. I had to pick away some of it from around the navel and I think at some point this weekend I'll have to pull the rest of it out. I wish I could see exactly where the incision is. A friend of mine is a surgical nurse so I'm going to see if she can come help me.

Someone else mentioned worrying about tearing the vaginal cuff - YES - that is my biggest fear as well!! I 'm not feeling any discomfort in that area, so I guess I'm doing ok.

I'm not having mood swings, but then again I was already post menopausal, so I guess that helps. In fact I was kind of wondering if I was dead inside so I watched a Disney movie to see. I cried at the appropriate parts, whew!!!

Take care everyone!
Unread 03-26-2021, 07:56 AM

Hey Ladies,
I put in an email to my GYN but I started having significant right flank/lower abdomen pain yesterday. I did keep my ovaries and she said I did have a small cyst on that right ovary. I’m thinking it might’ve ruptured, I’m also scared I did something to the vaginal cuff, and maybe that’s the pain. Either way it’s significant. No heavy bleeding just some minor spotting.
Just worried is all. I did a little more moving around yesterday so maybe I did too much and aggravated things.
Unread 03-26-2021, 11:13 AM

Swshea -
Oh no! Please keep us posted. I'm so sorry you're in pain. Hopefully it's "just" the cyst and not the vaginal cuff. (but cyst is bad enough!) I would think vag cuff pain might be more central and lower. Take care and try not to move too much until you hear from the doctor.

Lisa
Unread 03-26-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swshea View Post
Hey Ladies,
I put in an email to my GYN but I started having significant right flank/lower abdomen pain yesterday. I did keep my ovaries and she said I did have a small cyst on that right ovary. I’m thinking it might’ve ruptured, I’m also scared I did something to the vaginal cuff, and maybe that’s the pain. Either way it’s significant. No heavy bleeding just some minor spotting.
Just worried is all. I did a little more moving around yesterday so maybe I did too much and aggravated things.
Sorry this happened to you. how are you feeling today? If you did not hear back from them I would call your doctors office and at least talk to a nurse.

I am not a medical provider but want to add a bit of insight here to maybe easy your mind. You said you are having minor spotting, is that new after your pain? if so, I a wondering if it is the internal sutures poking the vaginal wall. This can happen and is not a fun feeling. Also, since you kept your ovaries, it could be ovulation, not sure if you can trackback your cycle? If it was a cuff issue, you most likely would have more bleeding and constant pain. I hope it was an isolated pain and you are doing better.

Let us know how you are doing when you have a chance.
Unread 03-26-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovekayak View Post
Swshea -
Oh no! Please keep us posted. I'm so sorry you're in pain. Hopefully it's "just" the cyst and not the vaginal cuff. (but cyst is bad enough!) I would think vag cuff pain might be more central and lower. Take care and try not to move too much until you hear from the doctor.

Lisa
Thank you! The nurse and doctor on call think I over did things yesterday in addition to having a coughing spell (the tube really did a number on my throat), that irritated things (explains the little extra spotting from the cuff), and that I got behind on my pain management. So I was told to go back to taking the oxycodone and Ibuprofen for the next 2-3 days to get back ahead. My bladder was also really affected by my large uterus and has had a hard time waking up and fully functioning since it’s removal (it has room now!) and the cath really irritated it, it almost kept me in the hospital an extra day! So that’s probably part of the pain. I just have to accept that for me it’s going to be a little slower going and I just need to stop comparing myself to others who are healing faster then me.
Unread 03-26-2021, 02:23 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies

VBCM: Glad you got tested and feeling better.

Zengarden77: So, in recovery you body needs extra calories to produce fuel to help heal. Try to get more protein in your daily intake.

Sschwab84: yes, emotions are normal to be all over the place. Hang in there! During my recovery I was very teary eyed, which is so not me.

Palm79: First-Great news on your path results!! Regarding your issue with producing BM’s. Product in equals product out. Sounds like you need to eat and drink more in your day. If you wait until you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. Think the ratio is you should drink ˝ your body weight/pounds in ounces. Try drinking a glass of water at a time vs sipping. If concerned with hard BM’s take stool softeners. They are meant to make it easier to go, not make you go. Don’t take laxatives unless your doctor tells you to take them, as it could lead to a cycle of diarrhea and constipation.

Peacelovekayak: Swelly Belly is such a pain! I remember in the morning my belly would be flat and by afternoon I was so swollen! If I picked pants that fit with no stretch. I would be sorry as I would have them unbutton and unzipped. Regarding your incision, good idea to have your friend check them out. If you are really concern call your doctor. I know that my doctor said not to pick off the glue, let it just come off when ready. I did have to trim the ends a few times as it was catching on my shirt.
I know that it is hard not to worry about cuff issues. They do happen, but not a high percentage. If you stay the course of following your doctor’s orders and listening to what your body needs you should be fine.

Sending everyone here healing hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register